Would you let your 15 year old watch the human centipede? Or wolf creek?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Cheeseontoast

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Just curious?

#2 Liv_DrSperm_sh

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

Human Centipede is a cinematic travesty and shouldn't be viewed by anyone!

Wolf creek was pretty scary, I don't know if I'd 'let' a 15 year old watch it, but I also wouldn't keel over in shock if they did.

#3 MrsLexiK

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

It would depend on the child.

ETA: I love horror and don't get scared by it, if my 15 yr old was like me I would watch it first and see. If my child was like my sister or my nephew - hell no.

Edited by MrsLexiK, 24 September 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#4 ~iMum~

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

Wolf creek - depends on the child.

Human centipede - I haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing no.

#5 ~buzz~

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

I don't have a 15 year old but based on what I was like at that age wolf creek yes human centipede no way in hell I wish I had never watched it

#6 tribemama

I wouldnt let them, but then if they are watching it at someone elses house (as teens do) there isnt much I can do about it. Just like my parents never let us watch any of those movies, but movies nights at friends houses meant I was exposed to horror movies and Bad Boy Bubby and other such movies...unbeknownst to their parents.

#7 TenYears

Absolutely not.  For starters, they're both rated R18+.  

And secondly, from what I can tell from the descriptions of both of them (particularly the former), they're movies that you'd just feel a little worse for having watched.  A kid would be better off using those couple of hours for something less utterly without merit.

#8 ubermum

Yep.

My grandma rented "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" for my sister and I when we were 10 and 12. We are horror movie buffs who used to pick on the movies for the bits that didn't look real. At the end of the movie, we used to watch it in rewind and watch victims come back to life. lol. We never got scared. We were taught from a young age that it is acting, not real.

#9 emlis22

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

I dont think ANYONE should see Human Centipede. Big fat NO.

As for Wolf Creek, possibly... I only got through 20 mins of it, but I'm a bit of a sook when it comes to those types of movies rolleyes.gif

Edited by emlis22, 24 September 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#10 Vanilla-Cupcakes

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

Human centipede...absolutely not. I wouldn't even support it if they were 40! It's a disgusting vile movie.

Wolf creek is the 'better' of the two, but a 15 year old, I would still say no as I think it's R18 and I found it very gory myself, and Im an adult!

#11 PrincessPeach

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

Wolf creek would depend upon the child.

The scream movies were released when i was that age & they were very popular viewing.

I've heard about the human centerpede & the thought of it is enough to make me ill, let alone watching it - though i'm a queesy whimp.

#12 MrsLexiK

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Sevenyears @ 24/09/2012, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Absolutely not. For starters, they're both rated R18+.

And secondly, from what I can tell from the descriptions of both of them (particularly the former), they're movies that you'd just feel a little worse for having watched. A kid would be better off using those couple of hours for something less utterly without merit.

I've never felt worse for watching horror flick, I actually tend to laugh through some of them.

#13 TenYears

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

We never got scared. We were taught from a young age that it is acting, not real.

I wouldn't be worried about a 15 year old being scared or knowing it's not real.  I'm just not interested in condoning the idea of sexual abuse and torture as entertainment.

I've never felt worse for watching horror flick, I actually tend to laugh through some of them.

For me - that level of desensitization is precisely the problem.  

Edited by Sevenyears, 24 September 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#14 bunnee

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Sevenyears @ 24/09/2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't be worried about a 15 year old being scared or knowing it's not real.  I'm just not interested in condoning the idea of sexual abuse and torture as entertainment.

For me - that level of desensitization is precisely the problem.

I don't have a 15 year old but I have to agree with Sevenyears on this one.

#15 ~Nodnol~

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

Wolf Creek, I wouldn't be terribly upset if a 15 year old saw it. I didn't think it was that bad- I kept waiting for the really terrible bits that had people hysterical with fear and then it finished.  cool.gif

The Human Centipede- no I wouldn't. It sounds absolutely foul and until I'm willing to sit through it (which would be never) then my 15 year old wouldn't be watching it. THAT one has me  sick.gif

Changed my opinion on Wolf Creek- while I don't remember it as any worse than some other movies, I reread the synopsis and I'd hold off as long as I could.

