Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Luvbngamum

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hey...It has been so long since I was last here, so very long and I promised I would not abandon this thread but, we finally have wireless...and it is so fast..it would take me ages on dial up so now that I am on wireless I can get on and be quick while the baby is asleep.

I am so sorry for any of you that are suffering right now.  I have been there and done that 5 times and it is the worst of the worst.  I HATE it...really hate what hg robs us of, that warm feeling other expectant mothers get toward their growing belly.  It is completely unfair.  I hate that it robs us of our chance to have the exact family we had planned.  We want 6 kids (crazy I know) but I do not think I can go through another hg pg at my age with 2 little ones to care for.  Would be a breeze if I had easy pg but that is not the case and I hate it.

Do not feel guilty about wishing it were all over, wishing the pg was gone.  I too thought about little else but terminating my pg when I was in the worst of it, struggled on for hubby and the other kids really.  

The great news is that is will get better.  My littlest baby turned a year old yesterday and all memories of hg dim when I remember the best day..giving birth to her and meeting her for the first time.  The hg is still with me, it always will be. Any thoughts about the early months of my pgs have me feeling sick, any real thoughts concerning having another have me suffering from a panic attack.  If I smell something that I had smelt during my pg the nausea instantly returns.  The memories are hard but, are fair outweighed by the amazing ones.  I am a sentimental person and remembering back a year ago has me all emotional, Lily's birth was Amazing....and she was worth all of the hg a thousand times over...would I do it all again?  Yes..for her I would do it all again in a heartbeat.  WORTH EVERY SINGLE SECOND.  For all of you still suffering, it will soon be worth it, when you hold your little one in your arms you will know that .  It does not make it ok right now, but the time will go fast...I cant believe how fast it has passed.  You will soon be holding that little one in your arms and hg will be a memory, not a reality.

Ok...so rant over...HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY LILY EDEN, YOU WERE WORTH EVERY SECOND OF THAT SUFFERING....xx wub.gif wub.gif

#3 Luvbngamum

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

AND here she is....my beautiful Lily Eden on her very first birthday yesterday...She makes my heart leap and is the best part of me...

Edited by Luvbngamum, 09 October 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#4 purple_daisy

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

Luvbngamum thank you for those encouraging words. As this is my second pregnancy I know in my head that what you say is true, but isn't it so hard to believe it when you feel like death warmed up?

AFM I'm 7 weeks today and have started on zofran as I have started throwing up dry toast and water. In the last three weeks I've lost 2.5kg and my daily diet now consists of one piece of bread at breakfast time, maybe a few bites of bread over the day and my very patient and supportive husband will coax me to eat anything that I can tolerate for dinner - last night it was two mouthfuls of two minute noodles and a quarter of his (individual size) meat pie. No wonder I'm losing weight! I've had to arrange for my 16 m.o to be cared for full time now as I just can't do it. I lie around in bed getting up only to retch in the ensuite and yesterday I felt I didn't even have the energy to make myself some toast in the kitchen as it was too far to walk (about 15 steps).

Zaacaa and Reality Bites - I truly appreciate your honesty in sharing how dark and desperate your thoughts have been lately. You have both given me such a boost as I had a major melt down last night feeling like the only woman in the world who wasn't enjoying this miracle, and thinking that all my dark thoughts about the pregnancy made me a terrible person. I now see I am not alone, and that this is common for HG people - it was so liberating to know that! When I talked to DH he said the most supportive thing - remember to tell yourself that you DO want the BABY, you just don't want to be sick anymore, and there is nothing wrong with hating the sickness. So now I'm telling myself that over and over, which has helped a lot.

