Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Jane002014

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

GOLD - ok taking this as a good omen for tomorrow's epu

#3 Krunchie29

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

SLIVER! my first silver!!

STILL waiting for blood test to find out results of first FET.

fingers crossed!

#4 Magenta_

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

BRONZE FOR ME biggrin.gif

Good Luck Jane & Krunchie!!!!
Let us know how you go!!!!
Magenta xx

#5 Krunchie29

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

magenta, didnt u say you were going to test at home on Monday.............

come on im on the edge of my seat here!!

just foudn out my friend gave birth yesterday to a baby boy! he was their first IVF transfer (tubal issues) so that gives me hope for Wednesday!

#6 Gordo's Girl

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Hi ladies

Milano, sorry AF has arrived.  I hope you enjoyed that glass of wine (or two?).  What is your plan next?

Jane - wishing you lots of luck with your EPU today.  I hope the flare is the right cycle for you.  I"m still waiting for AF to start so that I can start my next cycle.  I've had cycles all over the place in the last 4 months (32, 25, 22 days).  I'm up to 28 days today and think it's on it's way ... almost normal!

Krunchie - hope you have lots of things to take your mind off POAS.

Have a good Monday everyone.

x

#7 Milano

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for the support ladies. I'm not sure what our next step will be. We do have one frostie but we've only ever had one before and that didn't survive the thaw so I'm conscious of that happening again.

Will speak to FS and see what he recommends. Might have a month off and then try again November. I'm getting to the point where it seems like it's never going to work so I'm feeling pretty down about it all.

Best wishes to you all, I'll be reading for your news.

Milano xx

#8 Krunchie29

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

ok, here is a very much TMI question but i hope you dont mind me asking!!!

this morning when I was in the shower i was cleaning out the excess crinone gel with my finger (gross enough!) and noticed 9as i have over a few days now) that my mucus is increasing. ok, all fine there but i also noticed that my vaginal canal seemed to be more open than usual, wider, not as tight! I knwo that sounds weird and prob TMI but just wondered if anyone else experienced anything like this?!

thanks! didnt know who else to ask! DH is away otherwise i would ask him and i would be mortified saying this out loud to a nurse!!

gotta love the internet for this type of thing!!

#9 Jane002014

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Krunchie - not sure if this helps but with each of my pg my mucos did increase, so could be a positive sign?!  When is your blood test again?

Magenta - did you test?

Milano - you have been through so much, I can understand you wanting to take a month off before trying again, I think you are a very brave and strong person  bbighug.gif   I hope your frosties thaws ok and is the one for you.

Gordo's Girl - hope af is just around the corner for you so you can start cycling again.

Hi to anyone I have missed.

Well epu went well in that we got 3 egss (only had 3 follies so wasn't expecting any more than that).  Went home full of hope then got the call at 3.30.....they were all immature  cry1.gif   I'm so shattered and heartbroken at the moment.  You think you prepare for the worst but it still hurts so much.  I don't think I can go through anymore so this is it for dh and me  sad.gif  I want to wish you all the very, very best of luck on your journeys and I hope with all my might that you all get that beautiful bfp very soon  hheart.gif

#10 Magenta_

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi Krunchie, I also did the lovely Crinone cleanout (blurgh!) on the last 2 cycles but didn't notice any changes but then again I did it as quickly as possible and wasn't taking much notice!!!  Only one more sleep until your BT!  Can't wait to hear how you go!

Totally understand needing to think about and discuss what to do next Milano. We were in the same boat on the first cycle (1 transferred which ended in a chem and 1 frozen) and ended up deciding to do another stim cycle to try to get a few more backups.  I'm sure you'll come up with a plan that's right for you and DH.  Take care, thinking of you. hhugs.gif

Jane, I'm so sorry that's so disappointing for you.  I wish there was something I could say to make it better but there just isn't.  Take care and make sure you treat yourself.  We changed to Elonva protocol (long acting antagonist) this cycle and had better response rates.  Perhaps it's worth asking your FS if they can change your protocol to something different or worth seeing another FS?

AFM, POAS yesterday and today and nothing to report.  Still only 6DP5DT so who knows?!?!  DH and I did our tax return yesterday and got a refund which was a relief! (didn't really need any extra bills on top of the IVF ones).

Good luck everyone!
Magenta xx

Edited by Magenta_, 16 October 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#11 Milano

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Jane, just wanted to say I'm so sorry.  sad.gif  I know how you must be feeling and it sux. Big hugs to you and I hope you have something nice planned for yourself, massage, hair cut, shopping, dinner out with DH.

Krunchie, good luck for tomorrow! I'll be stalking.

#12 Krunchie29

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

blood taken now just waiting to that phone call!

further to my TMI question before, I think now that its not that its wider, more that its smoother if that makes sense??

Jane - so sorryxxx. Hope you took Milano up on her advice and got a massage!

#13 Gordo's Girl

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Oh Jane, sending you big hugs.  Really sorry you didn't get anything to transfer.  It sucks doesn't it?  What size were the follies on your last scan?   Take some time out and see how you feel in a couple of weeks.  It's such a rollercoaster - physically, emotionally and financially, and we all have to be prepared to know when to stop.  I find it a bit of an addiction though, and I know this is my last go coming up, but I'm pretty sure I'll be saying "just one more, just one more" but DP will put his foot down.   Thinking of you xx

Krunchie ... can't wait to hear how you get on.  I have everything crossed you get some happy news.

