Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Gold... that's all biggrin.gif

#3 Suz01

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Silver - yes!

#4 broodyhen

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hi mamas,
I've been stalking for the last little while so thought I should actually say hi. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow with my second little boy, DS1 turns three in a few weeks.
I had bp issues last time which led to an induction then c/s, hoping very much for a vbac this time. Bp has just started creeping up. Lots of pressure and sharp pelvic pains today so hopefully bubs is getting ready a little early.
Emnut... I have been following your posts about little Henry, I can't imagine what you're going through and have you both in my thoughts.
Hope everyone is getting as much rest as possible. Here is a lovely little article about the last days of pregnancy.

http://www.mothering.com/community/a/the-l...e-of-in-between

#5 justonemore♥

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

Hi all!

It's been a while between posts.. time is getting the better of me! 38w+1d today, cannot believe it  ohmy.gif at the completely over it stage and hoping she comes sooner rather than later  original.gif

My placenta has moved completely out of the way so all systems go for a natural birth.. just freaking out about the actual labour as DS2 was posterior position and then turned but it was all very traumatic for me. Wondering if I should just ask for an epidural this time although I went drug free with the other 2 and they were both fairly quick (5 1/2hrs & 2 1/2hrs) so wishful thinking is that it's just going to get easier? lol

We bought our double pram last week and I'm keeping it in it's box until we need it.. I think I'm in denial hehe.. My bag is half packed.. will shove stuff in it when the time comes.. The bassinet is in our room awaiting bubs arrival and that's about it  biggrin.gif

I hope you're all doing as well as can be.. These last few weeks really drag on!

Emnut - My thoughts and prayers are with you and little Henry x

#6 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Was just popping in to see how things were going with emnut and Henry. Sorry to hear he isn't progressing. It must be so hard  sad.gif

Hopefully he gets better soon. Poor little bub.

#7 chic mummy

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Emnut - my thoughts are with you as well and im so sorry things arent progressing although i really do hope he gets better very soon  bbighug.gif

Stormgirl77 - im sorry you have all this extra stress of everything put on you now although i do hope everything goes to plan and very smoothly for you. Please keep in touch let us know how you go. hopefully being induced wont be too scary.

MalibuZoo - thats a big baby although they say scans can always differ by almost a kg out so bub may not be as big as they think although only time will tell.

suzy-c - yay not long to go now. yes i am tired and exhausted as well as very uncomfortable at the moment.

AbeautifulLife - i couldn't imagine moving into a new house at the moment with how exhausted i am so i wish you all the best for your move and you will deserve a much needed rest and good day of sleep after it although i know it can be exciting getting everything ready to move into a fresh and new renovated place. you're lucky there new addition to the family in a fresh environment  original.gif

T.J - sorry to hear about the change in care your getting with different midwifes and your OB at each of your appointments. It must be very frustrating.i would hate to have to re count my whole pregnancy for each midwife each time i hope it gets better from here and you start seeing the same person at least.

lozzylots - 18 days thats very exciting. its good to hear that you're all set and organised for the arrival of the baby.

ms julz - welcome to the forum - you will get lots of support here so dont be scared to post  original.gif

tanglez - i hope your anyday now goes quickly so you can have your baby in your arms.

justonemore - best of luck for your labour, you seem like you have everything sorted out, hopefully this 3rd goes as quick as your first 2.

i think i am now up to date with everyone..

AFM - it has been a busy busy week for me. so much running around. we now have everything all ready  for the baby to arrive so im currently 35 +5 and today  found out baby is engaged yay. my midwife said hes engaged and he wont be moving from the position he is in, but im not sure how far engaged he is as we didnt discuss that i was too happy and excited that i forgot to ask. finally something is happening it is all becoming so much more real now. but i am now struggling to drive, sit and sleep comfortably with the position he is in. but im excited. i have been getting constant braxton hicks and niggling pains. some stop me in my track which is scary as i think is this the start of it then 2 seconds later the pain disappears.  rolleyes.gif

quick question to those who know or how have had previous babies.... do when the head engage more or less give a time frame for labour or not really. im just wondering as hes engaged now which i had suspected since last saturday seeing as i was getting alot of pains im wondering if this means he will come early?

fingers crossed for all the everything goes well xx. so exciting more and more babies from this DIG will make their debut very soon.  biggrin.gif

#8 Ms_Jae

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hey ladies,
Just a quick one from me today.. as I have an obs appointment today..

Had an ultrasound yesterday.. bub is measuring a week over. So he is bigger than he should be..

Maybe know of a date today of when I might be induced.. I wonder if i can ask for a c section if I do get induced.. Question I may ask..

Will be back later .. hugs

#9 emnut

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Stormgirl - good luck at your appointment.  No harm in asking about a c-section if that is your preference.

