Ready Set Go Girls #225

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Dadora

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

That sounds terrible Mish. Hopefully it's a sign of something good?original.gif when is your BT?  Our embies were actually frozen on day 1. Weird.... We call tomorrow to see if any of the other 6 made it over the weekend.
Hi everyone else!

#3 Dadora

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Well Bwok, like you we had 2 more eggs  and have now survived to day 3. If they make it to blasts then they'll be frozen, too. Hang in there little guys! hands.gif
It's gone very quiet in here... Hope you are all ok  original.gif

#4 AmberSpark

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thanks Dadora - I pulled a sickie at work today, just feeling generally crap, sinus and the rest. I am just tired. My blood test is Friday but I should be due on Wednesday. I am trying not to freak myself out too much with symptoms. Congrats on the numbers, I pray they make it for you.

#5 Dadora

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well Mish. glad you pulled a sickie wink.gif Rest up. You are one day closer! bbighug.gif

#6 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

Dadora - how are you eggs going?

MishJ - How are you feeling?

AFM - feels like I'm walking on egg shells emotionally. sad.gif All the symtpoms I felt last week have all but disappeared, so I don't think it has worked. My BT is Saturday - so I'll know for sure. I'm glad I have 2 weeks off work next week and won't get the call at work.

#7 AmberSpark

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hi Bwok - still hanging in there, have had some symptoms like AF is coming but then the pains go away, haven't had any spotting yet, AF is due tomorrow which is Day 14 after O, 12dpt. I have had some nausea and also very emotional and tired. So who knows, it could all be AF.

Dadora - how is it going?

AFM: Thought that I would elaborate on what happened with the clairvoyant last night, we walked in and she pulled out all the cards and said, you have a strong relationship but something is missing and it is hurting you both, at this stage I didn’t say a word and she didn’t ask any questions, she turned the next card over and said its children, she then wrote on a piece of paper and had the number 1 in a box and then the number 2 in a circle. She said the one was my husband’s son and that we didn’t get to see him very often and then she flipped over cards and said to me, its medical intervention isn’t it, I then explained to her that we were doing IVF and she said that she could see it. She said that she could see 2 babies possibility twins, I explained to her that I was supposed to have a double embryo transfer this one but chickened out at the last minute and only one was transferred.  She said that this cycle has been very different to the other one and that I was thinking different this time around and ignoring everything like it didn’t exist, which is what I have been doing. She said that she can see babies for us and to not give up, they are coming really soon, either between September to September. But I know not to lead my life by then. Its a little fun.

#8 Lottie*

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hi Girls

Mish*J hope you are feeling better.  Hope the clairvoyant is right and October is well between the Septembers and you get good news SOON!  I used to love going to the clairvoyant, it was a type of therapy - when times were rough or stressful it was what it took to remind me that there would be a future and there would be great moments! I live in Asia at the moment, and all the fortune tellers are into telling you about "money, money, money:" in the future.    Hope AF stays well away for you. The nausea is a good sign.

I am taking my oestrogen tablets like a good girl - 4 a day- dont feel anything except an overthinking EVERYTHING- will see the doctor on Friday to see what is happening and hopefully have my transfer next week. Work is asking me to travel and i am thinking of every excuse not to - i could not bear missing another month

Hope everyone else is ok and good news is plastered all over this group next time i visit.

#9 AmberSpark

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Lol Lottie, I have to laugh at the Money, Money, Money......

AFM: Oh my God, this is killing me, BT is Friday and I am scared sh*tless to say the least. I hate going to the toilet. I have mild cramping but nothing too bad and my boobs are killing me but I don't want to read into anything.....arrrggghhhhhh

#10 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Mish - all of my family and friends know about my journey and I'm taking them step by step through it so they can at least 'try' to understand what it's like - and that it's not a walk in the park like they think.

The best way I could describe it to them was ...

It's like walking on a tight rope! You don't want to look up incase you lose your balance, but you don't don't want to look down either because you can see how big the fall is and it makes you dizzy. So you look straight ahead... but then the rope starts to wobble... *sigh* ddown.gif

Oh and if another person says to me 'stay positive' - I may just bop them on the nose! biggrin.gif

Edited by Bwok~Bwok, 17 October 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#11 AmberSpark

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Bwok - that is a great way to look at it. I think what was hard for us too, was that we had other family members fall PG the first IVF try and everyone just expected for us to do the same and when we didn't they werer like, so what's wrong. Anyway, they understand now.

