Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 chic mummy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

Gold... Hehe. I'm struggling to sleep at the moment with these cramps/ Braxton hicks I'm getting at the moment and I'm so sleepy luckily I had a nap when I got home from work today.

Eta. I have a midwives appointment tomorrow as a post week check up from my early labor scare. So far I've been good and everyone else by the sounds of it is doing well as well which is great but I'm struggling with my walks and long days just as most of you are. At least we can complain to each other about it to give our DH/DP a break from it.

P.s sorry if there are any errors my silly phone keeps freezing and I've pretty much given up on half my reply sad.gif stupid iPhone

All the best to all hope the next few weeks fly so we can all start our leave for those that are still working and so we can meet our little new additions too.  xx

Edited by misslizzie, 24 September 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#3 lelula

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Silver....

Yep, I'm Mrs Whingy here too. I'm so sore and tired, I've been getting really bad dizzy spells again and my skin and muscles are feeling like they just can't stretch any further. My poor dog was desexed yesterday so he and I are here together feeling very sorry for ourselves!!

Sorry, no time for personals as I'm off to the doctor for a check up. Will report back later.

#4 chloe69

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

Bronze!

Yep, whinging from me too. I am exhausted....can't sleep at night (though it is getting better)...and I feel like I am going to faint when I stand up for too long.

I've taken the week off work...just doing some work from home at my own pace...and things have improved heaps....I can highly recommend sleep ins to those who can manage to make them happen!

Sharp pains when I stand up - anyone else have these?

Chloe

#5 emnut

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Sounds like the homestretch isn't being nice to many - hopefully time will go quickly.

T.J. - so sorry that you had to make that decision for your mum's dog - so hard when it is time to let go.  Thanks for the heads up on the Target sale too - we really need to think of getting stuff for Henry since we really only have his car seat.

Lozzylots & MissLizzie - hope that all went well at your appointments. Hope you baby stays put a whle longer MissLizzie - premmies are the pits.

I have had a massive cry & meltdown today - its been coming for a while.  The past week or so Henry has been doing really well - tolerating his feeds even though they are tiny, got past his birthweight finally & spent nearly 36 hours off the ventilator & on CPAP & had moved ever so closer to the door to go across to  the SCN - got there this morning & he has had another setback & is back on the ventilator & not tolerating feeds at all anymore (making me feel bad that I stopped expressing since breast milk would be a lot easier for him to digest than formula).  Seriously starting to struggle with this rollercoaster of emotions & DH has gone back to work.  I have an appointment with my psych tomorrow so hopefully that will help to unload & go back to coping.

#6 catty81

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hi Girls,

I am whingey too.  Booked in for my iron infusion tomorrow.  Strange to say but I am really looking forward to it - i can't wait to start feeling better!  Had a doctor appointment today where they put me on insulin for the gestational diabetes.  It's not as scary as I thought it would be, infact it doesn't even hurt!

Chloe, I often get those sharp pains when I stand up.  I think they are round ligament pains?

TJ sorry to hear about your mums dog, that is so sad.  I am looking forward to the target sale, even though I have more baby stuff than I could ever need!

Emnut, sorry to hear Henry had a setback.  It must be so frustrating.  I hope your appointment with the psych goes well.  Don't feel bad about not expressing - you are going through so much right now.

#7 chic mummy

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

T.J - i am so sorry to hear that about your mums dog, it really is a hard decision to make and im sorry you had to make the decision.
Thank you for letting us know about the baby sale. Thats going to come in handy i have a few items i still need.

also sorry to be a pain. may i be added onto the roll call. im due 24th Nov and its a boy. Only if you can, ta.

Emnut - im so sorry your baby henry has had this setback. we are all here for you and you have us as a support network as well. you may also PM any time you need someone to chat too. I can only imagine how difficult this must be now that your DH has gone back to work. im sending all my love and best wishes to henry to get back to 100% very soon.