Magenta - hope you're hanging in there ok.  You've just reminded me we haven't done our tax returns yet.

Day 1 for me today - finally (after a 25, then 22 day cycle, I've now had a 30 day one).  I was kind of hoping that some miracle had happened, but no such luck!

Hi to everyone else.

GG

#14 Milano

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

Magenta, how are you going? Good luck with your blood test tomorrow. I've got everything crossed x

We have decided to use our one and only frostie next month so I'll be back in November.

Milano xx

#15 Magenta_

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi fellow LORer'ers!

Well, the good news is that the blood test today came back positive.  HCG is 100 (9 days past 5 day transfer).  Second blood test on Monday to see if it's rising.  As I mentioned in Oct2WW DH and I are very happy but trying to remain calm.  As we all know there's such a long way to go.  So far, Lucky is living up to his name so we're just going to try to go with the flow!

Good on you for getting back into it Milano.  I'm sure you and DH have made the decision that's right for you.  I am so hoping it will be your lucky month!

Any news Krunchie?

Hi to everyone else and thanks so much for all the support and advice!  Will let you know how Monday goes.  

Magenta xx

#16 Milano

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Wow Magenta, congratulations!! So exciting. Best of luck for Monday, I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Xx

#17 Magenta_

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Thanks Milano, I really appreciate it.  It's been 5 years of trying so we're hoping this is the one!

Magenta xx

#18 Gordo's Girl

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Looking good Magenta ... well done!  Fingers crossed that number is going up nicely for you on Monday.  Keep us posted.

x GG

#19 causeway

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hello Everyone,

Milano - so sorry your cycle didn't result in a BFP. Good to see you have a plan. I found that I coped best when I knew when we would next be cycling. Fingers crossed that a frozen cycle works for you!

Jane23 - I hope that once some time has passed you might reconsider another round of IVF. IVF just blows doesn't it. Such a rollercoaster with no guarantees. Lots of things dor you and DH to consider. If you do decide to keep going I hope you'll come back to this lovely group again. Big hugs.

GG - have you started FSH injections yet? When do you think you'll have your EPU?

Magenta - WOW! So exciting. Let us know how your HCG Levels are rising on Monday!

Krunchie29 - c'mon come and let us know your result! I know you've posted elsewhere but haven't posted here to tell us!

AFM - Well, we got the go ahead from FS to use the Pill to time EPU so that's exciting. EPU about 6/7 December. I've started the Pill 3 days ago and will stop about 25 November. It's game on! Exciting but daunting too! I've started work. It's going OK. Last week I worked 5 days for the first time in over a year. It nearly killed me! I have told them I am available until the end of November so they have a finish date. There maybe another project starting next year which would be fantastic. I'm also on a health
kick for the next 6 weeks so hopefully will lose 5 kgs which will help with conception.

Not sure if you guys have followed fefe76 journey. The link is here. http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...=1028016&hl

Look after yourselves and I'll be checking for news next week!

Edited by causeway, 20 October 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#20 Krunchie29

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Thought I had!! Blood was positive but only 42 which sounds very low and hpts aren't getting darker sad.gif

Was also getting cramps and weird pains and a teeny tiny bit of blood type stuff.

But got second blood test tomorrow so trying not to stress till I get results.

All normal symptoms I know but it's scary when you've lost one already as ectopic

#21 Magenta_

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Wishing you all the luck in the world Krunchie!Magenta xx

#22 Krunchie29

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Second blood test not good. Levels went from 42 to 5 so assume chemical pregnancy. Just waiting for period to start

#23 Magenta_

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Oh no Krunchie!!!

I'm so sorry  sad.gif   I had that happen first cycle and it sucks so much to get your hopes up just to have them dashed.  mad.gif   Are you ok?

I hope to see you in here again soon with good news in the near future.  Big hugs.  hhugs.gif

Take care,
Magenta xx

#24 Milano

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Krunchie, I'm so sorry. Hope you are ok. Thinking of you.

Magneta, Good luck for today's BT, I hope your levels have risen nicely!

Causeway, That's great newsre: the timing, it has worked out well so hoping this is your time.

Milano xx

#25 Jane002014

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:39 AM

Magenta - congrats sweet; I hope your blood test today shows the levels rising nicely for you  original.gif

Krunchie - I'm so sorry you are going through this, it's so heartbreaking and disappointing  sad.gif

Thank you for all your support and kind words.  I'm feeling better each day and have come to accept that IVF isn't going to be the answer we were hoping for.  We are just going to start living life again forget about actively ttc and if we have a "natural" miracle along the way (though I doubt it, I will be turning 41 tomorrow) then so be it. wink.gif   Dh and I are very blessed by what we have and I'm looking forward to just enjoying life again.  Goodluck to you all, I hope you all have your dreams come true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

New mum Megan goes topless

Megan Gale has posed topless for magazine's 'sexiest people' issue, five months after welcoming her son.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.