Edited by ~Nodnol~, 24 September 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#16 JaneDoe2010

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (emlis22 @ 24/09/2012, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont think ANYONE should see Human Centipede. Big fat NO.

I agree with that. One tiny glimpse into that movie with a trailer is enough for me to wonder WTF is wrong with some people, making stuff like that.  blink.gif  sick.gif

QUOTE (Sassy Girl @ 24/09/2012, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't heard of the Human Centipede.

DO NOT GOOGLE IT!!! If you must, just read text. No video's. TRUST ME.

As for the OP, no, I would not. DEFINITELY to Human Centipede and I'd certainly rather not to Wolf Creek.

#17 Leafprincess

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

Human centipede should never have been allowed to be mad into a movie in the first place.

I think allowing a 15year old to watch such filth should be considered abuse.

Edited by lucky 2, 24 September 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#18 Stellajoy

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

You can see the human centipede trailer on YouTube. i dont recommend it!  revolting.

#19 wilding

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

I've seen both and wouldn't recommend it, my 19 year old brother won't watch them.

Number 2 had 32 scenes cut from it before it could get a rating in the UK as they originally refused to rate it, Australia rated it, then banned it then re-rated it.

Edited by lucky 2, 24 September 2012 - 10:07 PM.
r/o deleted content

#20 geckosrule

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

You are kidding right?

Do you even have to ask?

both movies are rated R

No way would I let them watch either of them especially human centipede.  I've heard enough about it that I never want to see it!

#21 rabbit hyde

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

It would depend on the 15 year old.

I've been a huge movie buff from a very early age and loved horror especially.  I never got nightmares or felt troubled by it.  I was always fascinated by the talent of the make up artists and the cinematography and everything about the movie.

If my child was like me at that age,  I probably would.  I'd probably be watching it with them and dissecting it in detail afterwards.

#22 Amy 1976

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Wolf creek is R rated to it is not meant to be watched by anyone under 18 year of age.

Personally, I wouldn't let a 15 year old watch it because I'd worry that it would make them fearful. It also deals with some pretty macabre / perverted topics which don't seem to be suitable for teenagers. Once they've seen it, they can't unsee it so I'd be inclined to wait.

I saw Wolf Creek at the cinema when it was first released. By the time the movie ended, I reckon about half of the audience had left. It was just so harrowing. I wish I'd left.

Nobody should ever watch The Human Centipede.

#23 idignantlyright

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (tribemama @ 24/09/2012, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldnt let them, but then if they are watching it at someone elses house (as teens do) there isnt much I can do about it. Just like my parents never let us watch any of those movies, but movies nights at friends houses meant I was exposed to horror movies and Bad Boy Bubby and other such movies...unbeknownst to their parents.

Bad boy bubby was one I watched and I actually felt sorry for him. There are some disturbing scenes but if you look behind all that, you see that the story wasn't actually too bad.
QUOTE (Leafprincess @ 24/09/2012, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Human centipede should never have been allowed to be mad into a movie in the first place.
I think allowing a 15year old to watch such filth should be considered abuse.

Where were the rape scenes in it?
I watched it because I read all the comments of DD13's schoolfriends who had watched it, and do not remember a rape scene. BTW none of the kids have seen it. It is definitely something I would not let them watch.

OMG I didn't know there was a third. I haven't even watched the trailer for the 2nd movie.
QUOTE (wilding @ 24/09/2012, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen both and wouldn't recommend it, my 19 year old brother won't watch them.

Number 2 had 32 scenes cut from it before it could get a rating in the UK as they originally refused to rate it, Australia rated it, then banned it then re-rated it.

They can get it on the internet or Itunes which is where I found it.
If a teenager wants a movie or game, then no matter what the rating it is out there for them to get their hands on if they want it bad enough.

For those who like Aiden on Neighbours, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT watch the movie ROAD TRAIN.

Edited by lucky 2, 24 September 2012 - 10:09 PM.
r/o deleted content

#24 BetteBoop

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (MrsLexiK @ 24/09/2012, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While holding a severed human head?

#25 wilding

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (idignantlyright @ 24/09/2012, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad boy bubby was one I watched and I actually felt sorry for him. There are some disturbing scenes but if you look behind all that, you see that the story wasn't actually too bad.