#12 Dadora

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hi ladies!
It seems that everyone is in the 2ww! I wish you all the very best and hope your BTs come quickly  original.gif
Mish that clairvoyant seemed to be very good! It's freaky that they can know stuff about you without even talking to you! Sounds like very good news  original.gif
AFM I'm feeling really crummy today. Even mild OHSS is a real bummer. I'm still having ovarian pain that is worse when I sit and major bloating  wacko.gif Plus I'm feeling rather emotional. I nearly lost it at my last client today who was saying the most horrible condescending comments to me. Grrrr rant.gif luckily I held it in!  wink.gif Good news though that both of our embies made to day 5 and one was suitable for freezing. Yay! So now we have 4 frosties at different stages and will just wait until AF to appear to start a FET. What a process!!

#13 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Dadora - hope you start to feel better soon. I started to come good about 5 days after. Rest up...

AFM - started bleeding today, took me by complete suprise and have had a few tears. Spoke to the clinic and they said to keep on using the pessaries and to call them if the bleeding gets heavier or brighter. If it's not one thing, it's another!

#14 Dadora

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Thanks Bwok original.gif
Has the bleeding settled or changed at all? ...not to be too personal...  Hang in there, Hun, it is such a roller coaster isn't it  blink.gif My fingers are crossed for you.

#15 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

It's started to ease off, but I have cramping, and started feeling dizzy and sick.

#16 AmberSpark

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

Me too Bwok - sorry to hear that.

Hi Everyone - unfortuntely I have started spotting, so I am out, BT will be just a formality. Thanks for your support.

#17 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Mish - sad.gif

AFM: the bleeding started again this morning, sorry TMI - it's brown blood. I'm thinking I'm out this month - not too sure what happened as I've never had a problem with my LP (with or without drugs)

#18 AmberSpark

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Mine is brown blood too but I am Day 15 with BT tomorrow, so I guess my AF is coming.

#19 Lottie*

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Girls, not to blow sunshine where it is not required but my first IVF was a success and I had brown spotting just before my test and thought it was all over. my almost 2 year old little lady is proof otherwise.  Not sure if you are on progesterone. I was on Crinone suppositories and they thought it may have irritated my cervix and caused the bleeding... so there may be other answers.

Also if symptoms come and go, then that is your body doing the right thing. Your body tries to overcome when all those hormones make it out of balance ... so, all in all, I hope and woudl love to be shown that i am right for you both Mish and Bwok.

That said, each of my FETs started with spotting, and i just knew it was over. So if you are in that position. I am so sorry. I know the heartache.   Have you got plan B at the ready? I find that always helps. As does putting a bottle of wine in the fridge!

I am still taking the progynova/oestrogen tablets.  Nothing really happening at all.  Before i could feel it working, with certain symtoms, but nothing.  I am having an US tomorrow for a lining check but its going to be early, just didnt want to ovulate  over the weekend and miss another cycle.   So will hopefully know by monday when i am having my transfer.  Relief.  So want to be in the 2WW, even though it makes me crazy!

Thinking of everyone and really hoping there is some great news when i pop by next.

#20 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Bleeding is getting heavier and a dark red now - BT is tomorrow (was orginally saturday) but it will only be to confirm what I already know.

#21 Dadora

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Bwok and Mish. I've heard so many ladies have bleeding and still get their BFP, just like Lottie. I hope that's the case with both of you!! If not, please look after yourselves and have a glass of wine or something else that makes you feel good. I'm thinking of you both  bbighug.gif

#22 kiwi-girl

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hi everyone...
I am in the middle of my first IVF/ICSI cycle. I had EPU on Tuesday. 16 eggs were collected, 15 were mature, and 14 fertilised. We are due for ET on Sunday.

My question to you all is...how sore were you after EPU? I have had some tenderness in my midsection which I assume is my ovaries. It got better yesterday (day after EPU) but I am still quite tender today, and I think I was at my most sore this afternoon. How do you know when it is just expected soreness or something more serious like OHSS?

Am probably going to ph my nurse in the morning if I am still sore but looking for some reassuring words from those who have been through all of this!

Edited by kiwi-girl, 18 October 2012 - 07:54 PM.

#23 Lottie*

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Kiwi-girl. Great results on all those embies.

I was a bit tender after EPU and had similar numbers of eggs removed. I had cramping and knew exactly where my Ovs where positioned.  I would call. They do always say to guzzle water to avoid OHSS.

Hope you are ok.