Edited by purple_daisy, 10 October 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#5 Luvbngamum

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

Oh purple daisy...I do understand where you are coming from.  When I found out that i was pg with number 5 I had the biggest meltdown possible.  She was planned but as soon as I felt that first rush of nausea, I knew I was pg and I hadn't even tested yet.  I went to the bathroom at 4am and curled up in a ball and cried alone there for ages.  I was freezing but just needed to cry and did not want hubby to know how scared I was.  I have had 5 hg pg..all of varying severity.  Number 4 was the worst by far..I was so sick and really wanted to die.  I prayed for a miscarriage so many times, and feel so guilty about that now.  So when number 5 was a reality, I lost it.  Those first months of that pg I was sooooo depressed.  I regretted my decision and begged God to end the pregnancy.  My pg with Lily was not as bad as the previous one physically.  I had acupuncture and forced down protein snacks, protein helps to ease nausea,  I took meds and sipped at fluids and electrolytes from the chemist.  I was prepared early and it did help somewhat but, emotionally I was a wreck and exhausted from the nausea.  I felt so guilty about not being able to care for my son who was 14 months when I got pg.  
The feelings of guilt have left me with severe anxiety.  I struggle with separation anxiety when it comes to my two babies.  I have come to realize, with counseling that the separation anxiety stems from the hg.  In my mind I am terrified beyond belief that something will happen to them as I had prayed and wished that I would miscarry them during my pg.  I am scared that fate, or God, will suddenly take them now because that is what I had wanted during those dark months.  I can not be away from them without panicking.  I HATE o leave them.
We wanted one more baby, we have been married for 20 years (next week)  and right from the start we wanted 6 kids.  I hate that I will not have 6...I have thought about it..thought maybe i could just do one more but...argh...with 2 babies to care for hg would be a huge nightmare.  It was hard enough last time with 3 older kids and a toddler.  
So I understand where you are coming from.  You are in hell right now.  I told myself at the end of every day of hell that "one more down, one less day of hg to go through, one day closer to it all being over"
Thinking of you xx

#6 Luvbngamum

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

P.S  If you have the energy, and feel up to it see if you can find my first post in the hg thread...would have been around Feb 2011...might help to have a read.  I too fell apart, it does help to know that you are not alone.

#7 nickyblue

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

I remember those dark days!  The days when I would almost pray to miscarry and then feel overwhelming guilt that I wasn't enjoying being pregnant - after all that is what I had wanted for so long!  The cycle of hate and guilt was horrid and I got to the point where I wondered what sort of mother I could posible be and that my baby would be better off without me.
HG robs mothers of sooo much and as I finaly feel like I am coming out of the haze I really wonder if I can go through it again!  But my family doesn't feel complete!  I hate it - but day by day I am hoping to heal enough to try again!

#8 RealityBites

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Another question, sorry.

My ms has almost completely disappeared. It didn't ease off until about 20 weeks last time and lasted for nine months my first pregnancy.

Is this unheard of at 9/10 weeks in hg land? Should I book a viability scan?

#9 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

Luvbngamum thank you so much for your posts. I am lying here sobbing as a write this as I hate this sickness so much and just want to die. I thought I'd escaped it this time but it's hit with a vengeance, I've lost over 2 kgs in the last week, and I feel like such a terrible mum. DS has watched tv all day and survived on toast, sultanas, bananas and peanut butter sandwiches. I've had a piece of toast and gastrolyte to drink, and thank god it's stayed down for an hour. I feel like the most neglectful mum and DS (2.5) is here patting my back saying "please don't cry mum, it's ok, you're not sick anymore" and all I can do is cry and vomit. DH calls and checks and reminds me it's just the sickness talking, everything will be fine, and asks if I want to go to hospital. I think Im going to have to bite the bullet and fly my mum over so that DS isn't just left to his own devices every day. I just feel so guilty, towards DS, towards DH who is doing everything in the house and with DS and working full time, and so scared that I will not cope with either this pregnancy or the next baby. But reading your posts makes me remember it's just the HG talking and I won't feel like this forever.

Purple daisy I'm right here on this horrible HG ride with you! Here's hoping we both get off soon

Oh and luvbngamum Lily is just divine!

