Ready Set Go Girls #225

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Dadora

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

That sounds terrible Mish. Hopefully it's a sign of something good?original.gif when is your BT?  Our embies were actually frozen on day 1. Weird.... We call tomorrow to see if any of the other 6 made it over the weekend.
Hi everyone else!

#3 Dadora

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Well Bwok, like you we had 2 more eggs  and have now survived to day 3. If they make it to blasts then they'll be frozen, too. Hang in there little guys! hands.gif
It's gone very quiet in here... Hope you are all ok  original.gif

#4 AmberSpark

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Dadora - I pulled a sickie at work today, just feeling generally crap, sinus and the rest. I am just tired. My blood test is Friday but I should be due on Wednesday. I am trying not to freak myself out too much with symptoms. Congrats on the numbers, I pray they make it for you.

#5 Dadora

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well Mish. glad you pulled a sickie wink.gif Rest up. You are one day closer! bbighug.gif

#6 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

Dadora - how are you eggs going?

MishJ - How are you feeling?

AFM - feels like I'm walking on egg shells emotionally. sad.gif All the symtpoms I felt last week have all but disappeared, so I don't think it has worked. My BT is Saturday - so I'll know for sure. I'm glad I have 2 weeks off work next week and won't get the call at work.

#7 AmberSpark

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hi Bwok - still hanging in there, have had some symptoms like AF is coming but then the pains go away, haven't had any spotting yet, AF is due tomorrow which is Day 14 after O, 12dpt. I have had some nausea and also very emotional and tired. So who knows, it could all be AF.

Dadora - how is it going?

AFM: Thought that I would elaborate on what happened with the clairvoyant last night, we walked in and she pulled out all the cards and said, you have a strong relationship but something is missing and it is hurting you both, at this stage I didn’t say a word and she didn’t ask any questions, she turned the next card over and said its children, she then wrote on a piece of paper and had the number 1 in a box and then the number 2 in a circle. She said the one was my husband’s son and that we didn’t get to see him very often and then she flipped over cards and said to me, its medical intervention isn’t it, I then explained to her that we were doing IVF and she said that she could see it. She said that she could see 2 babies possibility twins, I explained to her that I was supposed to have a double embryo transfer this one but chickened out at the last minute and only one was transferred.  She said that this cycle has been very different to the other one and that I was thinking different this time around and ignoring everything like it didn’t exist, which is what I have been doing. She said that she can see babies for us and to not give up, they are coming really soon, either between September to September. But I know not to lead my life by then. Its a little fun.

#8 Lottie*

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hi Girls

Mish*J hope you are feeling better.  Hope the clairvoyant is right and October is well between the Septembers and you get good news SOON!  I used to love going to the clairvoyant, it was a type of therapy - when times were rough or stressful it was what it took to remind me that there would be a future and there would be great moments! I live in Asia at the moment, and all the fortune tellers are into telling you about "money, money, money:" in the future.    Hope AF stays well away for you. The nausea is a good sign.

I am taking my oestrogen tablets like a good girl - 4 a day- dont feel anything except an overthinking EVERYTHING- will see the doctor on Friday to see what is happening and hopefully have my transfer next week. Work is asking me to travel and i am thinking of every excuse not to - i could not bear missing another month

Hope everyone else is ok and good news is plastered all over this group next time i visit.

#9 AmberSpark

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Lol Lottie, I have to laugh at the Money, Money, Money......

AFM: Oh my God, this is killing me, BT is Friday and I am scared sh*tless to say the least. I hate going to the toilet. I have mild cramping but nothing too bad and my boobs are killing me but I don't want to read into anything.....arrrggghhhhhh

#10 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Mish - all of my family and friends know about my journey and I'm taking them step by step through it so they can at least 'try' to understand what it's like - and that it's not a walk in the park like they think.

The best way I could describe it to them was ...

It's like walking on a tight rope! You don't want to look up incase you lose your balance, but you don't don't want to look down either because you can see how big the fall is and it makes you dizzy. So you look straight ahead... but then the rope starts to wobble... *sigh* ddown.gif

Oh and if another person says to me 'stay positive' - I may just bop them on the nose! biggrin.gif

Edited by Bwok~Bwok, 17 October 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#11 AmberSpark

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Bwok - that is a great way to look at it. I think what was hard for us too, was that we had other family members fall PG the first IVF try and everyone just expected for us to do the same and when we didn't they werer like, so what's wrong. Anyway, they understand now.

