Due in Nov 2012 Chat Thread #12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
95 replies to this topic

#51 chic mummy

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

Belated happy birthday storm girl i hope you had a great night. get some lite and easy desserts next time and stick a candle in it. you deserve at least one little small sweet thing on your birthday.

sorry i will come back later to see how everyone else is doing im now officially late for a brekkie date with MIL.

#52 lelula

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Emnut, your last post made me cry. I just can't imagine what you and your family are going through, I'm so sorry to hear Henry isn't doing well still. Thoughts and prayers are with you hon.

Charlottesmum - still hanging in there??

Stormgirl - hope you got to have your cake! How are you feeling now with the insulin?

TJ - glad to hear all is going well with you and bubs. How was the beach? We've had some awesome weather here too, can't wait to get to the beach with the dog. And daylight saving starts this weekend too original.gif

Suz - we did the nursery a pale purple/pink with very pale grey skirtings and architrave. If I had any technical abilities whatsoever I'd post a pic! I'll try and work that out at some point. Pale blue and white would be beautiful too, we thought about that but saw this colour combination and loved it.

MissLizzie - the hot flushes and headspins were the reason I ended up leaving work a bit early. Hang in there!! (PS am currently addicted to Calippos!!)

MakkaPakka - my sister had irritable uterus that got worse in each pregnancy. She was bed-bound for most of her last (third) one. Take it easy!!

Getting more and more movement this week. Not so much the gentle little kicks, the kicks I get are massive ones but mostly it just feels like she's trying to dig her way out my bellybutton! Extremely emotional, very tired and uncomfortable. My tummy looks like it's defying gravity still, she doesn't want to drop at all. I actually got stuck mid-roll in bed the other night which amused DH no end wacko.gif

Hi to everyone else, hope all is going well biggrin.gif

#53 catty81

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

hi everyone. just wanted to let you all know that our precious bubba Charlize was born yesterday morning by emergency caesar at 34w6d.  She weighs a healthy prem size of 6lbs5oz. She is in nicu needing a fair bit of help with breathing and will most likely remain there until she reaches term around 38 weeks.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your pregnancies and can't wait to hear about and see pics of your gorgeous babies!

#54 Ms_Jae

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

Congrats Catty!!!! Hope you both are doing well...  bbighug.gif

#55 Suz01

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:31 AM

Oh Catty, congratulations!!!A little girl, love the name. Wishing you both health and hugs!!!

#56 MalibuZoo

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Congrats Catty - wishing your precious little girl an uneventful journey through nicu.

#57 emnut

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Congratulations Catty - Carlize is a great size.  I hope that her breathing assistance starts to ease off over the next few days & your NICU journey is nothing like ours has been.

#58 chloe69

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Welcome to the world Charlize!
bbighug.gif

#59 lelula

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:36 PM

Congrats Catty, beautiful name for your beautiful little girl. Hope Charlize thrives and you all get to be a family at home very soon xx

#60 Suz01

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hi girls, I'm still working but felt the need to leave work and sit in the tub at home... getting lower back discomfort, feelings of pressure and my legs ache. I've had one normal delivery with DD and not a single ache/BH with her until it was go time at 41+1. I'm 34 wks today. Still feeling not right after being home some 6 hrs but feel it would be a waste of time going into get checked with any show or leaking fluid. WDYT? Am I putting bubs at risk?

#61 emnut

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Suz -  give your hospital/ob a call & see what they say- I'd rather feel silly if nothing is going on than regret later that I should have gone.  Even with no leak etc they can check for contractions & to check your cervix etc.

Thanks for all your thoughts for Henry.  After a totally gut wrenching weekend, today we agreed with drs that we will continue with the current treatments he is having but if he crashes again or his bowel perforates again there won't be any further intervention for him.  I'm kind of feeling like I just want to hide under our doona in a corner of my room & have DH let me know when he is out of any danger.

#62 Suz01

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Oh Emnut. What an awful decision to have to make. I cannot tell you how hopeful I  am that Henry picks up. Love and hugs. What it would take to write that I cannot understand how you are keeping it together.  bbighug.gif

#63 chic mummy

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

lozzylots - i get stuck mid-roll too at night and of course my DH giggles like a child instead of helping me turn. ive been emotional as well. was watching the human body show on gem tonight and there were lots of tears.

