Due in Nov 2012 Chat Thread #12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#76 chic mummy

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

hey T.J its good to hear you're having a great day so far. my blood pressure was 110/70 from memory of what my midwife told me or there abouts.

#77 emnut

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Happy birthday T.J. & Lozzylots.

Caroldiem - I think of you often & hope you are doing as ok as you can be

Franno - good to "see" you again

Catty - I hope that Charlize is starting to forge ahead instead of the 2 steps forward 1 step back.  I hear you with the NICU nurses - had a complete meltdown with one the other day when she told me to not touch Henry.  Hopefully you are managing to have lots of cuddles.

As for us, everything is a struggle atm.  DS1 is missing out on so much & I'm feeling gutted for him right now - to top everything off he is cricket mad & is meant to be starting his first year in junior cricket (rather than the MILO introduction to cricket) this coming Friday.  We have just found out that they are 3 short for having a team & cannot get a coach so at this stage he won't be playing - can hardly wait to break that news to him tomorrow.

Henry is hanging in there but still not doing well.  He is making no respiratory effort himself so literally machines are doing it all for him atm (up until 10 days or so ago he was making efforts himself) & drs aren't really sure of why.  So we were anticipating an attempt to wean him off the vent through the week but it hasn't happened & feeling like it's never going to.  He is also still showing signs of having an active NEC infection but so far his bowel hasn't perforated again.  So we are still in the phase right now of hoping for the best but expecting the worst - a horrid & exhausting place to be.

#78 Ms_Jae

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

Happy birthday Tj & Lozzy!!!

Sorry to hear that Henry is still struggling emnut... Hope he gets past all this soon..

As for me.. I am waiting to get an obs appointment as I need to see them every week now, and no more midwife appointments. I am high risk now and my level of care has just risen..
As some of you know I am on insulin for my GD now, and midwife told me on Saturday that its most likely I will be induced early. Also bub is breech at the moment so another thing Im stressing about.. Yeah I know, dont stress, but its hard not too..
I have to go get bloods done to check my iron levels etc and I need to book in a growth scan for this week.. So much to do this week, dont know how I will keep up.
My fundal height is at 38cm, and blood pressure is fine which is good..
Will keep you all informed on if I go early original.gif

#79 MalibuZoo

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Very happy belated birthday wishes for TJ and Lozzy

Sorry haven't been posting but have been popping in to read.
I participated in relay for life on the weekend and am paying for it now. Very achey legs, lots of BH and just so uncomfy. Trying to put my feet up whenever I can.
Good news baby has turned head down and obs expects it to stay that way now.   biggrin.gif
She did however say she estimates him/ her to be over 9pd but under 10. And on 4d u/s looks very chubby. ohmy.gif
She told me I had the right hips to deliver big babies!!  unsure.gif  insult or compliment  shrug.gif

Enjoying lovely warm sunny spring weather today, hope it sticks around.

#80 suzy-c

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Poor Henry, and poor emnut and family!
I'm so sorry he's still struggling. I haven't been in here for a long time, so I hadn't heard anything. It must be exhausting. My DS1 only stayed in the NICU for 13 days and that was more than long enough for me. I can't imagine 9 weeks and it seems that it will be longer than that. sad.gif

I always thought the waiting to go into labour was stressful. It's nothing compared to the waiting to find out if your little one is going to be ok. All anyone can say is that they're doing the best they can, Henry is doing the best he can, and you'll all just have to wait and see. It isn't enough, is it. sad.gif xoxo

#81 emnut

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Stormgirl - sorry you are having so many worries.  I hope that if you are delivered early it is not too early.

