Due in Nov 2012 Chat Thread #13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#76 emnut

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Henry is gorgeous TJ - congrats & so glad for you he is on the outside now.

Tanglez - hope all is going well for you too

#77 chic mummy

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

TJ congratulations he looks adorable. congrats, congrats, congrats  biggrin.gif

sounds like all went well

#78 chic mummy

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

just had my appointment im 38 weeks today. all is looking good my iron levels have increased *yay* and ive been checked internally to see how far along im going. my cervix is thinning out and effacing so hopefully dilation will start in the next few days as long as these braxton hicks continue to go along the way they do (well i hope so) im now starting to lose my plug although i know thats because of the internal  my midwife did.

im measuring 41 weeks and i told my midwife im worried if he is a big bub i won't be able to deliver him naturally and i really really really want to avoid a c-section for several reasons the biggest one being that my husband and i want to start trying for number 2 in a year which i know i cant do if i have a c-section as they say you should wait 2 years for all to heal. so she said if nothing has happened by next week as ill be 39 weeks she'll do a stretch and sweep i think its called to see if that hurry things along.

im just here waiting patiently now but ill be losing my patience soon.  sad.gif

ETA - TJ no scan today. shes hoping that his measurements next week begin to stabilise/ reduce or whatever that means or else its stretch and sweep to help things move along.

Edited by misslizzie, 10 November 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#79 justonemore♥

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

T.J. - congratulations on the arrival of Henry original.gif what a gorgeous little boy! So glad everything went smoothly for you. I would love an hour long labour  biggrin.gif

Tanglez - I hope everything went well with your labour.. Can't wait for an update original.gif

AFM I would really love to be out of the overdue club.. I'm 40w+3d today. I had my antenatal appointment on Thursday and my lovely midwife gave me a stretch and sweep. She was so gentle I hardly felt a thing. I lost a bit of the plug this morning but nothing else happening here.. I've been booked into the overdue clinic on Monday to discuss my options etc so hopefully things get a move on soon original.gif

#80 emnut

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

justonemore - hope that you leave the overdue club really soon

TJ - hope Henry is proving to be a good sleeper for you

Miss Lizzie - hope you can avoid a c-section (out of curiosity because we won't be having anymore, but where did you get the information about waiting 2 years from - at my 6 week appointment after Henry I was told after 12 months is ok to ttc from my high risk ob)

I finally got to hold Henry today.  His nurse that he has is one of my favourites & she agrees with me that while he doesn't meet all the requirements to be suitable for kangaroo care (his vent settings are too high & he weighs less that it is usually recommended for) it is really the one thing we haven't been able to try to help him - all the medical stuff seems to be holding him fairly constant but with no real improvement so hoping that the skin-skin contact will give him the push he needs.  Taking DS1 to the beach for a while now then out to dinner since DH is working.

#81 chic mummy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

justonemore - fingers crossed all gets moving real quick for you so you can have your baby in your arms.

emnut - thats great to hear that you got to hold henry. would have been lovely for you. and hopefully after some skin to skin contact all the medical equipment will start to assist him in making an improvement. Hopefully you enjoy your day out with DS to the beach and dinner.

To be honest i don't remember now where i was told i had to wait 2 years after a c-section to start trying for another baby. I know when i started announcing i was pregnant to people i was told so many things which lead to me reading even more things and this is where i read/was told about the 2 year wait thingy. Maybe i miss interpreted it and it meant wait 1 year then TTC then by 2 years later you can deliver a baby. but if all you have to wait in 12 months that works out perfect to me and you have just made one of my worries disappear now. Thanks emnut, I think im officially all systems go and ready for whatever type of labour i end up actually having (hopefully the natural one that i want)

i really should have verified that 2 year wait it was in my head for months  sad.gif ive learnt my lesson. haha

#82 emnut

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:35 PM

misslizzie - maybe talk to the midwives/an ob about it yourself to verify - my ob is a high risk one so it could be possible that his time frames are a bit different given he is used to working almost exclusively with high risk pregnancies anyway.  I hope it turns out to be no issue anyway & you get your planned birth.