Catty81 - i hope your iron infusion goes well tomorrow, all the best. i hope you start feeling better and refreshed not long after. Fingers crossed. Let us know.

as for myself - i had my midwives appointment today and all is going good and well. i consider myself lucky as i am so happy with the midwife i have. she can make jokes and be funny about the whole experience which for me is a bonus as it puts me at ease and i have a goofy husband so it makes me feel so much more comfortable to have her around DH & I as our support network when our baby is being delivered because we all get along so well. i have another appointment in a few weeks and then its weekly appointments for me. if it wasn't for her i probably would be scared of the labour although she has enabled me to be calm about it and not worry at all. i can at least say im not scared like i used to be, which is something i am so glad for, for my mental state anyway.

I had a breakdown on saturday when i realised OH MY GOSH! i have 9 weeks left and then a little baby can be ruling this house hold. i can't believe it has come around so quickly but now i am in total bliss and really excited about it. but i have a feeling this "breakdown" will be constant till this little man is here as the weeks creep by.

I really hope everyone else is doing great hugs and best wishes to all. not long to go.  original.gif

#8 lelula

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Emnut - big hugs to you, if that is your first proper melt down then you are the strongest woman I know of. You can only have your heart broken so many times before you lose it. Well done, stay strong and remember we are all sending Henry our best wishes to get strong and healthy. Let us know how you go at your appointment today, hope you are feeling a lot better.

TJ - thanks for your well wishes, Jasper is doing well. A little sore and sleepy still and definitely not appreciating the bucket on his head, but he's back to chasing the cat already so I guess he's feeling better. Deepest sympathy about Pearl, it is so hard. We went through the same thing last month with my BIL's dog, he was our puppy's best mate and it was just heartbreaking to make that decision.

Chloe - enjoy your week off! I've finished at work now and I can't put into words what a relief it is. I had to finish a few days early after nearly fainting too, I just can't be on my feet for that long anymore. I'm still tired from not sleeping during the night, but the afternoon naps are a godsend! And my GP told me those pains are likely round ligament pain too, although the more I find out about SPD the more I think I'm developing that (enough Dr Google for me!!).

Catty - how did the infusion go? Feeling better? And how are you managing the GD? No wonder you're exhausted, hope you start to feel better soon.

Miss Lizzie - yep, we're getting to the pointy end now so I guess the occasional breakdown is going to become the regular breakdown!! It's all a bit scary when it's your first and have no idea what to expect (although I'm guessing subsequent bubs are not going to be any more predictable!!). Hang in there!

Had my GP appointment yesterday. Mostly good, bubs is doing well and according to his measurements is one healthy sized little girl! He has placed his bet for 3.9kg original.gif She's still breech and as I expected he was kind of testing the waters to see how we feel about a caesarian. I know it's not ideal but I'm actually ok with it if it's necessary. She's gotta come out one way or another. I've been struggling with a UTI for a couple of weeks and it's not clearing up so I'm pretty much on weekly visits now while they try and sort that out and keep an eye on the dizziness. My asthma's flared up again too so he wants to keep tabs on that. I think that's about it... trying to relish my last few weeks of pregnancy but it's getting hard now!

#9 Ms_Jae

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hey ladies,

Well, got my GTT results and not good.. I have it sad.gif Apparently high.. Have to see a dietitian and a diabetes educator tomorrow. Supposedly goes for 2 hours.. Oh what fun.. Not looking forward to this at all.

Sorry no personals really not up to it.. but have been reading everyone's posts..

Belly rubs

#10 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:16 PM

Alacritous Andy- your signature makes me well up everytime I read it...not just in this forum but in other posts you have made on EB. I have no idea why...I just read it and think..."how beautiful"....did you make up the wording?

No, I didn't make it up.  It is an excerpt from one of mynfavourite poems.

Thought
Love came to me and said:
What do you want of me?
Save me, I said, Save me.
Love knelt down beside me
And love said:
If you knew the price
of coming to you,
you would ask nothing
but would give.