Malibu Zoo - I can't imagine having a baby that big (looking at Henry who is still well under 1kg & DS1 who was under 1kg born.

suzy-c - thanks & yep would much prefer the wait for him to come (we had 11 weeks in NICU with DS1 but he had a pretty smooth ride)

T.J.  - hope your appt goes well tomorrow - you are getting so close now

Nothing much has changed here other than I've been sick again so haven't been able to see Henry yesterday or today.  Took advantage of it & had a long session with my psych since despite the brave act really not coping at all.  Torn between wanting to hold Henry in case he doesn't get any better & not wanting to in case he does.  He at least has been stable the past few days & drs were talking of adjusting his vent settings to see if he'll start making respiratory effort when forced to & attempting feeds again to see if he can tolerate any - the thought of the feeds again terrifies me as starting them each time is what has caused the intestines to perforate.  Will find out whether they have done any of it when DH comes home from being with him.

Edited by emnut, 18 October 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#82 Ms_Jae

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

Emnut - All i can give you is hugs... Must be so hard for you.. sad.gif

Well, I will be giving birth at 38 weeks... They will be inducing me.. No date set yet..
I have to get a scan once a week to check the fluid around bub and to check the placenta.. Bub is vertex, so head down which is good.
I have just finished my bags for the hospital and going to put them in the car this weekend.
Hope everyone else is doing great original.gif

#83 suzy-c

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Stormgirl I hope it all goes well. Inductions can be pretty intense, but then so can spontaneous labour!

I think I have prepared as much as I can for this. I have every food known to humankind stored away in my freezer and cupboards, and everything I'm still capable of doing has been done.

There is much that I can't do anymore that wasn't done until I started getting stroppy about it. DP famously said "You want everything done yesterday." to which I replied "It's the 37th week. No matter what else is going on right now, we can NOT mothball the finishing of the babyroom." (This probably sounds angry, but both statements were said with chuckles.)

Now we've booked the car capsule hire and will be picking it up soon. It feels all very real all of a sudden. Bub's head is down and engaged and his new favourite pastime seems to be rolling his head around on my cervix. Not comfortable, but comforting for me, as a sign!

Due 7 Nov, but who knows?

How is everyone else doing? Hope you aren't too uncomfortable, or worried etc?
Glad Henry's been stable for now.

#84 emnut

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

suzy-c - you sound so organised.  Surreal seeing some of you getting to those last weeks now.

Henry is still doing about as ok as we can hope for.  He had a failed attempt to change his vent settings on Friday & they haven't really tried again since.  So I think the plan is to go ahead with using the steroids to help.  He started feeds again (a whole 1ml/hour at this point) today but his first two he didn't tolerate so it was being reduced to 4 hourly to see what happens.  So a sleepless night looking like coming up worrying about how he is coping.  Not sure I'll be able to go see him tomorrow as DS1 is sick today so will most likely end up home with him all day.

#85 ABeautifulLife

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hi All,

Emnut it is great to hear the Henry seems to have stabilised a little, I hope the steroids work and he starts to make some more improvements.

One more sleep until we move into our house.  Its seems like it has taken forever however the inside renos are complete and we can call it home biggrin.gif We are all so excited and happy.  I can now finish getting ready for the appearance of this baby and hopefully have time for a bit of R&R too.  Between renos and running our business we are both exhausted.  So off to have my last sleep in this house and get recharged for a very busy day tomorrow.

Belly rubs to all original.gif

#86 lelula

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

It has been quiet hasn't it? The calm before the storm maybe??

TJ - I know how you feel with the lack of confidence in the medical system. I have seen different OB's and midwives at every hospital visit. I'm in the public system so I know I can't complain but most of the time it feels like I'm the only one who knows what's going on in my pregnancy. I had to ask for my GT test and bloods at 28 weeks, if I hadn't I'm sure I'd still be waiting for them to be done. If I didn't bother going to see my GP for my shared care appointments nobody would ever know or do anything about it. It gets frustrating sometimes so I understand needing to vent!

Stormgirl - got your induction date yet?

Emnut - how did Henry go with the 4 hourly feeds? Is he on the steroids now?

ABeautifulLife - I'm exhausted just reading your post! Hope the move has gone well and you get your well earned rest!

Suzy-C - well done for being organised. I keep thinking I must make some meals to freeze but most days I'm lucky to get dinner done for that day!