EFS

Edited by zaacaa, 12 October 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#10 Luvbngamum

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Zaacaa:  I cried reading your post because I was in the same place as you 18 months ago.  My first pg was a hg pg but back then I had just myself to worry about.  I felt so horrid but, DH cared for me when he was not at work and when he was I just lie in bed and sleep and vomit all day.  I think that the hardest part of hg is the guilt.  Guilt over negative thoughts about the baby and the pg, and guilt over those we feel we are neglecting like other kids and DH.  With baby number 4 my older three where 14, 12 and 9..so they were at school all day.  My Dh works afternoon shift so he was around to care for me during the day.  The biggest challenge was pulling myself out of bed at 3pm to get the kids from school.  I would take one of those vomit bags in the car and use it on the way too and from school.  Once I made it home I would curl up in bed and the kids were left to their own devices.  They served up their own dinner that Dh had prepared.  I felt so guilty as was not around to help with homework or anything really but, they were old enough to understand and knew that it was the pg and would not last forever.  When Pg with Lily, my DS(Harry) was only 14 months.  I was still breast feeding him...he loved the feeding.  I was shattered when my breast milk dried up when he was 16 months as I was too dehydrated to make it any more.  He was such a mummys boy and would look to me for comfort but slowly he began to turn to DH because I was not around anymore, spent my days sleeping and vomiting.  I felt so guilty.  He watched TV too, ate a lot of sandwiches and tubs of yoghurt and would watch me vomit and start to cry because he did not understand what was happening.  By the end of the pg whenever I went to the toilet he would make gagging sounds, mimicking me vomiting and say "Poor Mummy"..It was so much harder with him because he did not understand what was happening.  He wanted me to play with him and could not understand why his once active, loving Mummy was different.  It broke my heart.  He was 23 months when Lily was born.  He loved her instantly...after being a bit cautious about the whole hospital scene for a bit.  The fact of the matter is that kids are resilient.  He no longer remembers me like that...sick and pg.  He has his old mummy back, the fun one, and all that happened during those dark months has been forgotten.  Did it change him???Yes I think it did.  He is now a Mums boy again but is not so reliant, he will look to others for help..and has bonded more with DH than he probably would have. Your DS has had his life turned upside down for a bit and is probably worried about you, talk to him about the baby that will be coming when you think the time is right to do so.  Let him know that you are not well but will be ok and just take each day at a time.  Watching TV for a few months will not kill him...and seeing you vomit and ill on the sofa won't either...Lots of reassurance and cuddles when you are feeling up to it will help reassure him.  But he will be ok...Dh will be ok.  It is his turn to look after you, as you are looking after your new baby right now...and that is a very important job.....

realitybites:  It is often the case that there is a bit of a lull in hg at the 9 week mark...the placenta just starts the process of taking over the job of manufacturing hormones.  I found that there was always a few days around that point that I would begin to feel ok .  I worried that I had miscarried and then BAM it was back in full force.  My DH had to take a week holidays at 9.5-10.5 weeks because that was the absolute worst point in my last pg. On and off around that time I would have and hour or two where things were almost bearable before the vomiting returned.  I think I remember other ladies that shared pg at the same time as me experiencing the same thing.  I really only noticed a slight decrease in symptoms on a frequent basis, after the 16 week mark.  Helpher.org is and American website for women suffering from hg and has a lot of info on there if you feel up to reading it. If you are worried though get a check up done.  It does not hurt to be reassured.

nickyblue:  HATE Hg too.  I really wanted 6 children, so does DH...but I just do not think I am brave enough to go again.  The memories do fade after some time...you begin to tell yourself that it was not so bad and become strong enough to do it again.  I have had 5 and that is how it was for me...I would wait just long enough to recover and tell myself that I could get through it because I had blocked some of the memories out.  And...the babies are so worth it.  You get immersed into being a Mummy and that love you have overides everything else.  Hg is why we have such huge age gaps between our kids...It took me ages to work up the courage to do it over and over.  Baby 4 and 5 have the closest age gap...23 months...because I felt DS needed a sibling close in age to himself as umber 3 is 9 years older and...I am in my early 40's so did not want to wait too long in case it took a while.

