#1 lucky 2

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi,

Time for a new thread.

The link to the old one is here.

Enjoy original.gif.

#2 deejie

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

I can't believe I fed the kids junk today - Oliver is still up and driving me nuts. Argh!

Dino, you DO have a reputation to uphold biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you both had fun! DS2 is a much improved baby today. It's times like these I am thankful for modern medicine. It's amazing the difference nearly 24 hours on antibiotics makes-- he is back to his normal self. Yesterday was not fun though, with a crying sick baby and a feral DS1 who was NOT impressed that Mum's plans to head to a play centre did not come to fruition. Oh, the whinging. Three year olds certainly know how to carry on!

Ange Vert, yes, I definitely think you pass as tolerable wink.gif

#3 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

waves.gif

Any hawthorn supporters? We had a MG party yesterday and I made the cup cakes, I especially decorates a few of the chocolate ones in hawks colours just in case and they were the only ones left to be sent home laughing2.gif

In related news - we had our catch up yesterday at Wood hall, hawthorn, it was great - a bouncy castle, loads of toys for inside and out, tea, coffee and food making facilities...etc. We paid $5 each but I gather it would be one price depending on how many people there were - but it's big and well equipped with indoor and outdoor areas so it may be an idea for future meet ups (or something similar).

What did everyone do on the weekend?

I thought I best post again since Lucky2 went to the trouble of starting a new thread - we better keep it going biggrin.gif

#4 Angelot

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

We took DD on her first picnic!

This was actually (even if I say so myself) a brilliant piece of misdirection.  My parents wanted to come and visit, my house was a mess and I didn't have time or energy to get it to a good standard.  So I suggested that since the weather was so gorgeous on Saturday, they help us to take DD on her first picnic and pitched it as a special grandparent moment.  Seemed to work  cool.gif

Of course, she spent half of it asleep in the pram, but a good time was had by all, so no loss there.

#5 firsttimemummy18

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

We had a busy weekend. It was my grandpa's 80th birthday on Sunday so that was lots of fun.  Kids ran around, loved the attention.

DS isn't sleeping well since his injections last week.  So I am pretty tired these days.  It had only been a month or so since he started sleeping through again (he's always done this on and off) so I'm thinking some tough love may be needed to make sure I retain my sanity!  Will wait a week or so to see if he returns to normal by himself..  The bending over patting constantly means my back is agony as well!

Blech.. I hate hearing myself complain.. I promise I'm not normally this bad! wink.gif

#6 deejie

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Dinosaurus @ 24/09/2012, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any hawthorn supporters?

ME! biggrin.gif I sure had a few nail biting moments on Saturday, but phew. We made it. DH is from Sydney and so is a Swans supporter. I am not speaking to him for the rest of the week  ph34r.gif

I was pondering if I should take a 3 year old and a 9 month old to see the grand final parade on Friday. Madness, I know. But *I* want to see it!

Ange Vert, that's very good grandparent management skills you have there wink.gif

On the weekend, DS1 went on his first holiday to my parent's house in the country. It's his first time away from home without me and the house is so quiet without him. I miss him so much. Mind you, he is having a blast. As soon as DH installed his car seat in their car, he was trying to buckle himself in. Doesn't want to talk to us on the phone because he is "too busy" lol Building things in Grandad's shed, cooking with Nana, a bunch of new toys to play with and the ultimate-- constant attention from two doting adults. It's a three year old's paradise! He will NOT be happy when I drive up with DS2 tomorrow biggrin.gif

Firsttimemummy -- sometimes you have to complain to EB, because you have no one else to complain to! Hope your son starts sleeping a bit better for you soon.

#7 firsttimemummy18

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hello to all again,

I know there's a few mums in the bentleigh/east bentleigh suburbs that post in here.. And I was wondering if anyone goes to GESAC?? I use the gym there regularly and would love a gymming partner to keep me motivated!

Anyone??

Edited by firsttimemummy18, 30 September 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#8 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Ah Mummy, not only do I not go to any gym, I would not have known it was a gym except for your "workout buddy" comment laughing2.gif

Hope everyone had good GF weekends, our place was mental of course but we eventually got to park the car near the house again sometime Sunday afternoon! I tipped the Hawks but didn't care either way and am VERY happy the storm won.

I'm not free again until late October but after that I will be free every day if anyone wants to do a summery outdoorsy type meet up. I know my kids love the children's garden at the botanical gardens and that is open wed-sun, any park would be fine or obviously we can dump the kids and meet up somewhere that serves nice food and alcohol biggrin.gif

Have good weeks all.

#9 namie

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to join you all if I may? I've been absent from EB for a little while, simply distracted by other things, although now I'm back I can't remember what those other things were!

