#1 lucky 2

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi,

Time for a new thread.

The link to the old one is here.

Enjoy original.gif.

#2 deejie

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

I can't believe I fed the kids junk today - Oliver is still up and driving me nuts. Argh!

Dino, you DO have a reputation to uphold biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you both had fun! DS2 is a much improved baby today. It's times like these I am thankful for modern medicine. It's amazing the difference nearly 24 hours on antibiotics makes-- he is back to his normal self. Yesterday was not fun though, with a crying sick baby and a feral DS1 who was NOT impressed that Mum's plans to head to a play centre did not come to fruition. Oh, the whinging. Three year olds certainly know how to carry on!

Ange Vert, yes, I definitely think you pass as tolerable wink.gif

#3 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

waves.gif

Any hawthorn supporters? We had a MG party yesterday and I made the cup cakes, I especially decorates a few of the chocolate ones in hawks colours just in case and they were the only ones left to be sent home laughing2.gif

In related news - we had our catch up yesterday at Wood hall, hawthorn, it was great - a bouncy castle, loads of toys for inside and out, tea, coffee and food making facilities...etc. We paid $5 each but I gather it would be one price depending on how many people there were - but it's big and well equipped with indoor and outdoor areas so it may be an idea for future meet ups (or something similar).

What did everyone do on the weekend?

I thought I best post again since Lucky2 went to the trouble of starting a new thread - we better keep it going biggrin.gif

#4 Fyn Angelot

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

We took DD on her first picnic!

This was actually (even if I say so myself) a brilliant piece of misdirection.  My parents wanted to come and visit, my house was a mess and I didn't have time or energy to get it to a good standard.  So I suggested that since the weather was so gorgeous on Saturday, they help us to take DD on her first picnic and pitched it as a special grandparent moment.  Seemed to work  cool.gif

Of course, she spent half of it asleep in the pram, but a good time was had by all, so no loss there.

#5 firsttimemummy18

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

We had a busy weekend. It was my grandpa's 80th birthday on Sunday so that was lots of fun.  Kids ran around, loved the attention.

DS isn't sleeping well since his injections last week.  So I am pretty tired these days.  It had only been a month or so since he started sleeping through again (he's always done this on and off) so I'm thinking some tough love may be needed to make sure I retain my sanity!  Will wait a week or so to see if he returns to normal by himself..  The bending over patting constantly means my back is agony as well!

Blech.. I hate hearing myself complain.. I promise I'm not normally this bad! wink.gif

#6 deejie

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Dinosaurus @ 24/09/2012, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any hawthorn supporters?

ME! biggrin.gif I sure had a few nail biting moments on Saturday, but phew. We made it. DH is from Sydney and so is a Swans supporter. I am not speaking to him for the rest of the week  ph34r.gif

I was pondering if I should take a 3 year old and a 9 month old to see the grand final parade on Friday. Madness, I know. But *I* want to see it!

Ange Vert, that's very good grandparent management skills you have there wink.gif

On the weekend, DS1 went on his first holiday to my parent's house in the country. It's his first time away from home without me and the house is so quiet without him. I miss him so much. Mind you, he is having a blast. As soon as DH installed his car seat in their car, he was trying to buckle himself in. Doesn't want to talk to us on the phone because he is "too busy" lol Building things in Grandad's shed, cooking with Nana, a bunch of new toys to play with and the ultimate-- constant attention from two doting adults. It's a three year old's paradise! He will NOT be happy when I drive up with DS2 tomorrow biggrin.gif

Firsttimemummy -- sometimes you have to complain to EB, because you have no one else to complain to! Hope your son starts sleeping a bit better for you soon.

#7 firsttimemummy18

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hello to all again,

I know there's a few mums in the bentleigh/east bentleigh suburbs that post in here.. And I was wondering if anyone goes to GESAC?? I use the gym there regularly and would love a gymming partner to keep me motivated!

Anyone??

Edited by firsttimemummy18, 30 September 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#8 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Ah Mummy, not only do I not go to any gym, I would not have known it was a gym except for your "workout buddy" comment laughing2.gif

Hope everyone had good GF weekends, our place was mental of course but we eventually got to park the car near the house again sometime Sunday afternoon! I tipped the Hawks but didn't care either way and am VERY happy the storm won.

I'm not free again until late October but after that I will be free every day if anyone wants to do a summery outdoorsy type meet up. I know my kids love the children's garden at the botanical gardens and that is open wed-sun, any park would be fine or obviously we can dump the kids and meet up somewhere that serves nice food and alcohol biggrin.gif

Have good weeks all.

#9 namie

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to join you all if I may? I've been absent from EB for a little while, simply distracted by other things, although now I'm back I can't remember what those other things were!