T.J - hope you had a great day at the beach. i cant wait for christmas my DH takes 2/3 weeks off work and i'll be able to go to the beach them with our little bub as well.

emnut - im so sorry you had to make that decision it would not have been an easy one to make, i am praying and wishing little henry lots of health and recovery for yourself and the family as well. i am so sorry you have to go through this and i cant even say i know what you're going through to be able to provide some better words.

catty81 - congratulations i hope little charlize and yourself are doing fine. and i also hope she has an uneventful journey through the NICU. when your ready id love to see a picture of your little gorgeous girl.

afm - seeing as the end of this week will be the middle of october i am getting more and more excited seeing as all of us and myself are all that one step closer to meeting our babies as well. im currently gushing over everything baby and watching the human body tonight with the babies has made me a little bad on the emotional i want to hold my baby side at the moment. wont be long though. the usual is still happening with me. baby is kicking and swimming around happily i think. the last half week ive had pains from my right ribs but there getting better. i guess its just baby getting all cosy and kicking them as i could feel him very high last week.

today i stayed home from work with tummy pains. felt like i had eaten something that hadnt quite agreed with me and ive been getting little pains which im believing to be braxton hicks which are getting stronger and longer.. ahh the joys. Overall not much to report from me.

#64 MalibuZoo

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

Morning ladies, sorry have Mia for a few days. Finding it hard to find time to reply. I have been popping in regularly to read up though.

Emnut - I'm so sad to read that you have had to make such a decision for Henry with further treatment. I will pray for little Henry and you and your family that he finds the strength to fight off the infections and gets stronger everyday. I have no idea how you are feeling or what you are going through. Thinking of you.

Suz - how did you survive the night? Did you ring the hospital? What did you decide to do?

Catty - how is little Charlize going?

Afm - well not much to report, will be seeing obs on thurs after a 5 week gap. Hopefully will be able to come in and say baby has turned head down.

Have a good day

#65 tanglez

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

This post may just have to be a little bittersweet...

Catty81 - big congratulations, sounds like everything is going really well despite the early delivery! I hope you are all healthy and basking in the glow of your gorgeous new addition to the family!

Emnut - your strength continues to amaze me, you areliving proof that in the moment human beings actually have vast wells of resilience to draw from. No one would blame you if you hid your head until everything is better. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that Henry taps into his own depths of strength. Sending much love and light.

AFM - 37 weeks and 1 day original.gif Feeling pretty good with just some swelling and sore hands from carpal tunnel! Can't wait to meet him but also enjoying the time I have still being pregnant. Am going to miss this big bump (and will even miss the giggles as I wake myself up stuck rolling over wink.gif

Belly rubs and baby kisses all round!

#66 Ms_Jae

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hey ladies... I am feeling so tired the last few days.. I haven't done much, but I want to sleep lots. Is this normal before due date?

I feel like I haven't slept for days. ssleep.gif ddown.gif

#67 bubbatime

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Stormgirl - That's how I felt with my first, once I finished work I had day naps every day for two weeks straight and after that, I spent the following two weeks resting everyday in front of the tv and doing not much but going out here and there.  I was exhausted!

I thought I'd be like that this time too but so far so good, and I've been chasing a toddler around.  Maybe next week when I finish work I'll eat my words and be sleeping every day. original.gif  HopefullY!  I miss sleep.  My DS gets up at 5am these days, every day...

#68 caroldiem

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hi girls,

Don't know if you guys remember me or not I lost Michael in July i just came in here to wish you all the best with your bubbas, hoping they all come safely into this world and that you guys don't have any problems. Spring Chickadee has been keeping me updated, i want to thank you all again for your support and the lovely gifts i received.

Emnut - My heart just broke reading about your Henry if you need someone to talk to i am here i understand what you are going through it is a very hard time and nothing anyone can say or do can make it better except Henry getting better.

bringing babies into the world is truly a miracle i hope the next few weeks go by very fast for all of you

bbighug.gif

Caroline

#69 hiccamups

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

Emnut, I'm sending you cyber arms right now.  I am so sorry to hear your update and I wish you all the strength you can muster.  It breaks my heart that you have to go through this.

Catty, congratulations on the safe delivery of your precious DD.  I wish her an easy transition off the air and safely into your arms.

Caroline, thank you for popping in.  I've been following your journey and I wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you. x

#70 franno

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

Just wanted to say Hi to Emnut and I am thinking of you and sending all positive and courageous thoughts your way.

Also ... Lovely surprise to see a message from you Caroline .... Thanks for popping in and saying Hi.