I have just discovered the joy of online grocery shopping. Best thing ever! The thought of never having to step foot in a supermarket if I didn't want to fills me with happiness biggrin.gif

We had an early anniversary celebration last Sat since bubs is due 4 days after our actual anniversary. Went out for dinner with the family, was a really lovely evening.

As far as bubs goes, the bags are packed and in the car, the car seat finally fitted, and our pram arrived after a few stuff ups (the pram has been the thorn in my side for months!). I think we're set to go, although I'm bound to have forgotten something. Just gone 37 weeks so very excited to have made it to term. 18 days officially to go original.gif

#87 Ms_Jae

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Hey lozzy..

Nope not yet.. Got a growth scan tomorrow then obs app on Friday.. Hoping I will get a date then..

Im finding it hard to sleep.. Waking up constantly to pee, but its just a dribble.. blahhh.. These last few weeks are going to slow...

#88 emnut

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

I need to whinge or sulk or something.  I am so over this whole journey.  Henry is back to no feeds again for another day or two as he wasn't tolerating his feeds & he is bloated & distended affecting his lungs again.  He is back to higher vent settings & when I left were waiting on bloods to decide whether or not he needed another blood transfusion.  It feels like we are getting absolutely nowhere with him.  The longer he is on TPN the more likely it is to do damage to his liver, the vent damage to his lungs & yet he can't go without these things.  I really wish I had given him a better start to life than this.  Add to that, DS1 is better & we thought that all was ok since he has been ok since Monday night & everyone else seemed fine.  Have come home from seeing Henry & now a couple of hours later my throat is in agony & glands all swollen & have a bit of a temp.  So now I'm stressed about possibly giving Henry or any of the other babies there something else to contend with.

#89 Suz01

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Sorry ladies been a slack bugger! In last two wks if work. Dh is in Fiji for work...joy and baby is 4/5ths engaged and I'm 36+2! Is this normal for second bubs? Dd was only 2/5ths at 40+4!. Thoughts?

Emnut, I have no words to ease the situation but feel like you could use a break, some good luck. Its just not fair for you! Best of luck and I hope nothing was transferred to the bubs.

Stormgirl,im the same sleep is full of tossing and turning!! Shoot have to dash dd just exited bathroom wet and naked ... better check.

#90 Ms_Jae

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Aww Emnut.. All I want to do is give you a shoulder... You are one strong woman.. Really dont know how you do it..
Prayers and love are coming your way hun.. We are thinking of you.. !

Suz - Omg the tossing.. it annoys me.. I have to find something to hold, to try and roll over.. Its not the easiest thing to do with a huge tumm..

Just think we are on the home stretch now.. original.gif

Edited by StormGirl77, 24 October 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#91 lelula

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Emnut, I'm so sorry. Please don't blame yourself - you didn't choose this for Henry. I hope you feel better and Henry doesn't catch your bug. Always here to listen to your sulks though. hugs to you.

#92 whatnamenow

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

oh emnut just   bbighug.gif

Just know that there is nothing you could of done to change any of this. You are not responsible and nothing that anyone can do will be the determination between whether any of the support they need to provide will create extra issues or not.  It sadly is the luck of the draw.    hands.gif and hopeing that little tiny henry is a strong lucky boy and you will be looking back on these times in many years times while watching him run amok and getting cranky at all the mess he's making and how he's not doing his homework.

I'm so happy I've made 37 weeks.  I ran into the midwife who saw me come in at 33weeks when i was in pre-term labour last night at the antenatal class.  She was very pleased to see me still with a belly.  I have developed obstetric cholestasis in the last few days and its driving me nuts ( a severe itching without a rash due to a liver issue) but they tell me because i'm 37 weeks they dont need to treat it as it will go away as soon as bubs is born and that should be soon.  After everything i now cant wait to have her.  So many of the bubs on the DIG on facebook have been born already.  Seeing all the gorgeous girls has made me very very clucky.  Finally finished antenatal classes last night so feel like we are all ready for whenever.  Bring it on!!

