TTC #1 after Miscarriage #36

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
784 replies to this topic

#676 Glamour

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Hi ladies, just a short one this afternoon to touch base and give an update. Unfortunately, the doctor confirmed on Friday that we've lost this baby, again. Bleeding started yesterday i've been bed ridden with cramping. It's been terrible both physically and emotionally of course. I'm so sick and tired of this cycle... i don't know how i feel ever feel happiness for a BFP again?

I will stick my head in again through the week and do some catching up xo

#677 2puzzled

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Glamour, I am so so sorry to hear of your loss again. It's just not fair. I am sorry this isn't the christmas and new year you were hoping for - rest up and be kind to yourself and ask for all the help you need - and try to take hope that 2013 will be a new start and will bring success. xx big hugs to you.

#678 Wishing2011

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Glamour I'm so sorry hun. It isn't fair sad.gif You will feel happiness again. I hate how miscarriages make us so much more cautious about being pregnant. We are excited but are still worried because of how things went last time. It takes away that innocence of it all doesnt it.. Look after yourself xx

Sunshiney I thought it was just me having the stomach cramps.. I went out to a family christmas catch up yesterday and spent a good amount of time in and out of the bathroom. How did you tell your family? How early were you when you told them? We are contemplating telling immediate family on Christmas day but aren't sure because it is still so early...

Kibou good luck. I know how hard that can be. Have a wonderful Christmas original.gif

aww Clarisse thank you that is so lovely. I hope you get your BFP really soon so that you can join me original.gif

I hope you all have a great Christmas and for those of you going through a tough time I am thinking of you. hhugs.gif

#679 N@K

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

Congratulations to Wishing and Purelle that is just awesome news!

I've been reading, just too busy to post! Such a busy time of year! I wanted to wish everyone a great Christmas and New Year, and hope for all of us that 2013 is full of happy times! We all definitely deserve it.

Glamour, I am so very sorry *many hugs*, and take care of yourself and your DH.

AFM - waiting to O this week. A bit down atm, which is annoying as have the beginnings of family Christmas things today when all I want is couch time :-). I quite wish that this time of year didn't have to coincide with when I conceived for this first time.

*hugs* to us all

#680 Wishfully

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Glamour- I am so shattered for you. There are no words for it lovely....look after yourself and your OH.

Love and hugs ladies xoxo

#681 Elippo

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Glamour - love and hugs for you - that is just sucky.
*waves to everyone else*

Glamour - love and hugs for you - that is just sucky.
*waves to everyone else*

#682 kibou

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Glamour, I'm so sorry. Be kind to yourself.

#683 *Dreaming*

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Glamour I'm so so sorry xxx

#684 ~Bells~

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

Glamour, so sorry to hear your news, I hope you are looking after yourself. xo

I was fortunate enough to receive the best Xmas present this morning, a distinct BFP! AF was due yesterday but didn't arrive, but given how stressed I'd been the last month or so, I really didn't think we were in with a chance, but I got a very faint line on an IC test this morning, so pulled out the First Response and got a line at the same time as the control! So we are very excited, but very, very cautious. Obviously wont be telling family today, so will be keeping busy so no one notices I'm not drinking or gobbling prawns.

I've had very small niggly cramps for a few days so I'm nervous that it will all be over, but still very hopeful.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas day with your families and that those of you going through a tough time are looking after yourselves. xo

Edited by ~Bells~, 25 December 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#685 2puzzled

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Merry Xmas bells! Freaking awesome! 12.19 and quite p!ssd lol! Merry Xmas to me!
Have a lovely day all. For those of you down, try to make this day allllll about you and your DP and enjoy each other. 2013 will bring wonderful gifts to us all.
MWAH! *hic* xx

#686 kibou

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Bells... That's awsome!!!! Congratulations. Can't think of a better present.    

2P right there with you! Enjoying a few champagnes! Why not eh?

Merry Christmas!

Edited by kibou, 25 December 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#687 N@K

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Such awesome happy news Bells! Good luck and FX all goes smoothly

#688 Sunshiney

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Glamour - I am so sorry for your loss  bbighug.gif  hheart.gif

Bells - congratulations - wonderful news! So pleased to see another from our old TTC#1 group who's been TTC for ages finally get some good news!! FX for a very sticky bub and a smooth 9 months  eexcite.gif   hheart.gif

Wishing - did you tell your family for Christmas? We had an US at 5w4d because I had spotting problems and so saw the HB before telling the family a little after 7wks. I've kept things very quiet except for immediate family because I've not wanted to have to go through un-telling people if things go wrong (I spotted for 2.5 weeks so was worried I would lose bub) and have found the last week hard because I'm getting close to the time when things went wrong last time. Should do whatever feels right for you though.