I'm sorry I've missed a few catch ups, I'm definitely in for others if possible, although October is turning out to be quite busy unfortunately. It's Mother's Group birthday season so we with the 4 kids, plus the son of another friend, we have 5 weekends of 3rd birthdays! Plus my mum and Grandma are coming to stay for DS1s birthday, then an old school friend is coming to stay for a week! Honestly, it never rains but it pours in my life, lol! November and December will be dead quiet and I'll wonder where everyone is original.gif

I'm also in the East Bentleigh area (there are rather a lot of us!) and love it!  I work Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays but am free all other days of the week and am open to evening or weekend kid-free catch ups too original.gif

I'm mid-30s with 2 boys, 3.5yrs and 1.5yrs.

firsttimemummy18, we go to GESAC every Saturday morning but for the boys swimming lessons rather than anything to do with my own fitness, lol! I love the centre though and could see myself working out one day when the finances stretch that far.

QUOTE (Dinosaurus @ 10/09/2012, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Ange so if all else fails we will see each other and have a loud conversation about Xena leaving EB original.gif

imma miss her.

Say what?

QUOTE (A.K.A @ 10/09/2012, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Xena left EB?!

What? When? I can't believe it! I'll miss her too! Gosh, I hardly recognise anyone and I don't think I was gone that long! Although, I think there have been some name changes along the way too, just to trip me up, lol!

Back on the topic of a meet up, I love the botanic gardens - anywhere the kids can run and run and run (although hopefully only in circles around our picnic blankets) is good for me.
For an enclosed park though, there's a great playground which I recently learnt of in Armadale, on Union Street. It's off Glenferrie Road a couple blocks up from the train station. There are two enclosed playgrounds, two cafes (one lovely but small, one large and perfect for lunch), plus some grassed areas to sit. It was popular from 11am onwards (I went there on a Wednesday morning) though, so may be better for an earlier catch up.

#10 Fyn Angelot

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

namie, I recognise your name although I'm not sure how long you've been away!

Here's Xena's farewell thread:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...amp;hl=Sayonara

I have a feeling I'm going to be very busy between now and the end of semester, but November is definitely looking good for me.

#11 namie

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the link Ange, I'll miss her posts a lot!

In the grand scheme of things, I was probably only absent for a couple of months but a friend of mine kept asking me if I'd read certain threads (including this one) and I hadn't. Then I realised I hadn't been on in a while so came to check things out original.gif

#12 A.K.A

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

original.gif
Just a quick post in passing to pop my head in and say hello!

#13 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

waves.gif

Hi!

My students all have exams next week so they are being more needy than usual biggrin.gif

Hope you're all doing well.

#14 tick

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Been meaning to join in - I'm in Ashburton with a 3 year old and a 3 month old (both girls).  Would love to come to a meet sometime, we're usually fairly free.  There's a fantastic park right near here that might even suit - Markham reserve playground - huge playground, all fenced in, plenty of picnic benches, BBQs and even a toilet!  And of course, free.  I like the sound of that Armadale park with the cafes too though!

Edited by tick, 03 October 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#15 firsttimemummy18

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let people know there's a meet up at Phoenix park in Malvern East on Friday 12th, at 3:30.

The more the merrier, so please come along if you're free!

#16 justthegirls

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (firsttimemummy18 @ 03/10/2012, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let people know there's a meet up at Phoenix park in Malvern East on Friday 12th, at 3:30.

The more the merrier, so please come along if you're free!

I would love to come but that time clashes with school pick up so won't be able to make it as it's a bit of a drive.

Is anyone else in the outer burbs?

#17 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

We're heading to MacArthur Park (and will be singing the stupid song for weeks - cake, did soneone leave their cake? In the rain? Tragic - lets write a 15 minute opus to it shall we)

Anyway, macArthur Park, East Malvern, tomorrow 10am.

I'm out next week but have fun wink.gif

#18 namie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

I can't make it on the 12th as my mum and grandma are visiting, and we'll be busy preparing for a 3rd birthday party that weekend!

I can meet tomorrow morning though for an hour or so, but I can't find MacArthur Park on Google maps?

#19 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

MacArthur Park

biggrin.gif

Hopefully the rain holds off - bloody Melbourne, 32 one day, 12 the next!

#20 namie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Thankyou! I actually even searched for MacArthur Street but the park isn't in 'green'!

It looks amazing and I'm going to have a hard time pulling DS1 away from the tractor when it's time to go, lol!