It is by Henry Dumas, an American poet.

#11 whatnamenow

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Just an update for those not in the facebook group.  After ignoring what I thought were Braxton hicks for 3 days while on holidays I went to maternity as soon as I got home only to find out that no I am in preterm labour.  I've been given steroids but the midwifed opinion is that I will give birth if not tonight then sometime in the next few days.  Typing this up from my new bed in hospital while I wait it all out.  Will keep everyone updated as much as possible.

#12 emnut

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:32 PM

Charlottesmum - I hope you last long enough at least for the steriods to take effect - often they do have the effect of slowing labour down momentarily so I hope that is the case for you.  If not I hope that she (I think it's a she from memory?) does well & has an easy journey through NICU/SCN.

Stormgirl - makes it suck even more that you've been stuffed around so much with the results now they have come back positive.  Hope you are doing a bit better after getting all the relevant information.

Lozzylots - definitely try to make the most out of the last few weeks - as uncomfortable as it would be I would rather still be pg now anyway & know the baby is getting the best possible start.

catty - hope the iron infusion has helped you out a bit

misslizzie - great you have a good midwife

AFM - Henry is still a sick lil man.  We had a meeting with his neonatal paediatrician today who confirmed that it is again the NEC causing his issues & that it is a concern that he is not recovering after his already 2 surgeries.  They are worried again about another potential perforation in his intestines happening somewhere which would mean yet another surgery.  So again we are back to hoping that the rest from feeds and antibiotics will do the trick without being convinced they will.  I ended up seeing both my psychiatrist & psychologist yesterday as my psychologist felt that the medications I'm on needed tweaking a bit given that she thinks as well as the stress of all that is going on there is also a degree of PND starting.  The meltdown was not the first time I've cried & screamed & carried on but it was definitely the most major one I've had since Henry's birth.  It wasn't helped with the realisation that with an easier run through NICU without the NEC he would be probably a week or two away from coming to a hospital that is somewhat closer to home yet that isn't even close to being on the radar yet.

#13 catty81

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi everyone.  I am actually starting to feel better.  I'm still exhausted, but I bet most of us in this group are!  My head doesn't feel as foggy as it did previously so I am able to concentrate much better.

I started insulin for my GD on Tuesday.  So far my levels have almost all been below target which is awesome.  Doing the actual injections is really scary - I cried the first few times but honestly, if you do it correctly it does not hurt one bit.

StormGirl, sorry to hear you have GD too.  It's a pain but can be easily managed.  My dietician gave me heaps of info and I learnt so much which has made a huge difference to my blood sugar levels already.  Also, don't worry about the finger pricks, they are not that bad.

Lozzylots I hope the UTI gets better.  I agree, it's so hard to enjoy the last few weeks.

Emnut I don't know what else to say but *hugs* to you and your family.

MissLizzie, that's great you have such a supportive and fun midwife!  A good midwife makes such a huge different to a pregnant woman.  They probably see it as just part of their job but we will remember how important they were to us.  I have to see doctors every week and they are not overly supportive or friendly.  Always in a rush and don't give time to ask heaps of questions.

#14 Suz01

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hi ladies, sorry have been reading but have had a very boring last few weeks so nothing to add.

Tj looks like you are getting well and truly organised with the clothing. I have a few neutral items from my DD and have been slowly stock piling little boy 000 & 0000 singlets onsies and wondersuits/all in ones. Pls someone take away my internet access.  I'm probably needing to stop, fingers crossed the radiographer got the gender right!

Emnut, you sound really strong I'm sorry it feels so long before your able to move Henry closer to gone. What a time you must be facing daily. Its good to hear you have got medical support to call on for yourself as well.

Charlottesmum, I cannot think how distressing the last few days have been. Are you in hospital at your holiday destination?or back home. Either way I send love your way and hope for a good outcome.