Where were the rape scenes in it?
I watched it because I read all the comments of DD13's schoolfriends who had watched it, and do not remember a rape scene. BTW none of the kids have seen it. It is definitely something I would not let them watch.

OMG I didn't know there was a third. I haven't even watched the trailer for the 2nd movie.

They can get it on the internet or Itunes which is where I found it.
If a teenager wants a movie or game, then no matter what the rating it is out there for them to get their hands on if they want it bad enough.

Yeah I know, I was a teenager at one stage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tell us what you think

to WIN 1 of 2 $500 Coles/Myer gift cards

Dealing with a toddler's morning tantrums

Your schedule is not important to your two-year-old, and you cannot convince her otherwise. So what can you do?

Child in suitcase 'could have died eight years ago'

A child whose remains were dumped in a suitcase in the South Australian bush is believed to have been a girl aged between two-and-a-half to four.

MP breastfeeds baby during parliamentary session

An Argentinian mum and politician has caused a stir on social media after being filmed breastfeeding her baby.

My baby's first seizure

It was 1am on a cold winter's night when I woke suddenly to the screams of my 12-month-old son. Our lives were about to change forever.

Portable pools 'more dangerous than permanent ones'

Inflatable and portable children's pools may be required to be sold with compulsory fencing to prevent backyard drownings, with some experts even floating the idea of a ban.

Heartbreaking moment mum kisses her one-week-old goodbye

At 11.07am on April 2 this year, Sarah Marriott welcomed baby Sebastian into the world.

The amazing Tee Pee bed and kid-friendly Frankie Bunk bed

These kids' beds definitely fit the brief of providing personality and personal space for little people who are moving up in the world.

The funny things kids say when you're pregnant

Since becoming noticeably pregnant, my son has taken more of an interest in the sibling he'll soon have.

The real problem with having one child

In this age of political correctness, it seems the one subject still subject to discrimination is that of the Only Child.

Six-week-old baby found dead, believed stabbed

A neighbour heard a child screaming before a baby was found dead, believed to have been stabbed, in a house in Newcastle.

The fire hazard in more than 70,000 Australian homes

So far, 206 Samsung washing machines have caught fire and some have exploded. But many remain in people's homes.

How having a baby can bring on OCD

We all know that having a baby can turn your life upside down - and it can also bring a raft of new anxieties and worries.

IVF gender selection being considered for Australian parents

Couples using IVF may be able to choose the gender of their babies and women could be financially compensated for donating their eggs.

The best age to get married (according to the latest study)

Not too young, and not too old. That's reportedly the best age to get married. Not everyone agrees.

Yes, you can get pregnant before your period returns post-baby

After giving birth, the last thing you want to think about is contraception. But you can get pregnant before your period comes back.

Fellow diner rewards mum after toddler's tantrum

Parents of toddlers everywhere know the feeling. After working up the courage to take your child out for lunch or dinner in public you are rewarded with a mid-meal meltdown. 

IKEA begins massive safety campaign after two toddler deaths

Two children were killed when pieces from their Malm furniture line tipped over.

Beaneasy: sweet nursery furniture with a twist

If you're looking to introduce an organic element into your baby's nursery but want to step away from natural timber, we have the perfect alternative.

A dad's guide to hyperemesis

I am in no way qualified to advise women on how to cope with hyperemesis, but I've learnt some lessons that might be worth sharing with other partners.

Woman adopts best friend's four daughters after cancer tragedy

Best friends share everything - and for these two life-long friends, that includes family.

Baby Leo's mum excluded from $500K trust 'for her own protection'

Samuel Forrest didn't want his wife as a trustee of their baby Leo's half million dollar trust for her own "protection", it has emerged.

Confirmed: men gain weight when they become dads

Men who become fathers experience weight gain and an increase in body mass index, a measurement of body fat based on height and weight, according to a new, large-scale study

Carer investigated over washing machine photo posted 'for a laugh'

She said the photo of a boy with Down syndrome in a washing machine was taken just for fun, but no one else was laughing.