T.J. - the lack of continuity of care would be doing my head in too especially as you get near the end

MissJulz - feeding isn't an issue with Henry - in his few months of life he has had a whole 20 ml of feeds (f that) and atm is not having any feeds due severe NEC/short bowel syndrome.  It is more the absolute drain of time of having him over an hour from home & also having DS1 to deal with.  The days I'm not there (like at the moment) the guilt etc means that it isn't a restful day, even if DH has gone in instead of me.

Henry did end up having another blood transfusion that has helped to stabilise him.  None of us can go in at the moment as we all have a flu bug yet again so feeling horrible for him that he is there all alone.  Talking to his nurse this morning they are going to be adjusting his vent settings again through the day to hopefully try again to get him off.

#10 tanglez

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

Broodyhen thank you for sharing that wonderful article! It was just what I needed to read right now with three days until my due date original.gif Brought lots of tears to my eyes and made me tuck up frther under the doona!

Best wishes to all!

#11 tanglez

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Good luck TJ! Hope all has gone smoothly for you!

#12 Suz01

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hi ladies, its all getting to the business end! How are you going with attaching emotionally to your babies? I've been so focused on work and things at home I'm kind of only just now thinking about how I'll feel meeting this baby. I'm not seeing a baby when I like look at my belly.

#13 Ms_Jae

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hey ladies,

Well was on a ctg machine yesterday... was ok.. have to go back tomorrow for another monitor..
I will have bub within 10 days they said..

Yeah looks like I will have a big bub, dont really want vaginal if he is.. Just the thought scares me.. lol..

bbl, need to go shopping and finish my bag, i swear i dont need half the things ive put in, but you never know..

hugs

#14 emnut

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

T.J. - hope something happens all on its own so there is no need for induction.  I have asked about him being possibly lactose intollerant but have been told that he literally only has 25cm of small intestine left that is not working properly & doesn't absorb any feeds etc & apparently all the symptoms he is showing is typical of short bowel syndrome.  So it really is just a matter or wait & see - it could be that we are looking at long term TPN, though this is something we don't want.

Stormgirl -did you end up asking about a c-section?  Both my boys were born by c-section & the thought of a VB was always something I was a bit scared of too so in way I was glad not to have to make the choice.

Will be another day of not seeing Henry today.  My face no longer feels like it is about to explode from my head so hopefully I'm on the home straight of getting better.  DH & DS are in the lounge room arguing over who has the worse cough - talk about a house full of man flu.  The good news is that Henry is coping with lower vent settings overnight & will be having them lowered further today & his NICU nurse told me he has had a really good 24 hours by his standards.  Gives me some hope that if we are patient (not a virtue that I have) he may get through this.

#15 tanglez

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

There must be a cold going around because I have been sick for 3 days now sad.gif The last thing you want right before your due date lol! Thankfully am able to just rest lots and keep the fluids up - fingers crossed I get my strength back before labour!

Belly rubs all round original.gif

#16 Ms_Jae

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

Tanglez - I have had the sniffles too..

I am off to the hospital this morning for another monitor on the CTG machine.. Getting lots of tightenings..

Hope you ladies have a great day. biggrin.gif

#17 emnut

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

hope your bloods have showed not too astray T.J.  & that the cold stays away

Tanglez - hope your cold disappears well before you also have birth to contend with.

DS is feeling much better today & actually wanting to play for the first time since last Sunday so thinking (hoping) that this will be a week long thing - though that will mean no seeing Henry until about Thursday.  Henry has had another good 24 hours - didn't cope with a further lowering of the vent settings just yet but  didn't have to go back to square 1 either.

#18 Ms_Jae

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hey TJ,
Monitoring went ok.. Was on the machine for 2 hours. Got to have it done again tomorrow before my obs app..

So are we all ready ?? Everything is in the car ready.. Car seat, bags..

#19 lozzylots

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hi ladies. Sounds like it's all starting to happen!! How exciting. Hope everyone is recovering from colds, and that things are either settling back down or progressing to some healthy, safely arrived babies original.gif

Had GP appt end of last week, BP also a little high but it's the first time that's happened. Going back tomorrow to get it checked out again. Bubs still going fine, HB good and measurements on track. I'm feeling very uncomfortable with really itchy, tight and sore skin on my belly, it's driving me nuts. But otherwise all really good here.

Stormgirl, I think we're ready!! Physically anyway - bags packed, nursery ready and waiting and car seat installed. Bubs told she's welcome any day now original.gif

Good luck this week - can't wait for the announcements to come rolling in!!

#20 christmasiscoming

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi everyone,

Well it's been a lifetime since I've been in to read on the DIG thread ... I've been using the FB page and have enjoyed keeping up with everyone's progress but I'm just not finding enough hours in the day to pop back here and check with everyone else - sorry  sad.gif

So I'll hit the 38wk mark on Wednesday which is very exciting but as for most of us, I'm getting a little impatient and just want this baby to be born already.  I'm sore, tired, achey, waddly, running out of clothes and just generally uncomfortable.  My DS1 and DS2 were both induced at 7days and 6days overdue so I'm not holding my breath for an early arrival for this little one ... I'm clinging to hope that the date from my LMP is the correct date and I'm actually a week further ahead than the early scan showed ... but not likely LOL.