Lozzylots and others with pregnancy complications, it does feel like the body gets to a point it stops working 100% hope all infections clear up and others GD is managed effectively.

I just got word my boss has scheduled our external auditors to arrive for my last two weeks before mat leave, so instead of getting things in order for my replacement I'll be in knee deep in it up to 37-38 wks pregnant.I really feel like I've had to jump through hoops for the paid mat leave I'm entitled too... joy. I know its a stupid vent. Sorry guys
unsure.gif

#15 lelula

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Charlottesmum - how are you doing? Sending you well wishes and hoping bubs stays put a little longer. But if not, all the very best and stay strong. Keep us posted if you can.

Stormgirl - that sucks, after all you've been through trying to get the results!! How did you go at the dietician?

Catty - great that you're feeling better, hope you continue to.

Suz - not a stupid vent at all, that's the last thing you want to be dealing with at this point. And I know how you feel with buying stuff for a particular gender - we had a 32 week scan which confirmed girl, but up until then I'd cringe at the thought of them getting it wrong every time I bought something pink!! I feel better now but even then I know they can get it wrong wacko.gif

TJ - hit the Target sale yesterday, some good stuff but had to resist buying more clothes! It's hard not to go crazy but I want to wait until I know what size she is first too. I've been given a few 00000 items - don't think I'll be needing those somehow...

Nothing much to report here. Have had a quiet week at home with the dog! I was feeling a bit housebound so DH took me out for coffee and to Target yesterday. He's painting the nursery today original.gif (hopefully the paint fumes die down quickly!!) and might check out the Baby Bunting sale if we have time. I can't believe we only have 6 weeks to go, I'm excited and nervous and scared but mostly can't wait to meet my little girl.

#16 Ms_Jae

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hey ladies,

Well the dietitian and the diabetes educator was ok.. I just have to watch what I eat, and in small amounts.. But I get REALLY hungry, so I tend to eat a big meal.. Cant do that anymore.. I have to visit the educator every week until bubs is born, and I have to see the Obs next week for an extra visit to see if bubs is big etc..

Will know more on Thursday I guess..

#17 whatnamenow

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

They have stopped trying to stop labour.   Now getting some bad bad back pain labour.  Sharing a room.  Now been through 2 roommates. Last lady was 38 weeks and in early labour but they sent her home.  Next update will probably be a birth notice in here. As its finally to painful to type much than a quick Facebook update.

#18 Ms_Jae

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Good luck hun.. will be thinking of you!!!!

#19 MalibuZoo

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Will be stalking charlottes mum. All the best to you and baby.

Bbl for personals.....watching the footy.

#20 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Another one who will be stalking, charlottesmum.  Good luck!  I hope the steroids have given bub a good boost.

#21 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

emnut - sorry to hear Henry is unwell again. Poor little bub. And poor Mum too. I think I would break down more than once about the whole situation. Hopefully he picks up again soon.

T.J - belly is looking good.

StormGirl77 - Did the educator give you any good ways to eat healthy and not feel hungry? I hate feeling hungry, it very quickly turns to me feeling sick.

lozzylots - I feel a bit housebound when I haven't been out for a while. I found it especially bad when I first had Z and was nervous about taking him out.

catty81 - glad you are feeling better

About clothing sizes, Z was 8lb 4 (3.7kg) and 53.5cm long. He went straight into size 0000, but he did fit them for about 5 or 6 weeks. The 000 were huge on him to start with. This time I have got the 0000 clothes out, but I haven't bothered with the 5x0. I figure if Valentine is a small baby, or comes early, I'll just grab them out. I wouldn't go and buy any 5x0 if you don't have any though, unless you are expecting a small baby.

AFM - I had my 10 year high school reunion last night. It was about the same as I expected. The 'popular' girls didn't bother talking to the rest of us, and everyone else got along pretty well. By midnight most of them were loud and at least semi-drunk. I stuck to Solo and people watching. Best thing was that soft drink was free! It was good to see some of my old friends and catch up, and it was just like old times.