#83 chic mummy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

emnut - will do. Im seeing her again on wednesday  original.gif thanks

#84 tanglez

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Long story short because we only just got home! Joseph was born at 4:12am on Friday 9th November a healthy 10 pounds and almost 53cm after an emergency c section. No labour, attempt at cervidil but ctg showed too many signs of foetal distress to make labour safe. All went well and we are happy to be home. Oh my poor nipples lol! TJ I am so so thrilled for you congratulations original.gif everyone else accept my well wishes and will catch up on news properly soon

#85 Suz01

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

Oh my 10 pounds!!! Congrats on the birth, I'm starting to think I should attempt to toughen up my nipples with a tooth brush lol!

No news here. 39 wks today, no signs and I'm feeling OK. Just nervous.

Focussing on cleaning and making a list of ideal house cleaning tasks and my DDs routine for anyone/everyone.

Thinking of taking DD swimming cause it'll be a few wks if I get stitches before we'll get to go.

So we have four babies so far? And its nearly midway through Nov!

#86 lelula

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't kept you posted, I'm still in hospital, I have had some complications but will explain when I'm home (not known yet but really really hoping for tomorrow arvo, this place is doing my head in).

What I really wanted to let you know was that last Tuesday, the 6th November, my baby girl was born - Leila Paige, weighing 3.39 kgs. And wow... I'm so so so so in love, she is amazing and perfect and just beautiful. It's been the most challenging week of my life with everything that has happened, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat for her.

Will update more when home, and try to catch up properly on EB news. Congrats TJ & Tanglez on your boys original.gif

#87 MalibuZoo

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

Evening all,

TJ- how's it all going? Boobs feeling better?? Great news your bp issues are resolving.

Lozzy- Congratulations on the arrival of your little princess. Beautiful name. Hope you get home and settled soon.

Tanglez- Congratulations on the arrival of not so little Joseph.  wub.gif  his name, I have a Joseph too. Calls himself joe joe. Hope your boobs feeling better soon too.

Hi Suz- how did the domestic chores go. I spent this morning at the oasis. OMG I nearly died. It is so hot and stuffy, make sure you take a BIG water bottle.

Emnut- so pleased you got to hold Henry. Did it have the positive effect on him they thought it might?

Justonemore- hope you are in hospital now holding your baby.

Lizzie- I've heard that those sizing measurements can be somewhat inaccurate. I too have been told I'm having a whopper but am believing that my body will just know what to do. Good to hear your iron levels have improved. I will find out my iron results next Monday. Last time they were almost non existent.

AFM- still plodding along. Think I might treat myself to bit of waxing and pedi tomorrow. I normally hate anyone touching my feet but they feel so neglected as I can't get to them anymore. Will be watching for more baby news too.

Edited by MalibuZoo, 12 November 2012 - 08:43 PM.

#88 chic mummy

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

tanglez - congratulations on delivering baby joseph. I hope your all settled in now at home keep us posted with how all is going xx

Suz01 - hopefully not much longer now. sounds like a good idea going for a swim with your DD. im sure she'll love it.

lozzylots - congratulations on Leila, i hope you are recovering well from your complications and hopefully you will be out of the hospital soon so you can at least recover in your own bed xx

malibuzoo - a pedi sounds devine and im sure you will enjoy it. i got one a fortnight ago and because my feet were so chubby with liquid the massage felt just amazing. im considering now going to the shopping centre and getting a 30 minute foot rub  tongue.gif enjoy your day of pampering

as for myself

the last 24 hours have been interesting i have been losing more of my plug and last night  i had these incredible contractions that had me doubled over and in all amounts of pain. It was like nothing i had ever felt before i was sure it was the start of labour although then it went away after 15 minutes.

the pains were incredible and were right on top of each other i could not move and i could barely speak through them my DH jumped out of bed after seeing how i was. they were so intense that it last 12 minutes we timed with the clock i had no longer than a 20/30 second break between one and another and then the breaks were 5 seconds no existent etc. then after 12 minutes it all magically disappeared.
they were very intense and i honestly thought that contraction must have made quite some impact down there. ( i hope so anyways ) i slept fine then woke up this morning for 2 hours felt really exhausted and jumped back in bed for another 6 hours. i was surprised at the time when i woke up and couldn't believe i had slept so much i was exhausted and out of it.

could this possibly mean labour is near?? ive had tightening and constant back aches and pains and period pains the whole day as well...ill ask my midwife on wednesday when i see her to check how im going in terms of effacement/ dialating.

anyways best wishes for everyone else out there and anyone who may be having their little one at the moment.

#89 justonemore♥

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

Hi all!