#12 Dadora

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hi ladies!
It seems that everyone is in the 2ww! I wish you all the very best and hope your BTs come quickly  original.gif
Mish that clairvoyant seemed to be very good! It's freaky that they can know stuff about you without even talking to you! Sounds like very good news  original.gif
AFM I'm feeling really crummy today. Even mild OHSS is a real bummer. I'm still having ovarian pain that is worse when I sit and major bloating  wacko.gif Plus I'm feeling rather emotional. I nearly lost it at my last client today who was saying the most horrible condescending comments to me. Grrrr rant.gif luckily I held it in!  wink.gif Good news though that both of our embies made to day 5 and one was suitable for freezing. Yay! So now we have 4 frosties at different stages and will just wait until AF to appear to start a FET. What a process!!

#13 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Dadora - hope you start to feel better soon. I started to come good about 5 days after. Rest up...

AFM - started bleeding today, took me by complete suprise and have had a few tears. Spoke to the clinic and they said to keep on using the pessaries and to call them if the bleeding gets heavier or brighter. If it's not one thing, it's another!

#14 Dadora

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thanks Bwok original.gif
Has the bleeding settled or changed at all? ...not to be too personal...  Hang in there, Hun, it is such a roller coaster isn't it  blink.gif My fingers are crossed for you.

#15 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

It's started to ease off, but I have cramping, and started feeling dizzy and sick.

#16 AmberSpark

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Me too Bwok - sorry to hear that.

Hi Everyone - unfortuntely I have started spotting, so I am out, BT will be just a formality. Thanks for your support.

#17 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Mish - sad.gif

AFM: the bleeding started again this morning, sorry TMI - it's brown blood. I'm thinking I'm out this month - not too sure what happened as I've never had a problem with my LP (with or without drugs)

#18 AmberSpark

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Mine is brown blood too but I am Day 15 with BT tomorrow, so I guess my AF is coming.

#19 Lottie*

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Girls, not to blow sunshine where it is not required but my first IVF was a success and I had brown spotting just before my test and thought it was all over. my almost 2 year old little lady is proof otherwise.  Not sure if you are on progesterone. I was on Crinone suppositories and they thought it may have irritated my cervix and caused the bleeding... so there may be other answers.

Also if symptoms come and go, then that is your body doing the right thing. Your body tries to overcome when all those hormones make it out of balance ... so, all in all, I hope and woudl love to be shown that i am right for you both Mish and Bwok.

That said, each of my FETs started with spotting, and i just knew it was over. So if you are in that position. I am so sorry. I know the heartache.   Have you got plan B at the ready? I find that always helps. As does putting a bottle of wine in the fridge!

I am still taking the progynova/oestrogen tablets.  Nothing really happening at all.  Before i could feel it working, with certain symtoms, but nothing.  I am having an US tomorrow for a lining check but its going to be early, just didnt want to ovulate  over the weekend and miss another cycle.   So will hopefully know by monday when i am having my transfer.  Relief.  So want to be in the 2WW, even though it makes me crazy!

Thinking of everyone and really hoping there is some great news when i pop by next.

#20 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Bleeding is getting heavier and a dark red now - BT is tomorrow (was orginally saturday) but it will only be to confirm what I already know.

#21 Dadora

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Bwok and Mish. I've heard so many ladies have bleeding and still get their BFP, just like Lottie. I hope that's the case with both of you!! If not, please look after yourselves and have a glass of wine or something else that makes you feel good. I'm thinking of you both  bbighug.gif

#22 kiwi-girl

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hi everyone...
I am in the middle of my first IVF/ICSI cycle. I had EPU on Tuesday. 16 eggs were collected, 15 were mature, and 14 fertilised. We are due for ET on Sunday.

My question to you all is...how sore were you after EPU? I have had some tenderness in my midsection which I assume is my ovaries. It got better yesterday (day after EPU) but I am still quite tender today, and I think I was at my most sore this afternoon. How do you know when it is just expected soreness or something more serious like OHSS?

Am probably going to ph my nurse in the morning if I am still sore but looking for some reassuring words from those who have been through all of this!

Edited by kiwi-girl, 18 October 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#23 Lottie*

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Kiwi-girl. Great results on all those embies.