Everyone else - read your updates and glad everything is going well (apart from the aches and pains that we are all generally feeling - some worse than others).

Sorry for no post it's late for me now but I'll update soon. No news from me, all going along as normal. 35+3. I posted a pic of my big bump on FB today but I haven't perfected the art of updating pics on EB!!

#71 catty81

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi everyone. Just a quick update on baby Charlize. She has been doing ok but its a case of two steps forward then a step back.  She still has a lot she needs to do to get healthy. being my second nicu i thought this would be easier. its horrible no matter how many times you have dealt with it. The nurses are very professional but are lacking in bedside manner and tact. they seem to forget the human side to it. i get told all the time not to touch Charlize or things like she had a good night after i left. i take it to heart too much but its so wrong for anyone to tell a mum she can't touch her bub.

i hope everyone is ok. i know the last few weeks of pregnancy are tough but every day your but stays cooking is so good for them.

Emnut i truly feel for you. spending time in nicu  has given me some perspective but i can never imagine how hard it is for you. i think of you often and hope precious Henry finds the strength he needs.

#72 Ms_Jae

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Aww Catty.. I wouldnt put up with it.. How can you not touch your baby.. I would be b**ching big time.. Hard enough for her to be in there as it is..
Keep your chin up and if you need to vent.. you know we are all here..  bbighug.gif

#73 10to10

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm very rarely on EB these days but just wanted to pop in to say hi and to say to emnut that I'm thinking of you - I have everything crossed that little Henry surprises all the doctors and doesn't have any more setbacks. I can't imagine all the suffering that you and your family have had to go through. Lots of love and hugs.

And caroldiem, it's lovely to hear from you!

C
x

#74 lelula

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi all

Just a quick update, not feeling the best today. Had gastro/food poisoning yesterday so still a bit yuck. But had some good news at my 36 week check, bubs has finally turned head down so c section is now unlikely original.gif And the OB I saw seems to think she's not that big too, so I'm feeling a lot happier about the birth now.

Thinking of our DIG early bubs, and appreciate your thoughts Caroline too.

TJ - we're also birthday buddies, it's mine Sunday too. That's nice that your mum is coming to stay. And I always love hearing about mums who like it when their kids are home from school, my mum always loved it when us girls were on holidays.

Stormgirl - yes...so so so tired.

In fact I'm heading back to bed now!! Thinking of everyone and looking forward to news of bubs that are healthy and on time original.gif Getting extra exciting now

#75 chic mummy

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hello all,

Tanglez - hopefully that good feeling continues and i hope you swelling does not get anyworse.

stormgirl77 - i am also going through the stage where all i want is sleep so im guessing it must be normal. My midwife keeps telling just sleep and rest - we'll need to be as well rested for the labour as we can.

bubbatime - hopefully your DS in a week decides that he needs lots of extra sleep too so you can catch up on some of your own.

Caroline - thanks so much for popping in.

catty81 - i hope you get some nurses soon that have a better bedside manner. i cant say i know exactly how you feel but i can image it would be hard to be told not to touch your newborn bub when all you want to do is cuddle her. Hopefully she'll be fine and out soon so you can enjoy your family time with her. xx

T.J - your pulled ligaments sound painful. Its good baby is still head down and engaged though, AND its 1:00am where i am so official HAPPY BIRTHDAY  ddance.gif have a great day. .

lozzylots - not good to hear about your gastro/ food poisoning although great news about bubs being head down and yay for reduced changed for C -Section. Its great to hear your feeling happier about the birth as well now.

As for myself - i finished up work a week early. so im done for a year now. i need to rest as my blood pressure has been low and today i broke out in hives. from  my pups hair as well. So strange hasn't happened before but he is beginning to shed prior to summer and the excess could have gotten to me. went to the GP and he gave me a lotion to rub in and some baby safe tablets to use for it to clear but i feel great now.

i was puffy and going red - such a gorgeous site for DH to come home to. I was in the shower and he thought i had the water too hot. how wrong he was. haha

Little mister bub has been behaving and moving around lots so i am very pleased. His growth/ my tummy growth has also stabilised. It was showing 35 wks at 32 weeks and now at 34 weeks its still showing at 35 so thats good. im starting to get really excited now seeing as he isnt too far away only a few more weeks to go  ddance.gif my DH who is mister tough and shows no emotion is starting to get clucky and wants him here too.  wub.gif its a nice side to see of him.

i wish all the best and belly rubs for all the little babies that are cooking in preparation.

xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.