Just a quick update from me to let you know my little girl Ashley was born on Sunday night at 8:12pm weighing 3.52kg and 51cm long. I am absolutely smitten with her  wub.gif and enjoying my stay in hospital before I go home to having a toddler and a newborn hehehe

My labour was unbelievably quick but I will update better when I am home tomorrow and catch up on everyone's news biggrin.gif

#90 cojack

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Hi Everyone

Have been reading for months following everyones journey!  Forgot my password got real busy..  Am going in to have my 3rd bub tomorrow morning c-section.  All kinds of nervous although this is my  3rd section.  Congrats on everyone having bubs, I hope you are all keeping well.   biggrin.gif

#91 emnut

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yay new babies - so happy for those of you with your new little ones & sounds like all is going well.

Lozzylots -sorry you had complications - hope you do get to come home to recover today.

Henry has had a good couple of days & his drs have agreed that allowing kangaroo care is worth a shot so have marked it on his charts that I am to have skin to skin contact as long as he is stable.  So now my baby boy just needs to doing as he has been so he can have cuddles.  Hoping that today we will be reducing his vent settings further - they are having another go at very gradual weaning with the help of steroids.

#92 whatnamenow

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

just an update.  Was really really hoping to be coming in today with baby news.  Was meant to be having my waters broken today in an induction attempt but when i rang this morning was advised that there were too many labouring women in the birth suites.  I have to ring again tomorrow morning to see if they have space for me tomorrow.  I am 3cm, fully efffaced with an anterior cervix so everything is really favourable.

Been very jealous of everyones babies and at the same time slightly terrified.  Feeling very very emotional today.

#93 franno

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hi everyone,

Congrats on the new babies ... There has been a flurry in the FB group too and the pics are making me clucky!!

Emnut so please to see that you're getting to cuddle Henry ....

I am 40+1 today and going in tomorrow to begin induction (although my thyroid is fine there are potential issues that she doesn't want to take a risk on by letting me go too far over). I am having a pessary tomorrow and being admitted then waters broken on Thurs if the pessary hasn't worked. Apparently my cervix isn't that favorable at the moment. Been doing loads of walking and last night we DTD so I'd love it if she said it was more favorable tomorrow. Feels weird knowing that by tomorrow or Thurs I will be Mum to 2. I feel so emotional about my DD who doesn't know what's about to hit her (she will be thrilled with the new my little pony that the baby has brought her and it's in my hosp bag right now because she has wanted this one for months!!).

Will update with news when I can.

Good luck to those the rest who are still waiting.

#94 chic mummy

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

justonemore - congratulations on the birth os Ashley. hope all is running smoothly at home xx

cojack - i hope your c-section went really well and i hope you have your baby nice and snug in your arms. let us know how you went.

emnut - thats great news that you get to have more cuddles and skin to skin contact. hopefully that will give henry the boost he needs original.gif im wishing your family and him all the best

T.J - your cracked nipples don't sound too great, hopefully they recover quickly. its good to hear your little one is doing well although im very sorry to hear that Lachie has come down with a bug. fingers crossed it disappears soon.

charlottesmum - hopefully when you do have an attempt at breaking your waters it works to get the ball rolling to see your little one i have been super jealous as well of all the baby news but im not even a full 39 weeks yet so i can't complain and i have to wait. my emotions have been very high lately as well. Poor DH sees me crying all the time and he feels guilty like hes done something (maybe he has which is why he feels bad  tongue.gif )

franno - hopefully all goes well. im sure your DD will love the present her new sibling has brought her. let us know how you go and when you are able to tell us all about your new little addition  happy.gif

as for myself  - once again i am awake at 1am, thanks to my back aches i had a shower which helped it ease although i am swollen, tired, cranky, emotional and really exhausted mentally with everything at the moment. today all day i had contractions/ BH and i was still working on cleaning the house, ironing etc although this has been like this for weeks. the pains are getting worse this week and have been the last 2 days although im at a point where i am just so over it. i have always had BH  (since about 28 w) that i could feel and were a little painful and the last few weeks other symptoms have been added onto it.

i feel very warm now and i am beginning to wonder when are all of these pre labour pains going to morph into contractions for my little one to come out. im feeling very burnt out about it all and i have been resting heaps during the day but mentally i am so over the weeks of pain and not knowing whats normal or not.

i really hope i don't go over, i know it will be harder once bubs has arrived although hopefully at least i will have my body back and won't be in pain so much anymore.

anyways enough of a whinge from me. I hope everyone is doing fine with their new born bubs, or doing fine resting up and waiting for theirs to be born.