#22 whatnamenow

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

12:30 yesterday i was in labour and was being asked to just tell them when i wanted to be moved to labour and delivery.  At 2pm they made me take the last dose of nefedipine and it stopped it again.

Discharged 9pm last night so that i can do whatever is going to happen at home.  4am this morning started getting bad back ache again and mild cramps every hour.  Now sitting at mild contractions every half hour and bad bad back ache in between so back in the beginnings of early labour.  All in all who knows i could be like this for days or wake up tomorrow with nothing and go to 40 weeks.  All i know is that they are no longer going to try and stop it.

i am just over it all. I said to DH its like running a marathon and every time you get to the  couple hundred meter mark they make you start again. After so many times you could have almost run the marathon in total but your just right back at the starting line.

i think i could end up like this for days now before anything back established sets in.  ( midwife says anything further apart then one in 10 min contractions wont really do anything to the cervix)  While i am kinda glad that thats the case ( the more days/hours whatever we can keep her in the better) i am dreading this feeling for days...

#23 lelula

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

charlottesmum - oh you poor thing!! What a nightmare this must be for you. Yes, it's great that bubs is staying where she should be, but the thought of this continuing must be driving you crazy. Stay well rested as much as you can, and know we're all thinking of you.

TJ - you look amazing!! That's a gorgeous belly original.gif I'm in Adelaide, but we've also picked up some bits and pieces from Baby Bunting. Babies R Us has been good too. At least half her clothes have been gifts though, she's definitely not going to go with nothing to wear! There is a TON of 000, especially all in ones. I realised after washing everything yesterday just how much she has. Good to know even an 8 pounder can wear 0000 though, I just have no idea!

EDZ - yeah, I've already told DH I'll have to take bubs for walks and to Grandma's as much as I possibly can or I'm going to go nuts. I'm just not good at being at home. A friend of mine didn't venture out the house for literally 8 weeks after her baby was born. I think I'd go mental.
I skipped my 10 year reunion a couple of years ago - you're braver than me original.gif

Nothing much new here (except some new stretch marks on my very tight belly). And the nursery is painted - DH has done an awesome job, I love it. Bought a chest of drawers today too so that is officially everything now. Spending the evening putting it all back into the nursery.

#24 tanglez

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

Oh Charlottesmum, as if you didn't have enough stress sad.gif You poor darling, I hope something gives someway or another to give you a break!

I had my very first Monday of holidays without my partners kids being here and yet was awake at 5:30, so much for a sleep in lol! Had my baby shower on Saturday which made me very glad I didn't buy clothes, bubs has been INUNDATED! My mum brought two huge bags full of second hand clothes and then some. He will never wear them all but we are donating a stack of stuff to an orphanage in Sierra Leone so might just send a lot of it there.

I leiu of my sleep in I may just have to jump on the couch and watch some trashy tv!
Belly rubs all round!

#25 Suz01

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

We've all gone quiet again, I'm hoping that's due to the fun busy long weekend in NSW  wink.gif  

Just got back from visiting my maid of honor who just had baby #1 in Wang. DH had too big of a night watching league GF so my planned trip had an unexpected companion, my soon to be 2 year old. I was surprised at how good she was around a new born. Kept putting her finger out to be grabbed by her baby, she was interested in the whole breast feeding concept as well pulling her own shirt down!

Was a total unexpected relaxing weekend with BBQ s everywhere and feeling like a was reconnecting with my friends again after only focussing on toddler, work, pregnancy and our business. About time!

Any news from Charlottesmum?

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend too and belly rubs!

Tanglez nice work on the baby shower!!Its really a fun way to stay in touch plus get a little spoilt while your in one piece still!

Lozzy what colour did you guys go in the nursery? I'm still trying to decide. I've been checking the paint websites and thinking a very pale blue. More white than anything.

Gotta go... dinner is calling. Loudly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.