I was a bit tender after EPU and had similar numbers of eggs removed. I had cramping and knew exactly where my Ovs where positioned.  I would call. They do always say to guzzle water to avoid OHSS.

Hope you are ok.

Bwok.  Am sorry. Hope it's not what you think.

#24 AmberSpark

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Bwok - I am sorry and know exactly how you feel.

Well AF came in full force this mroning, so the BT was just a formality. I can't stop crying and hate what this journey has done to me. I am half the person I used to be and don't know if I can go on with it.

Good luck to all you beautiful ladies and I wish you the very best of everything for this cycle.

#25 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Oh Mish I'm so sorry honey! xox

Kiwigirl - I had alot of pain after EPU, it was in the bottom section of my stomach. With the bloating I got afterwards (I have PCOS) it was above the belly button and below the ribs. I could barely button my workshirt up. It was about 5 days before I started to feel better. I was told to drink lots and lots of water, have high protein every 2 to 3 hours. I was really uncomfortable and sore.

AFM - I'm about to head off and have my BT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tell us what you think

to WIN 1 of 2 $500 Coles/Myer gift cards

Dealing with a toddler's morning tantrums

Your schedule is not important to your two-year-old, and you cannot convince her otherwise. So what can you do?

Child in suitcase 'could have died eight years ago'

A child whose remains were dumped in a suitcase in the South Australian bush is believed to have been a girl aged between two-and-a-half to four.

MP breastfeeds baby during parliamentary session

An Argentinian mum and politician has caused a stir on social media after being filmed breastfeeding her baby.

My baby's first seizure

It was 1am on a cold winter's night when I woke suddenly to the screams of my 12-month-old son. Our lives were about to change forever.

Portable pools 'more dangerous than permanent ones'

Inflatable and portable children's pools may be required to be sold with compulsory fencing to prevent backyard drownings, with some experts even floating the idea of a ban.

Heartbreaking moment mum kisses her one-week-old goodbye

At 11.07am on April 2 this year, Sarah Marriott welcomed baby Sebastian into the world.

The amazing Tee Pee bed and kid-friendly Frankie Bunk bed

These kids' beds definitely fit the brief of providing personality and personal space for little people who are moving up in the world.

The funny things kids say when you're pregnant

Since becoming noticeably pregnant, my son has taken more of an interest in the sibling he'll soon have.

The real problem with having one child

In this age of political correctness, it seems the one subject still subject to discrimination is that of the Only Child.

Six-week-old baby found dead, believed stabbed

A neighbour heard a child screaming before a baby was found dead, believed to have been stabbed, in a house in Newcastle.

The fire hazard in more than 70,000 Australian homes

So far, 206 Samsung washing machines have caught fire and some have exploded. But many remain in people's homes.

How having a baby can bring on OCD

We all know that having a baby can turn your life upside down - and it can also bring a raft of new anxieties and worries.

IVF gender selection being considered for Australian parents

Couples using IVF may be able to choose the gender of their babies and women could be financially compensated for donating their eggs.

The best age to get married (according to the latest study)

Not too young, and not too old. That's reportedly the best age to get married. Not everyone agrees.

Yes, you can get pregnant before your period returns post-baby

After giving birth, the last thing you want to think about is contraception. But you can get pregnant before your period comes back.

Fellow diner rewards mum after toddler's tantrum

Parents of toddlers everywhere know the feeling. After working up the courage to take your child out for lunch or dinner in public you are rewarded with a mid-meal meltdown. 

IKEA begins massive safety campaign after two toddler deaths

Two children were killed when pieces from their Malm furniture line tipped over.

Beaneasy: sweet nursery furniture with a twist

If you're looking to introduce an organic element into your baby's nursery but want to step away from natural timber, we have the perfect alternative.

A dad's guide to hyperemesis

I am in no way qualified to advise women on how to cope with hyperemesis, but I've learnt some lessons that might be worth sharing with other partners.

Woman adopts best friend's four daughters after cancer tragedy

Best friends share everything - and for these two life-long friends, that includes family.

Baby Leo's mum excluded from $500K trust 'for her own protection'

Samuel Forrest didn't want his wife as a trustee of their baby Leo's half million dollar trust for her own "protection", it has emerged.

Confirmed: men gain weight when they become dads

Men who become fathers experience weight gain and an increase in body mass index, a measurement of body fat based on height and weight, according to a new, large-scale study

Carer investigated over washing machine photo posted 'for a laugh'

She said the photo of a boy with Down syndrome in a washing machine was taken just for fun, but no one else was laughing.