#93 Ms JuLs

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hi all,
I am new to EB...still trying to figure out how to use it!
I am a stay at home Mum.
Bub is due very soon, a boy.
Sharing the same feelings as you all seem to be.
Hoping to try a VBAC this time around, very stressful time atm & very nervous as I have no family/friend support.
Thanks for sharing the Target Sale info! Just realised that I need a few more things, after checking the EB What to pack for hospital list!

Emnut- Hope you feel better soon.
Being a Mum will always test our strength & patience.
Everything is trial & error & sometimes things will take time to adjust to.
You are doing a great job, keep trying & persisting, it will all work out.
-Do you have someone who can help with feeds whilst you get better?
I feel you need to rest in order to get better & be there for Henry.

My 1st bub was in SCN for almost 3 wks & had not gained any weight during that time.
Bond & attachment for me took several days & I became very sick due to mastitis, twice.
The hospital also sent me home, saying they needed the bed.
Bub had an allergic to the formula the SCN staff had been trying to force bub to have (desperate to get bub to gain weight). It made bub even sicker, & bub's condition became worse.
After begging to hospital to let me stay with bub, & not taking no for an answer, I was allowed to stay. Being there to bond with bub, & BF around the clock allowed bub & I to improve health wise & bub was able to gain just enough weight to be released. Bub slowly but surely gained weight, even though she is smaller than average kids her age.

#94 Ms JuLs

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (charlottesmum04 @ 25/10/2012, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh emnut just   bbighug.gif

Just know that there is nothing you could of done to change any of this. You are not responsible and nothing that anyone can do will be the determination between whether any of the support they need to provide will create extra issues or not.  It sadly is the luck of the draw.    hands.gif and hopeing that little tiny henry is a strong lucky boy and you will be looking back on these times in many years times while watching him run amok and getting cranky at all the mess he's making and how he's not doing his homework.

I'm so happy I've made 37 weeks.  I ran into the midwife who saw me come in at 33weeks when i was in pre-term labour last night at the antenatal class.  She was very pleased to see me still with a belly.  I have developed obstetric cholestasis in the last few days and its driving me nuts ( a severe itching without a rash due to a liver issue) but they tell me because i'm 37 weeks they dont need to treat it as it will go away as soon as bubs is born and that should be soon.  After everything i now cant wait to have her.  So many of the bubs on the DIG on facebook have been born already.  Seeing all the gorgeous girls has made me very very clucky.  Finally finished antenatal classes last night so feel like we are all ready for whenever.  Bring it on!!

I too have severe itching! I have no idea what's causing it. I've been scratching all over till I bleed. I am 36 wks +4.
Will be seeing my OB in a few days time, so will be waiting to find out what she says.
I just thought it's maybe hormonal changes. :S

#95 tanglez

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

This forum is either going mad or completely quiet lol!

TJ and Lozzlots, really sorry to hear about your experience with the hospital visits, that must be really disappointing sad.gif Hopefully none of it will matter when it comes to the birth and afterwards.

Emnut - what can I say? I cannot fathom what you are going through and my heart goes out to you, hugs.

Ms Julz - Welcome original.gif

Charlottesmum - wooo hooo making it to 37 weeks, was really touch and go there for a while, fabulous news! Hope you have managed to get some sleep lol!

Stormgirl - keep us posted on how things are progressing!

AFM - 39 weeks and 3 days here, where did the time go?! Feeling pretty good and about as organised as can be! I sold my car yesterday which was a relief and had my meeting to confirm full teaching registration, so bubs is welcome to come along whenever he sees fit now that my to do list is complete! Had planned on freezing meals but decided not to with the warm weather coming up so just stocking up on simple things to cook like salmon fillets, vegie burgers and tinned stuff like lentils, chickpeas, beans etc that will go with a salad! Worst case scenario I will tell people they can't meet the baby unless they bring food lmao! It is so strange walking around thinking "any day now"!

Anyways, wishing everyone all the best and looking forward to the next birth announcement!

#96 ~A2~

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.