Bwok.  Am sorry. Hope it's not what you think.

#24 AmberSpark

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Bwok - I am sorry and know exactly how you feel.

Well AF came in full force this mroning, so the BT was just a formality. I can't stop crying and hate what this journey has done to me. I am half the person I used to be and don't know if I can go on with it.

Good luck to all you beautiful ladies and I wish you the very best of everything for this cycle.

#25 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:12 AM

Oh Mish I'm so sorry honey! xox

Kiwigirl - I had alot of pain after EPU, it was in the bottom section of my stomach. With the bloating I got afterwards (I have PCOS) it was above the belly button and below the ribs. I could barely button my workshirt up. It was about 5 days before I started to feel better. I was told to drink lots and lots of water, have high protein every 2 to 3 hours. I was really uncomfortable and sore.

AFM - I'm about to head off and have my BT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How I learnt to relax about routines

After many routine-led, tough years, we've realised that being parenting isn't about being perfect. It isn't about following a schedule to a T.

Should you have a third child or not?

I thought our family had been complete with our two boys. I had no idea how much I needed my daughter until she was here.

Helping a toddler embrace an adopted sibling

A single parent by choice, I am preparing to adopt a second baby from Morocco. And I face a special challenge.

When pregnancy messes with your self-esteem

Pregnancy doesn't make all women feel beautiful. It certainly doesn't raise every woman's self-esteem.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Robbie Williams live tweets wife's labour

And the award for most patient woman in labour goes to ... Robbie Williams' wife, Ayda Field.

Vaccine ignorance is deadly and contagious

In the absence of credible, strong political leadership, paranoia about disease can go viral.

Parenting differently based on birth order

All children have unique personalities, but keeping birth order in mind could help when parenting.

How to get rid of the mum guilt

Motherhood and guilt seem to go hand in hand, but there are ways to focus

Paid parental leave scheme grinds to a halt

The future of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme appears to be up in the air, despite the fact it is due to begin in less than nine months.

The devastation of foetal alcohol spectrum disorders

No one's sure how many Australians are affected by foetal alcohol spectrum disorders, but the consequences for those who are can be devastating.

The pros and cons of finding out the sex of your unborn baby

It’s often one of the biggest choices parents make during the course of their pregnancy; to find out, or not to find out, the sex of their baby before it’s born.

Toddler's awesome dress up month

Two-year-old Willow and her photographer mum, Gina Lee, made October "Dress Up Willow Month". She posted photos of Willow's costumes on her Instagram account, and her creative takes on popular culture are simply adorable.

Childhood around the world

It can be easy to assume our ideas around childhood are universal, but they are particular to where we live, as these practices show.

Best picks for baby and toddler shoes

Here's a great selection of footwear from pre-walker to walker ensuring comfort and style for growing feet.

I lost my wife and daughters to Ebola - then it came for my son

Sunday, September 21, is a day I will never forget.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss. It involves toilet talk, and probably caused my miscarriage. But it needs to be talked about.

Prenatal testing: the facts

Prenatal testing is done to check if a baby has certain medical conditions before birth. Here is some important information about what the tests are for and the risks involved.

5 things to do with your baby?s old clothes

Did you think your only option for your baby?s old clothes was to pack them away or give them to the Salvos? Think again.

Why it's possible to not realise you're pregnant until the baby arrives

After hearing about 'surprise babies' born to mums who didn't know they were pregnant, it's common to ask "how did she not realise?" But experts say it's entirely possible for it to happen.

'My miracle is finally here'

How has the world continued on its pace when mine has been altered so drastically?

Dairy can help older women fall pregnant: study

Ice cream may be the ultimate comfort food, but a study suggests it could also help older women to have children.

Megan Gale goes topless for 'sexiest people' cover

Six months after a heavily pregnant Megan Gale posed nude for Marie Claire, the glowing new mum has gone topless for the cover of another magazine.

A new perspective on life from living with two diseases

A mother shares her personal story about the difficulty of living with two conditions, one of which stops her from being able to see her daughter's face.

Warning about Children's Panadol dosage

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has issued a safety advisory warning parents about confusion when using the dosing syringe supplied with Children's Panadol.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Take 'The Coles Big Nappy Change' Challenge

You could become part of our Test Drive team and win one of 200 packs of Coles Little Explorer Nappies as part of our 5-day challenge.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Weird trend

Couple has five babies in 14 months

Julie and David Grygla weren't sure they'd ever have kids - but their dreams have now well and truly come true.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.