I had a growth scan last week which showed our bub is sitting roughly on the 91st percentile  ohmy.gif  so we're expecting a BIG boy.  Each visit, the midwife/doc asks "did you have the GTT" to which I reply "yes" and they say "did it come back ok?" and they check again and confirm that the results were fine ... we're just one of the 'lucky' ones that grows big babies !  Current weight estimate last week was 8lb3oz already so given another few weeks to fatten up we could be looking at a very decent size baby.  Hoping my inner girly bits survive delivery of another big baby  blink.gif

Nursery is complete.
Baby bag is packed.
Hospital bag is 1/2 packed.
Labour bag - not yet started - maybe today?
Capsule being fitted on Sunday.
Still deciding on a name for our little guy ... maybe tonight?
And I think that just about covers it.

Hope everyone else is doing OK - thinking of you all and wishing you smooth and safe deliveries ... I'll try to keep up a little more over November to watch for baby news  wub.gif

#21 tanglez

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Today is my official due date and I am shedding a few tears of joy and gratitude for a wonderful, healthy pregnancy. It really is happening for us all original.gif Can't wait to hear the announcements come in and sending best wishes to everone in this final waiting game. May you be well cared for and loved xox

#22 chic mummy

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

StormGirl 77- haha yes the thought of a big baby naturally scares me as well. although yay you have a time frame of when you will have you baby. things are beginning to get exciting.

Emnut - I really hope you get better soon so you can go back in to see Henry. You're so strong and so is he.  bbighug.gif its great to hear hes been having good days.

Tanglez - i have had the sniffles as well so not terribly sick but i caught something  mad.gif although you must be very excited. Happy due date day.  biggrin.gif i can't wait to hear all the announcements and exciting news that everyone has to share as well.

T.J - Hopefully all goes well at your next visit. It must be a pain having to constantly go back for check ups but its all for baby so we all know its worth it. fingers crossed for a natural start to your labour.

Suz01 - I'm beginning to be a bit of an emotional wreck because i want baby here although ill miss his little kicks and movements in my belly so I'm torn about how ill feel once i cant feel him dancing inside of me any more  sad.gif

lozzylots - great to hear you're going good. and hopefully it wont be much longer that you will have to deal with the uncomfortable itchy and tight skin on your belly. Baby will be here soon.

christmas is coming - there's a facebook page?? im missing out then haha. I hope this one does come different to your two previous bubs and not overdue im 36 wks and 2 days and beginning to get a little impatient as well because i am really beginning to struggle with getting comfortable in bed to sleep. Hopefully you have a very nice delivery of your big boy for your girlie bits as well.

i think i am now up to date. Its beginning to get so exciting because November is almost here  eexcite.gif

i have been getting tightenings and some painful braxton hicks that make my hips have sharp pains which run down my legs and i have for a week now been getting on and off period type pain feelings around my belly so it makes me wonder if this is the beginning of the "labour" i haven't had a baby before so i don't know what to really look out for but i have been told these are some of the early signs that labour may not be far away. so fingers crossed. Baby is still engaged if my gorgeous and very lady like waddle with legs apart is anything to go by  tongue.gif im getting very excited to meet this little monster and i cannot wait, but at the same time i dont feel 100% ready just because i would like the house to be 100% perfect and cleaned and dusted even though it is i just feel like it isn't but i worry to much.

We have the baby seat in the car all good to go. babies bag for the hospital is ready my bag is 95% ready my husbands snack bah  glare.gif is good to go...the babys room is all set and we're all stocked up on nappies and all those little bits and pieces we need to clean his bottom and bathe him. We have his name and feel ready to meet him so now we play the waiting game.

come on baby come on.....

#23 christmasiscoming

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

*misslizzie* And anyone else who is interested ... the FB page can be accessed through one of our members, Hayley Peate.  If you locate her and message her, she can add you to the group original.gif  There's currently 28 members.
Her profile pic is her partner (blue shirt, sunnies) and herself (black dress and baby bump).

#24 tanglez

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Christmas thanks heaps for giving us those details! Ages and ages ago I tried to message Springchickadee to be added to the facebook group but could never get the mssage to go through on here! Possibly a bit late to be joining now but then again would be fantastic to see how everyone is! Argh, wish I had been able to get on sooner lol!

#25 lozzylots

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif
Had check up at GP today. He couldn't feel bubs' head in my pelvis so sent me for a scan. She's turned back sometime in the last week and is breech with her legs folded up. I'm being booked in for c-section, there's not enough fluid for ECV and they're pretty much certain she won't turn back around in such little fluid. I find out tomorrow when I'll be booked in, all I know is that they want to do it as close to 38+5 as possible (38+2 today).

Oh well. Bubs is happy and perfectly fine, that's the main thing. Just have to get my head back around having a caesarian. Keep you posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.