Now I keep having thoughts of number 6...I turn 43 in December and have not yet recovered from the hg memories..One minute I think "oh why not...we always planned 6, i do not want to regret not having another"  The next minute I am feeding my baby or in the garden with the kids and sudden thoughts of months of lying in bed vomiting flood back and I panic.  I do not think I could cope caring for a 3 year old and a 1 year old and have hg at the same time...that is reality but, my longing for a 6th baby is so strong...just trying to forget all about it and push my longing aside.  I wake up at night and think about it over and over, trying convince myself that it would be ok but I know it would not...Why do I have to be so damn maternal???  I do myself no favors being so clucky...I said after number 5 I would NEVER do it again...DH almost had the snip...and as soon as she arrived DH and I looked at each other and I said " Slap me hard if I even mention that I want to go through it again"  Now we dont mention it but he hints at wanting another and I think and over think everything to scared to speak in case I get his hopes up and then become scared and back out or, in case we do something stupid and start trying and then I find myself in that dark place again.  I keep thinking if we wait long enough and I procrastinate long enough, I will soon be in menopause and too old to do it again...decision made.

I hope I have not waffled too much...I do that a lot.  I truly feel for everyone going through that dark place right now but there is a light at the end of it all...the biggest reward ever.  I will try to be here to offer support, as there were so many wonderful ladies that gave me support when I needed it and I want to return the favor if i can.  

xx

Edited by Luvbngamum, 12 October 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#11 purple_daisy

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Reality bites how are you feeling? Any return of symptoms? I would just embrace every minute that you feel well, get plenty of healthy food and drink into you, and enjoy! Last pregnancy I was pretty much sick every dingle day multiple times from 9 weeks onward, but I also had a couple of days where I wasn't at 9ish weeks which had me worried.... I think it is like luvb said, just a placenta thing.

Luvb I am in awe of your ability to plan and have 5 hg pregnancies. I do not know many women who could be so self sacrificial to go through that. I am sorry that you had always wanted 6... I understand the difficulty when you feel your family is not complete. I don't have any advice, but just want to say I hope you can find peace in a decision one way or the other.

AFM I have stopped taking zofran. After two days I noticed I was getting stabbing pains in my chest which I never normally have. I read the info brochure that comes with the zofran and it says to discontinue use if that happened sad.gif So I'll try to see my GP this week to discuss. I guess the chest pain could be linked to the dehydration, exertion from all that gagging, or just stress but it scared me and I didn't want to risk it so I'm back on maxalon which is helping but obviously not as much as zofran.
This weekend my DH is out of town so my parents have taken DD for her first weekend at their place. I'm very grateful as yesterday I didn't hold anything down until dinner time and had some very violent vomits, just spent the whole day lying in bed. Hoping today is better. We have a scan on wednesday so I'm really hoping all is well with the baby.

How are you ladies going with holding down folate? Some days I can other days I'm sure it has come back up. I'm terrified this will cause bad things to happen to the baby.

#12 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hi girls,

Luvbngamum thanks for your words, as much as its awful we have to feel this way it's nice to know I'm not alone.

AFM I've now had 2 doses of zofran and feel like I'm not going to die anymore. I still feel queasy and don't have much energy, but I'm not puking all the time and even managed some lunch before! Main thing is I'm managing to keep down some juice which is good as I am so dehydrated. Have lost a total of 3kgs in 8 days, so hoping that stopping puking will also halt the weight loss. Here's hoping the drugs continue to work!

Hope everyone else is doing ok today original.gif

#13 Starrydawn

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Lvbngmum LIly is absolutely gorgeous. I am so glad I got my Estella but never again for me. I am 41 so I have the age excuse lol. But just thinking about HG and knowing how bad it feels is enough to go no way.

Purple daisy, zaccaa, realitybites just reading ypur posts reminds me of myself and how bad it was and the darkness.

#14 RealityBites

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

Luvbngmum - thanks, you were right, it came back with a vengeance today.