If it's not raining (stupid spring weather!) we'll see you there at 10am original.gif

I'm anticipating wearing dark blue jeans and a white and grey striped top, with dark brown messy/frizzy/curly hair. I'll be the mum of a speedy (or shy depending on the day) child with riotous blonde curls, and a skinny even more speedy littler one with straight hair biggrin.gif

#21 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

At the moment my son is in skinny black jeans, but he has also decided to wear undies so there is a high chance they will be wet before 10am!

I will probably wear dark blue jeans and some kind of BF top, possibly green if that one is dry (3 days at work - I don't know what's happening clothes wise!)

I am overweight and have straight brown hair that will be pulled up. My kids are demons and thus I will be the one saying "Oliver, stop climbing up that, don't jump off there, use the ladder..." biggrin.gif

#22 bearmum

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Looking forward to meeting you both! I will be in dark blue jeans, black top and purple vest jacket. My son will be going crazy with happiness at the tractor and my smaller daughter will be running in the other direction just to keep me in my toes.

See you there original.gif

#23 tick

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Darn I just read this - would have loved something to do this morning!

#24 bearmum

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (tick @ 05/10/2012, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Darn I just read this - would have loved something to do this morning!

Tick - it is a shame! It would have been lovely to meet you there this morning but I think you are coming to Phoenix Park next week? So I will look forward to meeting you then instead original.gif

Dinosaurus and Namie - glad the weather held up so well original.gif it was lovely to meet you both this morning. Hopefully we can do it again sometime. My grumpy boy was, of course, fast asleep by the time we got home and is still asleep despite my best attempts to end the nap! Bedtime is going to be hard work tonight...

#25 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thank you both for coming,, it was lovely - and of course I shall now refer to Namie as "Cousin Namie" roll2.gif

AKA - Namie's 2 degrees of separation is even closer than yours and mine!

Peppa Pig was ok, Teddy started screaming about two minutes in and Oliver refused to join in any dancing but claimed to enjoy himself. Now to cook and I've decided to go to the dr about my broken nose because I rubbd my eye and hit my nose and it moved a bit too far for my liking laughing2.gif we shall see in a few hours how sexy imma look!

Have great weekends all original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Teaching our son to say no to violence against women

Today, on White Ribbon Day - and every other day - we're teaching our son to say no to violence against women.

Mothers told to breastfeed in 'spacious' toilet

If there is one thing the owners of Tillings Cafe can be certain of, it is that the eatery won't win the award for Britain's best baby-friendly coffee shop any time soon.

Mother gives name to son dumped down drain

A woman who admitted to dumping her newborn baby down a Sydney drain has reportedly been allowed to give him a name.

Taking small steps to reduce stress

Are you feeling used up by life's stress, family problems and a demanding job you can't turn off? Many people are way beyond work-life exhaustion. They are functioning as robots.

Bad news: we're running out of chocolate

The world's biggest chocolate-maker says we're running out of chocolate.

Born at 23 weeks, 'Chopstick Baby' survives first week

A baby who was born at 23 weeks has survived her first week of life outside the womb.

Manic stations: the nesting instinct in pregnancy

It might sound like temporary insanity, but almost obsessive nesting as you near your due date isn’t uncommon – even if you’re not usually a particularly clean person.

How a baby can survive alone for days on end

The baby found abandoned in a Sydney drain may have been alone for up to six days without being fed, leaving many asking how he could have survived.

When it begins to look a lot like Christmas

A child's excitement at Christmas time is a beautiful thing, but one dad ponders whether his toddler daughter is getting into the festive mood a bit too soon.

Hospital lets dads the experience some of the pain of childbirth

A new experience is radically altering men's views of childbirth.

Italian doctors questioned over formula bribes

Italian police have placed 12 doctors under house arrest on suspicion of promoting baby milk formula over breastfeeding.

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Those special moments of sibling bonding

Every now and then your child does or says something that is truly memorable.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Baby monitor footage posted online

Footage of Australian babies and children sleeping in their bedrooms are among the images on a Russian site showing live feeds from thousands of homes and businesses around the world.

Did this new dad really hit on his wife's midwife?

Was there really a man who was actually there by his wife’s side as she laboured and gave birth to his child, all while he was making what he perceived to be meaningful eye contact with a midwife?

Keep calm and ignore the Tantrum Trolls

Tantrum Trolls are a small but growing species of predatory bottom-feeders who delight in picking on parents at their most vulnerable.

It's okay to never 'get over' the death of a loved one

The death of children, siblings, and parents has long term impacts on the rest of our lives.

What Mark Latham needs to know about depression and motherhood

Love has nothing to do with mental illness. But love may drive a mother to do something about it.

'We're just trying to keep our child alive': life with FPIES

We have a beautiful seven-month-old son, and his allergy rules our life.

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong'

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reactions to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

Two children who were given to the wrong families at birth will soon learn if they will be returned to their biological parents.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.