FX for anyone else testing in the final few days of 2012, and best wishes to everyone for the new year - may 2013 see rainbows for everyone here!  smile1.gif

#689 Wishing2011

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Bells congratulations what a Christmas present grin.gif

Sunshiney has the spotting stopped? That's great you guys could see your bub at 5 weeks 3 days original.gif yes we did tell just parents and sister in law yesterday. Everyone was excited. Its been hard food wise. But I can't complain original.gif I get you about coming up to where things went bad last time. I started bleeding at 6.5 weeks last time and that time is slowly creeping up. I can't wait to pass that point so I hopefully won't worry so much..

#690 ~Bells~

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the well wishes girls. And 2p - I loved your update - you seemed very merry  wink.gif.

Sunshiney - I know, it is very uplifting every time I see someone get their bfp. Despite how "normal" is apparently is, spotting can only be nerve wracking (well do I remember) - but your scan results are certainly very encouraging and exciting! Yay for that little heartbeat. We saw the hb during my last PG (a few days before MC) and even though we lost the bub, the fact that I saw that heartbeat flashing is a beautiful memory. I know I won't feel comfortable until we pass the 8 week mark (MC at 7.5 weeks last time). But I think its totally normal to feel that way, the important thing is to stay positive.

Hope you all had amazing Christmases.

I'm still in a bit of shock, seems so unbelievable that after such a sucky, stressful few months we would get good news. In fact the plan had been to forget about TTC until the new year, and concentrate on de-stressing totally (not just regarding TTC) so I didn't monitor O at all, so can only assume O date etc.

I can't get to my dr for another week for confirmation and another referral to my obstetrician (and will get the biopsy results from my breast lump) due to his Xmas/New year closure period. Though given my BFP I am more certain that my lump was most likely a hormonal abnormality brought on by a pregnancy I didn't know about yet. So FX.

Had the most relaxing day today, lots of sleep (which is why I'm still up now), a walk with DH and the dogs, and a few dvds. My plan is to make tomorrow very similar, though I think DH will be very eager to go see the Hobbit, so I expect I will be cinema bound at some point!

As with many of our recent grads, I'm hoping to stick around here for a bit until I feel more confident in the PG, hope that's okay. xo

#691 *Dreaming*

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

Congratulations Bells  original.gif Wonderful news!!!
*Dreaming* xxx

#692 Clare L

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Purelle, Wishing & Bells - yay, yay, yay! I'm so pleased for you.

Glamour - I'm so sorry sweetie, sending you lots of love and hugs bbighug.gif

And for everyone - wishing you all a very happy, healthy & fertile new year

xxx

#693 kmaharaj

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

hello beautiful ladies I just got back to Sydney this morning. I don't even remember if I posted here or not but shockingly DH's mum passed away on 12/12/12 (1 am Fiji time and around 11 pm Sydney time on 11/12/12). We had to go to Fiji on 13th for the funeral on the 15th. Didn't sleep all night. So many arrangements to make. Shocker of a time for our family. We lost his dad last year, our son, then his mum this year. Neverending. Too much sadness. She was only 62 and really looking forward to seeing us all for xmas but alas. We didn't celebrate xmas obviously. I had bought so many presents for her. Then spent all day on 12th and 13th buying her funeral outfits cry1.gif

cry1.gif  cry1.gif . She looked beautiful, as if she were just sleeping. Her face did not change at all.

Wishing my darling I can't tell you how pleased I am for you.

Glamour just from reading the last few posts, I gather things have gone pear shaped for you. I am sorry to hear hun. I will read back and then write more.

Bells wohoo love - congrats.

Purelle congrats love. Great news.

Praying for you 3 to have stickies.

So nice to see posts from our grads here. Sunshiney happy to hear of the heartbeat. Keep on going strong love. All will be well.

AFM

AF arrived right on the morning of MIL's funeral, then there was Tropical Cyclone Evan to contend with, no electricity, atrocious humidity, devastation of poor people's homes, i got to meet all the orphan girls who live in the orphanage, cried my heart out and got so angry that the Fijian govt has frozen all inter country adoption. I would have adopted all 30 of them if i could. Some girls were abandoned, some girls' parents didn't want them anymore cos they had met new partners, such sad stories i tell you. Ended up feeling very depressed and sad. Cried a lot on Xmas day, missed my son and my MIL both. I guess they are all together now waiting for me. Will write more as I read back. Yikes.

love you all

K

Edited by kmaharaj, 27 December 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#694 emmy-g

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

K- no words... just want to send you the biggest hug possible bbighug.gif

#695 kmaharaj

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

thanks Em. I want to thank you for offering to look after her when she was sick in June. that was very sweet of you. Her dialysis was working well and we had spoken to her on sunday and the next thing we know she was gone, just like that!! Feel so sorry for DH. I wish i could hug him forever.