#15 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Oh RealityBites I'm so sorry to hear that sad.gif keep up with the drugs and dont hesitate to get IV fluids at the hospital if you can't keep anything down. Sending you a big hug xx

#16 Luvbngamum

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

realitybites:  I somehow thought it would.  There was always that day or two around the 9 week mark where i felt ok too.  The weeks following that lull were the worst but it gradually began to ease for me after the 16-18 week mark.  I would still have the relentless nausea but the spews became less frequent.  By 28 weeks the nausea had completely gone for all but 2 pregnancies.  The last one I had it return toward the very end and pg number 2 it remained, so did the spewing, however it was not every day, about 3 times a week.  Hoping yours eases soon xx

Chedasha:  I completely understand your decision to have Estella and leave it at her.  I do not think that makes you any less brave.  Every ones situations are different and, having gotten to know you and share our journeys together I think that you suffered more than I did.  Your hg hung around for ages.  I did get respite from mine eventually which helps.  41 is not too old though, a good excuse in some circles, he he but, not with me.  I was 41, almost 42 when I had Lily.  Our number 6 baby is a dream that I do not think will be a reality because I turn 43 in December and am too scared to do it again.  I will be too old by the time the courage returns.  Estella is just so beautiful.  Love her photos on fb, she looks so cheeky...

purpledaisy: Dont be in awe of me...Anyone who goes through this damn thing is awesome.  I have only managed to do it 5 times because of the large age gaps and my stupid brains inability to put spewing memories ahead of memories of new babies.  As soon as my new born baby arrives my brain goes all mushy and memories of hg go out the window.  Has me baffled too. I lose it big time as soon as that first wave of nausea hits and, spend the rest of the first two trimesters vowing and declaring I will never do it again.  I have hit rock bottom in all of my pregnancies.  I guess it has been a matter of stubbornness on my part, not letting hg rob me of my dream for a big family.  I have also been lucky as I have not had to work.  I did work with number 1 and number 4 but, stopped as soon as it became really tough with number 4.  I am amazed at the ladies that somehow manage to continue to work with hg.  I dont know how they manage to do that.  I am a registered nurse and spent more time in the bathroom spewing than my patients did.

zaacaa:  There is no way that you are alone in this.  Hg was not really heard of when I had my first 3.  My cousin was pg at the same time as I was for number 2 and 3 and was so severe with it that she was tube fed for 5 months. Her kidneys were on the verge of failing before the medical field finally decided something should be done to help with the nausea and vomiting.  She was the worst I have seen with it, far worse than I.  I have been hospitalized for fluids a number of times and have often thought being tube fed would be a nice way to get nutrition without having to put food in your mouth but never came to that with me.  Back then there was no understanding or support.  You felt alone and were made to feel like a weak woman over exaggerating plain old morning sickness.  I did not find this group until my last pg and really wished i had the kind of support it offers during my other pg.  As bad as it got with my pg I could lie in bed and know that there was someone else who felt the same and then get on here and write what I was feeling without being judged.  That is something that is valuable in dealing with this condition.

Sending all those anti spew vibes in the direction of you lovely ladies in that dark spot right now.

xx

#17 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Edited by zaacaa, 17 October 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#18 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

Well I was hospitalised yesterday and am finally feeling a teeny tiny bit better. Lots of fluids and IV meds and this morning I've managed to keep down some toast, and the nausea is somewhat subsided. They've put together a new regime of maxalon, zofran, B6 B12, Zantac and doxy to hopefully get me on my way again, but as they said the worst is still to come from 8-10 weeks, so hopefully I can get it under control so it's not too bad. At least I know I can come back here when needed. The midwives are fantastic and so compassionate, 3 of them also had HG so they know where I'm coming from. It's been nice to get some sleep, but I feel for my poor DH who has had to take time off work to watch DS and care for me also. My mum is also flying up next week so that should be a little respite for everyone.

I hope everyone else is doing ok today xxx

#19 RealityBites

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Oh no Zaacaa, I hope the meds work for you.

I had a really bad day on Sunday, couldn't eat or drink, vomiting all day, and a bad headache. Since then I have been okay, even at work today, teaching. DH took me to sit on the beach for half an hour on Tuesday (I was in bed most of the day) and I felt calm for the first time in weeks.

The bad days are bad tho  sad.gif

#20 nickyblue

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Just sending some hugs to Zaacaa and realitybites!  hope your dark days are less and your good days are great!xx

#21 Nicole7

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Congratulations Tinkster!!!