Mum's premature labour nightmare after high tea salmonella outbreak

An opulent high tea at a luxury Melbourne hotel has left 44 people with salmonella poisoning - including a pregnant woman, who went into early labour.

The day my son started a fire

Would you know what to do in a fire emergency? How safe is your home and family?

Prince George celebrates second birthday

Prince George's second birthday has been marked by the release of an official picture showing the toddler smiling as he is held by his proud beaming father.

Which beauty treatments are safe in pregnancy?

Is it safe to use fake tan, hair dye and nail varnish during pregnancy?

The five ways I know my 'baby' is no longer a baby

The truth is, I can no longer deny that my walking, babbling, somewhat-independent little miss is no longer a bona fide 'baby'.

Review: Cybex Platinum PRIAM pram

I'm not usually one who believes in love at first sight but that's exactly what happened when I first saw the Cybex PRIAM.

Get your FREE Baby & Toddler Show ticket!

Get your free ticket to the Sydney Essential Baby & Toddler Show for September 25-27 - register online now.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Tell us what you think

to WIN 1 of 2 $500 Coles/Myer gift cards

Why I'm choosing to be a single mother right from the start

I believe that you get out of families what you put into them, and I will give mine my all.

Mother and baby units are a necessity for mental health, not a luxury

I have had two postnatal psychotic episodes. The first when my eldest child was six weeks old, and another after my second child was born.

30 French baby names

French names are always in fashion, but a few have risen in popularity in recent years.

New mum's Spanish maternity nightmare

A British woman who gave birth in Spain has told of her ordeal after spending weeks trying to convince medics the baby girl was hers.

Preparing Rover to be a good dog with baby

Some friends of ours say that it's dangerous to have a dog around a newborn and that we should start looking for a new home for him. Is it?

Company offers to ship working mums' breast milk home

First Apple and Facebook announced they would pay $20,000 towards the cost of their female employees freezing their eggs, now IBM in the US has come up with an innovative new policy aimed at retaining female employees.

Prince William speaks of his pride at wife Kate and 'little joy of heaven' Charlotte

The Duke of Cambridge opened up about family life and his plans for the future in an interview to mark his first day as an air ambulance pilot.

'Glowing' eye saves baby Mason's life

A simple photo taken in front of an evening fire gave new mother Sarah Bowers the power to save her baby's life. 

Parenting and decision overload

Of all the advice people told me before having a baby, no one warned me about the amount of decisions involved.

Proof that toddlers can't be left unsupervised - ever

Parents of toddlers all know the moment when realise your child is being suspiciously quiet. It can only mean one thing - trouble!

Meet Jeremy Ryan, The Voice contestant with seven kids

If you have trouble recalling the ages of Jeremy Ryan's seven children on The Voice, you're not alone. So does he.

Baby's adorable reaction to wearing glasses for the first time

Getting glasses can be a formative moment in a person's life.

Police officer buys supplies for family after mum of six caught shoplifting

When a mum of six was caught shoplifting nappies, clothes and shoes for her kids, the last thing she expected was for a stranger to pay for her haul.

Why pregnant women on antidepressants shouldn’t panic about birth defect claims

The risk of having uncontrolled depression is far greater than the small increased risk of birth defects that may be associated with specific antidepressants.

Arrests made over children's birthday party brawl

Police have raided properties and arrested a number of people over a brawl at a child's birthday party at a play centre in Sydney's west.

Family shares awesome drone baby announcement

Looking for a creative way to share some big news? Look to the skies, like this family did.

Young warrior Owen defies doctors' predictions

Little Owen DiCandilo's name means "young warrior", and it's a description that perfectly fits the inspiring 18-month-old

Advice for dads: when to approach your wife for sex

The exhaustion that comes with caring for young children often means romance between parents becomes a thing of the past.

I might be fat, but I don't need saving

I've been fat for pretty much most of life, besides a few crazy moments of being less-fat, but for the most part I've existed on this earth with a little more meat on my bones than desirable.

The rookie mistakes we make as parents

Since the dawn of civilisation, generation after generation of new parents have had to rely on instinct, trial and error - and sometimes get it wrong.

FREE TICKET

See Pinky McKay live in Sydney

Get your free ticket to The Essential Baby & Toddler Show and save $20 - register online now!

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.