#696 kmaharaj

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

thanks Em. I want to thank you for offering to look after her when she was sick in June. that was very sweet of you. Her dialysis was working well and we had spoken to her on sunday and the next thing we know she was gone, just like that!! Feel so sorry for DH. I wish i could hug him forever.

#697 Wishing2011

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Oh my goodness K that is so sad cry1.gif I am so so sorry. You and DH have had such a tough year it just isn't fair. And you missed seeing her by a day.. Were there any warning signs or did it just happen very quickly? Let's hope 2013 brings a fresh start to you and your family. You guys have been through so much. And it is so sad about the orphans too.. sad.gif Thank you for the well wishes hun.. I'm constantly worrying about the little one but I think its normal especially considering what we've been through.

#698 kmaharaj

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

hi wishing we missed seeing her by 10 days. we were due to go to fiji on 21st and but she passed away on the 12th. Had a good cry when I got home today. Just feel so desolate. Will things ever turn around.

Please be as relaxed as possible (i know easier said). I have a good feeling for you. Things will go well with your little one. Lots of love to you. xo

#699 clarisse83

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Oh K, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL, it's been such a tough year for you <3

Glamour I'm also sorry to hear your sad news sad.gif Much love xx

Bells freaking yay!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you, especially after such a sh*tful few months that you've had. Have my FX this is a sticky one for you.

Sunshiney you poor thing! I hope the MS leaves you soon so that you can enjoy your pregnancy (as much as you can).

AFM, nothing to report really. It's CD11 so I'm just waiting to O and hoping that it happens around CD14/15 like it did last month. No scans this month so I'm just going by OPKs. Having acupuncture tomorrow then off to the coast with my family for a few days as my brother and sister are both home for Christmas/New Years. Dreading going back to work in the new year!! Maybe I'll win the lotto tonight or on the 29th hahaha

#700 2puzzled

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

K - I am so sorry to read your news. Very sad and so much to deal with. I can't help but think all sorrows will be left behind you with the end of 2012 - 2013 will be your year. I hope for that very much. And for myself too.

xx

AFM nothing to report. Not TTC until the new year and the diving has been very disappointing! terrible visibility! hoping it improves over the next few days but if that's all I have to complain of at the moment then that is OK original.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Teaching our son to say no to violence against women

Today, on White Ribbon Day - and every other day - we're teaching our son to say no to violence against women.

Mothers told to breastfeed in 'spacious' toilet

If there is one thing the owners of Tillings Cafe can be certain of, it is that the eatery won't win the award for Britain's best baby-friendly coffee shop any time soon.

Mother gives name to son dumped down drain

A woman who admitted to dumping her newborn baby down a Sydney drain has reportedly been allowed to give him a name.

Taking small steps to reduce stress

Are you feeling used up by life's stress, family problems and a demanding job you can't turn off? Many people are way beyond work-life exhaustion. They are functioning as robots.

Bad news: we're running out of chocolate

The world's biggest chocolate-maker says we're running out of chocolate.

Born at 23 weeks, 'Chopstick Baby' survives first week

A baby who was born at 23 weeks has survived her first week of life outside the womb.

Manic stations: the nesting instinct in pregnancy

It might sound like temporary insanity, but almost obsessive nesting as you near your due date isn’t uncommon – even if you’re not usually a particularly clean person.

How a baby can survive alone for days on end

The baby found abandoned in a Sydney drain may have been alone for up to six days without being fed, leaving many asking how he could have survived.

When it begins to look a lot like Christmas

A child's excitement at Christmas time is a beautiful thing, but one dad ponders whether his toddler daughter is getting into the festive mood a bit too soon.

Hospital lets dads the experience some of the pain of childbirth

A new experience is radically altering men's views of childbirth.

Italian doctors questioned over formula bribes

Italian police have placed 12 doctors under house arrest on suspicion of promoting baby milk formula over breastfeeding.

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Those special moments of sibling bonding

Every now and then your child does or says something that is truly memorable.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Baby monitor footage posted online

Footage of Australian babies and children sleeping in their bedrooms are among the images on a Russian site showing live feeds from thousands of homes and businesses around the world.

Did this new dad really hit on his wife's midwife?

Was there really a man who was actually there by his wife’s side as she laboured and gave birth to his child, all while he was making what he perceived to be meaningful eye contact with a midwife?

Keep calm and ignore the Tantrum Trolls

Tantrum Trolls are a small but growing species of predatory bottom-feeders who delight in picking on parents at their most vulnerable.

It's okay to never 'get over' the death of a loved one

The death of children, siblings, and parents has long term impacts on the rest of our lives.

What Mark Latham needs to know about depression and motherhood

Love has nothing to do with mental illness. But love may drive a mother to do something about it.

'We're just trying to keep our child alive': life with FPIES

We have a beautiful seven-month-old son, and his allergy rules our life.

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong'

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reactions to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

Two children who were given to the wrong families at birth will soon learn if they will be returned to their biological parents.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.