I'm sorry I've missed a few catch ups, I'm definitely in for others if possible, although October is turning out to be quite busy unfortunately. It's Mother's Group birthday season so we with the 4 kids, plus the son of another friend, we have 5 weekends of 3rd birthdays! Plus my mum and Grandma are coming to stay for DS1s birthday, then an old school friend is coming to stay for a week! Honestly, it never rains but it pours in my life, lol! November and December will be dead quiet and I'll wonder where everyone is original.gif

I'm also in the East Bentleigh area (there are rather a lot of us!) and love it!  I work Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays but am free all other days of the week and am open to evening or weekend kid-free catch ups too original.gif

I'm mid-30s with 2 boys, 3.5yrs and 1.5yrs.

firsttimemummy18, we go to GESAC every Saturday morning but for the boys swimming lessons rather than anything to do with my own fitness, lol! I love the centre though and could see myself working out one day when the finances stretch that far.

QUOTE (Dinosaurus @ 10/09/2012, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Ange so if all else fails we will see each other and have a loud conversation about Xena leaving EB original.gif

imma miss her.

Say what?

QUOTE (A.K.A @ 10/09/2012, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Xena left EB?!

What? When? I can't believe it! I'll miss her too! Gosh, I hardly recognise anyone and I don't think I was gone that long! Although, I think there have been some name changes along the way too, just to trip me up, lol!

Back on the topic of a meet up, I love the botanic gardens - anywhere the kids can run and run and run (although hopefully only in circles around our picnic blankets) is good for me.
For an enclosed park though, there's a great playground which I recently learnt of in Armadale, on Union Street. It's off Glenferrie Road a couple blocks up from the train station. There are two enclosed playgrounds, two cafes (one lovely but small, one large and perfect for lunch), plus some grassed areas to sit. It was popular from 11am onwards (I went there on a Wednesday morning) though, so may be better for an earlier catch up.

#10 Angelot

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

namie, I recognise your name although I'm not sure how long you've been away!

Here's Xena's farewell thread:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...amp;hl=Sayonara

I have a feeling I'm going to be very busy between now and the end of semester, but November is definitely looking good for me.

#11 namie

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thanks for the link Ange, I'll miss her posts a lot!

In the grand scheme of things, I was probably only absent for a couple of months but a friend of mine kept asking me if I'd read certain threads (including this one) and I hadn't. Then I realised I hadn't been on in a while so came to check things out original.gif

#12 A.K.A

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

original.gif
Just a quick post in passing to pop my head in and say hello!

#13 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

waves.gif

Hi!

My students all have exams next week so they are being more needy than usual biggrin.gif

Hope you're all doing well.

#14 tick

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Been meaning to join in - I'm in Ashburton with a 3 year old and a 3 month old (both girls).  Would love to come to a meet sometime, we're usually fairly free.  There's a fantastic park right near here that might even suit - Markham reserve playground - huge playground, all fenced in, plenty of picnic benches, BBQs and even a toilet!  And of course, free.  I like the sound of that Armadale park with the cafes too though!

Edited by tick, 03 October 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#15 firsttimemummy18

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let people know there's a meet up at Phoenix park in Malvern East on Friday 12th, at 3:30.

The more the merrier, so please come along if you're free!

#16 justthegirls

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE (firsttimemummy18 @ 03/10/2012, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let people know there's a meet up at Phoenix park in Malvern East on Friday 12th, at 3:30.

The more the merrier, so please come along if you're free!

I would love to come but that time clashes with school pick up so won't be able to make it as it's a bit of a drive.

Is anyone else in the outer burbs?

#17 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

We're heading to MacArthur Park (and will be singing the stupid song for weeks - cake, did soneone leave their cake? In the rain? Tragic - lets write a 15 minute opus to it shall we)

Anyway, macArthur Park, East Malvern, tomorrow 10am.

I'm out next week but have fun wink.gif

#18 namie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

I can't make it on the 12th as my mum and grandma are visiting, and we'll be busy preparing for a 3rd birthday party that weekend!

I can meet tomorrow morning though for an hour or so, but I can't find MacArthur Park on Google maps?

#19 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

MacArthur Park

biggrin.gif

Hopefully the rain holds off - bloody Melbourne, 32 one day, 12 the next!

#20 namie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Thankyou! I actually even searched for MacArthur Street but the park isn't in 'green'!

It looks amazing and I'm going to have a hard time pulling DS1 away from the tractor when it's time to go, lol!

If it's not raining (stupid spring weather!) we'll see you there at 10am original.gif

I'm anticipating wearing dark blue jeans and a white and grey striped top, with dark brown messy/frizzy/curly hair. I'll be the mum of a speedy (or shy depending on the day) child with riotous blonde curls, and a skinny even more speedy littler one with straight hair biggrin.gif

#21 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:05 AM

At the moment my son is in skinny black jeans, but he has also decided to wear undies so there is a high chance they will be wet before 10am!

I will probably wear dark blue jeans and some kind of BF top, possibly green if that one is dry (3 days at work - I don't know what's happening clothes wise!)