Luvbngamum - Lily is beautiful!

purple daisy - if you're not up to toast, could you try keeping a small container of almonds next to your bed. The protein might help reduce the nausea.

zaacaa - the "mummy guilt" is awful. I felt so guilty about what DD was missing out on. My mum would come over twice a week and my FIL would watch her for a couple of hours once a week. When there was noone over, she would be plonked down in front of the tv. Towards the end I put her in daycare two mornings a week. Her personality changed - she was much less confident. Luckily, she has completely bounced back since DS was born. She's back to her usual bubbly self. Kids are much more resilient than we give them credit for. Glad your mum is coming to help.

Reality - I hope you start to improve soon.

AFM - Milly turned four last weekend. I threw a big party and spoiled her completely rotten - I think it was my way of relieving some of the guilt I feel about how much she missed out on during the pregnancy. Jack is 11 months old now. Love my kids, but am absolutely not doing it again.

#22 RealityBites

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Omg today I ate lunch. Lunch! Then I cooked dinner. And ate it!

eexcite.gif

#23 FeralMuddyPuddles

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yay RealityBites! Well my mum has been here since Wednesday which has allowed me to fall in a heap. She cooks, cleans and entertains DS, she's an angel! I've even been eating as she prepares small meals all day and I've kept them down! She leaves tomorrow though which I'm worried about sad.gif

Hope everyone is doing ok, I'm 8.5 weeks and praying it's over soon.

#24 purple_daisy

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been so sick that I haven't been out of bed much in the past fortnight and it was too much of a struggle to stagger to the computer. But I've been thinking of you all.

QUOTE (zaacaa @ 17/10/2012, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can come back here when needed. The midwives are fantastic and so compassionate, 3 of them also had HG so they know where I'm coming from.

Zaacaa I am sorry to hear you were hospitalised but I am so so envious of the support you receive from the midwives. Your post actually had me in tears  sad.gif  

I've been hospitalised twice in the past ten days - both times I hadn't held anything down in two days and I'd stopped urinating and felt like fainting all the time. I was admitted through emergency and both times the doctors treated me like I was just a weak woman not handling her morning sickness very well. One doctor told me that "it isn't like you have a serious medical condition I can do anything about" and "you need to take better care of yourself and stop getting so dehydrated - you really just need to believe that you can eat and drink".
The second admission my doctor was more tactful but asked me if I had tried eating ginger ohmy.gif  and said I just have to be patient as morning sickness normally stops around 12 weeks then I will be fine. This was AFTER I told him I was on weekly fluids till 16 weeks last pg and on zofran up until the birth date.
So I am incredibly envious of women who have supportive hospitals. I know I shouldn't complain as I do get given fluids and IV drugs, but I really end up feeling so unsupported by the medical staff.

My DD spends all her time either with my parents or in childcare now, she is only here when DH is home on weekends. I've noticed she has become so clingy and fussy, which is really hard but I'm taking a lot of encouragement from you lovely ladies who've had kids rebound just fine after the pregnancy.

Nicole I hadn't thought of trying almonds. Normally I hate the flavour but might give it a go thanks for the suggestion.

OK sitting up this long has been a bit much, better go lie back down as I feel like vomitting .. again!

Reality Bites was it you who said that HG is worse from 8-10 weeks? Did your doc tell you that? I'm hoping it is true as I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and would love to be able to have some hope that things might improve soon.....

#25 Starrydawn

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks lvbngmum Lily is just gorgeous. All your kids are I can see how you convince yourself to do it again.

Zaacaa hope you get some relief soon it is such a tough time. Glad the hospital staff have been supportive.

Reality bites yah to eating nice food cause you could.

Purple daisy it makes me sooo mad about hospital staff I was admitted and experienced similiar. one Dr told me I simply must get out of bed otherwise I would get fat. WTF??? Honestly. Another silly nurse says to me oh wouldn't you feel just as nauseous if you walked a km than if you just lay there. Took all my no strength not to leap out the bed and strangle her to feel better. drs kept telling me it will end at 12 weeks, 16 weeks, 20 weeks etc.

The worst for me was I would say 8-20 weeks and especially ramped up at 12 weeks just for fun. i had one more admission at around 22 weeks I would say by 27 I felt like normal pregnancy and morning sickness.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ahrefs (1)

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.