#95 mellmatho

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (misslizzie @ 14/11/2012, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
justonemore - congratulations on the birth os Ashley. hope all is running smoothly at home xx

cojack - i hope your c-section went really well and i hope you have your baby nice and snug in your arms. let us know how you went.

emnut - thats great news that you get to have more cuddles and skin to skin contact. hopefully that will give henry the boost he needs original.gif im wishing your family and him all the best

T.J - your cracked nipples don't sound too great, hopefully they recover quickly. its good to hear your little one is doing well although im very sorry to hear that Lachie has come down with a bug. fingers crossed it disappears soon.

charlottesmum - hopefully when you do have an attempt at breaking your waters it works to get the ball rolling to see your little one i have been super jealous as well of all the baby news but im not even a full 39 weeks yet so i can't complain and i have to wait. my emotions have been very high lately as well. Poor DH sees me crying all the time and he feels guilty like hes done something (maybe he has which is why he feels bad  tongue.gif )

franno - hopefully all goes well. im sure your DD will love the present her new sibling has brought her. let us know how you go and when you are able to tell us all about your new little addition  happy.gif

as for myself  - once again i am awake at 1am, thanks to my back aches i had a shower which helped it ease although i am swollen, tired, cranky, emotional and really exhausted mentally with everything at the moment. today all day i had contractions/ BH and i was still working on cleaning the house, ironing etc although this has been like this for weeks. the pains are getting worse this week and have been the last 2 days although im at a point where i am just so over it. i have always had BH  (since about 28 w) that i could feel and were a little painful and the last few weeks other symptoms have been added onto it.

i feel very warm now and i am beginning to wonder when are all of these pre labour pains going to morph into contractions for my little one to come out. im feeling very burnt out about it all and i have been resting heaps during the day but mentally i am so over the weeks of pain and not knowing whats normal or not.

i really hope i don't go over, i know it will be harder once bubs has arrived although hopefully at least i will have my body back and won't be in pain so much anymore.

anyways enough of a whinge from me. I hope everyone is doing fine with their new born bubs, or doing fine resting up and waiting for theirs to be born.

Monday night 10pm to tuesday 3:30am I was getting regular contractions 2-3 and 2-4 min apart last 40-60 seconds each.. by the time I woke up about 7:30am they were gone:( had a few nigglies throughout yesterday but nothing really and nothing again last night.. I do have a sore back and hips though.. Im 39+6 today

#96 chic mummy

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

melmatho - it sucks doesn't it. i woke up with back pains again last night and i had to have a shower to help ease the pain with warm water on my back. im having pains again this morning (BH, and period pains, and shooting pains from hips) im seeing my midwife today hopefully she can check me out to see how all is going.

I hope it isn't too long for you because i know its not getting very enjoyable now playing the waiting game. i hope your pains either go away till baby is supposed to be born or turn into delivering a baby (only if it were that easy ). xx all the best

#97 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I've been reading along, but haven't had a chance to post. The babies are coming fast now! Congratulations to all the ladies who have had their babies.

39+2 here and no sign of this baby coming just yet. I'm still getting everything organised though, so I'm happy to wait a bit longer. Every time I have an odd pain I think, Oh crap, is this it?? And I am very relieved when it isn't.

Z has still been sick on and of with a tummy bug, so I think Valentine should stay inside until the tummy bug is well and truly gone from this house.

#98 whatnamenow

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Isabella Faith was born 3:43pm after 1 hour 13 min of active labour. Labour was induced using gel at 9:30 but thats the only intervention needed.  

Was to speedy for dad to attend unfortunatly.  Only 3cm at 2:30pm so he went to get the kids from
School.  I am so in love..

#99 ABeautifulLife

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

A big congratulations to all those lovely ladies who have had their babies, it has certainly made this thread quite active biggrin.gif .
For ladies like myself who are still waiting, patience is a virtue (so I am told) and they can't stay in there forever !!!

I will continue stalking for news... cool.gif

#100 Suz01

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Congrats!!! Wow, that is quick!! Poor DH but I guess that's life!

I'm still waiting, but that's OK. Finally took DD to the local indoor pool this afternoon and she was frightened of the water, between this summer and last she's forgotten the joys of swimming! I've been too focused on work, pregnancy and life I guess. Bugger!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.