Mum's premature labour nightmare after high tea salmonella outbreak

An opulent high tea at a luxury Melbourne hotel has left 44 people with salmonella poisoning - including a pregnant woman, who went into early labour.

The day my son started a fire

Would you know what to do in a fire emergency? How safe is your home and family?

Prince George celebrates second birthday

Prince George's second birthday has been marked by the release of an official picture showing the toddler smiling as he is held by his proud beaming father.

Which beauty treatments are safe in pregnancy?

Is it safe to use fake tan, hair dye and nail varnish during pregnancy?

The five ways I know my 'baby' is no longer a baby

The truth is, I can no longer deny that my walking, babbling, somewhat-independent little miss is no longer a bona fide 'baby'.

Review: Cybex Platinum PRIAM pram

I'm not usually one who believes in love at first sight but that's exactly what happened when I first saw the Cybex PRIAM.

Get your FREE Baby & Toddler Show ticket!

Get your free ticket to the Sydney Essential Baby & Toddler Show for September 25-27 - register online now.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Tell us what you think

to WIN 1 of 2 $500 Coles/Myer gift cards

Why I'm choosing to be a single mother right from the start

I believe that you get out of families what you put into them, and I will give mine my all.

Mother and baby units are a necessity for mental health, not a luxury

I have had two postnatal psychotic episodes. The first when my eldest child was six weeks old, and another after my second child was born.

30 French baby names

French names are always in fashion, but a few have risen in popularity in recent years.

New mum's Spanish maternity nightmare

A British woman who gave birth in Spain has told of her ordeal after spending weeks trying to convince medics the baby girl was hers.

Preparing Rover to be a good dog with baby

Some friends of ours say that it's dangerous to have a dog around a newborn and that we should start looking for a new home for him. Is it?

Company offers to ship working mums' breast milk home

First Apple and Facebook announced they would pay $20,000 towards the cost of their female employees freezing their eggs, now IBM in the US has come up with an innovative new policy aimed at retaining female employees.

Prince William speaks of his pride at wife Kate and 'little joy of heaven' Charlotte

The Duke of Cambridge opened up about family life and his plans for the future in an interview to mark his first day as an air ambulance pilot.

'Glowing' eye saves baby Mason's life

A simple photo taken in front of an evening fire gave new mother Sarah Bowers the power to save her baby's life. 

Parenting and decision overload

Of all the advice people told me before having a baby, no one warned me about the amount of decisions involved.

Proof that toddlers can't be left unsupervised - ever

Parents of toddlers all know the moment when realise your child is being suspiciously quiet. It can only mean one thing - trouble!

Meet Jeremy Ryan, The Voice contestant with seven kids

If you have trouble recalling the ages of Jeremy Ryan's seven children on The Voice, you're not alone. So does he.

Baby's adorable reaction to wearing glasses for the first time

Getting glasses can be a formative moment in a person's life.

Police officer buys supplies for family after mum of six caught shoplifting

When a mum of six was caught shoplifting nappies, clothes and shoes for her kids, the last thing she expected was for a stranger to pay for her haul.

Why pregnant women on antidepressants shouldn’t panic about birth defect claims

The risk of having uncontrolled depression is far greater than the small increased risk of birth defects that may be associated with specific antidepressants.

Arrests made over children's birthday party brawl

Police have raided properties and arrested a number of people over a brawl at a child's birthday party at a play centre in Sydney's west.

Family shares awesome drone baby announcement

Looking for a creative way to share some big news? Look to the skies, like this family did.

Young warrior Owen defies doctors' predictions

Little Owen DiCandilo's name means "young warrior", and it's a description that perfectly fits the inspiring 18-month-old

Advice for dads: when to approach your wife for sex

The exhaustion that comes with caring for young children often means romance between parents becomes a thing of the past.

I might be fat, but I don't need saving

I've been fat for pretty much most of life, besides a few crazy moments of being less-fat, but for the most part I've existed on this earth with a little more meat on my bones than desirable.

The rookie mistakes we make as parents

Since the dawn of civilisation, generation after generation of new parents have had to rely on instinct, trial and error - and sometimes get it wrong.

FREE TICKET

See Pinky McKay live in Sydney

Get your free ticket to The Essential Baby & Toddler Show and save $20 - register online now!

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.