I am overweight and have straight brown hair that will be pulled up. My kids are demons and thus I will be the one saying "Oliver, stop climbing up that, don't jump off there, use the ladder..." biggrin.gif

#22 bearmum

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Looking forward to meeting you both! I will be in dark blue jeans, black top and purple vest jacket. My son will be going crazy with happiness at the tractor and my smaller daughter will be running in the other direction just to keep me in my toes.

See you there original.gif

#23 tick

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Darn I just read this - would have loved something to do this morning!

#24 bearmum

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (tick @ 05/10/2012, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Darn I just read this - would have loved something to do this morning!

Tick - it is a shame! It would have been lovely to meet you there this morning but I think you are coming to Phoenix Park next week? So I will look forward to meeting you then instead original.gif

Dinosaurus and Namie - glad the weather held up so well original.gif it was lovely to meet you both this morning. Hopefully we can do it again sometime. My grumpy boy was, of course, fast asleep by the time we got home and is still asleep despite my best attempts to end the nap! Bedtime is going to be hard work tonight...

#25 Mrs Dinosaurus

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thank you both for coming,, it was lovely - and of course I shall now refer to Namie as "Cousin Namie" roll2.gif

AKA - Namie's 2 degrees of separation is even closer than yours and mine!

Peppa Pig was ok, Teddy started screaming about two minutes in and Oliver refused to join in any dancing but claimed to enjoy himself. Now to cook and I've decided to go to the dr about my broken nose because I rubbd my eye and hit my nose and it moved a bit too far for my liking laughing2.gif we shall see in a few hours how sexy imma look!

Have great weekends all original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win Coles Little Explorer nappies for your toddler

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Robbie Williams live tweets wife's labour

And the award for most patient woman in labour goes to ... Robbie Williams' wife, Ayda Field.

Vaccine ignorance is deadly and contagious

In the absence of credible, strong political leadership, paranoia about disease can go viral.

Parenting differently based on birth order

All children have unique personalities, but keeping birth order in mind could help when parenting.

How to get rid of the mum guilt

Motherhood and guilt seem to go hand in hand, but there are ways to focus

Paid parental leave scheme grinds to a halt

The future of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme appears to be up in the air, despite the fact it is due to begin in less than nine months.

The devastation of foetal alcohol spectrum disorders

No one's sure how many Australians are affected by foetal alcohol spectrum disorders, but the consequences for those who are can be devastating.

The pros and cons of finding out the sex of your unborn baby

It’s often one of the biggest choices parents make during the course of their pregnancy; to find out, or not to find out, the sex of their baby before it’s born.

Toddler's awesome dress up month

Two-year-old Willow and her photographer mum, Gina Lee, made October "Dress Up Willow Month". She posted photos of Willow's costumes on her Instagram account, and her creative takes on popular culture are simply adorable.

Childhood around the world

It can be easy to assume our ideas around childhood are universal, but they are particular to where we live, as these practices show.

Best picks for baby and toddler shoes

Here's a great selection of footwear from pre-walker to walker ensuring comfort and style for growing feet.

I lost my wife and daughters to Ebola - then it came for my son

Sunday, September 21, is a day I will never forget.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss. It involves toilet talk, and probably caused my miscarriage. But it needs to be talked about.

Prenatal testing: the facts

Prenatal testing is done to check if a baby has certain medical conditions before birth. Here is some important information about what the tests are for and the risks involved.

5 things to do with your baby?s old clothes

Did you think your only option for your baby?s old clothes was to pack them away or give them to the Salvos? Think again.

Why it's possible to not realise you're pregnant until the baby arrives

After hearing about 'surprise babies' born to mums who didn't know they were pregnant, it's common to ask "how did she not realise?" But experts say it's entirely possible for it to happen.

'My miracle is finally here'

How has the world continued on its pace when mine has been altered so drastically?

Dairy can help older women fall pregnant: study

Ice cream may be the ultimate comfort food, but a study suggests it could also help older women to have children.

Megan Gale goes topless for 'sexiest people' cover

Six months after a heavily pregnant Megan Gale posed nude for Marie Claire, the glowing new mum has gone topless for the cover of another magazine.

A new perspective on life from living with two diseases

A mother shares her personal story about the difficulty of living with two conditions, one of which stops her from being able to see her daughter's face.

Warning about Children's Panadol dosage

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has issued a safety advisory warning parents about confusion when using the dosing syringe supplied with Children's Panadol.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Take 'The Coles Big Nappy Change' Challenge

You could become part of our Test Drive team and win one of 200 packs of Coles Little Explorer Nappies as part of our 5-day challenge.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Weird trend

'Why we called our daughter Wyatt'

Ashton Kutcher has spoken about how he and Mila Kunis chose their daughter's name - and why they've set up her social media accounts.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.