Due in Feb 2013 Chat Thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#76 dueFeb13

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

MummyArnold, good luck! It must be so difficult to not know the extent of the issue and even if there is an issue to start with. Just keep positive.

I am in an office desk job also and have the same upper back pain, but it is my left ribs that have the ache.

Pheazoid, I had an appt with my midwife last week and she could definately feel bubs was head down... I have no idea what she is feeling because it all just feels the same to me -  and with the hard jabs I am getting in my lower abdomen I don't think that could possibly be a punch so my little one is a contortionist!!!

Stanzy, I had a week of irritableness about a fortnight ago - according to DF I was almost unbearable.... oops... but it passed - or so he says... waiting for the next flare up!!

28 weeks this week... still feels like we have so far to go! bought the baby a new car last week - now have to start looking at a pram and capsule that fit. I got my cot organised on the weekend so now the nursery is complete, looks so cute and a little lonely!! Just waiting on bubs!

We put the basinette in our room so I can train my toes to stop stubbing themselves as I walk past before there is a little screamer to wake up in it!!

Does anyone else feel time is slowing down at this stage? or is that just me?

#77 whale-woman

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:02 PM

MummyArnold - fingers crossed for you it turns out to be nothing.

Phazoid - Bubs lying head on lower left for me. I'm coping ok at work if I'm just doing days and take it easy at home.Last week I was on call overnight and had DD up from 4am and was a mess with dizziness/vertigo. My car got a flat on the way home to end a crap day but fortunately a passerby rescued me and changed my tyre. There was no way I would have managed to change it myself. Home, it's a struggle to manage a toddler. I feel bad I'm getting cranky with her as I'm just tired/in pain.

DueinFeb  - Bubs head will feel like a hard round mass. Though the bum feels a bit similar. wow youre prepared. I'm having urges to get out and wash clothes for bub. I'm resisting  till we get hotter weather. I'm also aware that DD will just play in and dirty/mess/destroy anything I set up so there's no point. Time when pg always crawls for me.

AFM We put in our lawn over the weekend and I knackered myself doing too much. Having problems with backache and vertigo. I just need to rest more. I bought the plants for our front yard today so stupidly I suspect I'll try to get thèm in the ground before taking time to rest. I'm trying to balance the gardéning with back pain/sciatica/sore mummy muscles and generalised exhaustion. DD has relapsed with monster fears so is waking at night so it's all a bit hard. I have to work one night this week too. urggh!
Is no one else eating like a horse ATM?

#78 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Whalewoman - I've just started getting hungrier again too. I hope you are resting too :-)

So quiet in here- I had my antenatal class yesterday. So worthwhile. I didnt do them with my first pregnancy. We had a look around the newly renovated suites- they are fantastic! All very exciting.

Few braxton hicks, some backache, carpal tunnel responding well to massage and as long as I don't walk too much my SPD is all good. So I haven't got anything to complain about! I can't get over how much more enjoyable this pregnancy is compared to my first.

How is everyone else feeling?

#79 Ringarosy

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Hi All!

Yeah it is quiet in here. either everyone is doing really well or too tired to post.

Mummyarnold - its so amazing they can tell all these things already. I hope all goes well.

Well, Im 28 weeks and feeling pretty good. I think from the start I had with this pregnancy, I will not complain! Lower back a bit stiff and sore but nothing too bad. A little tired every now and then....
I have my GD challenge wednesday which I keep hearing isnt that nice....? Oh well! I hope It comes back clear!
We finally spent some time in the nursery over the weekend and set up the baby hammock my sister gave us. Its nice to start nesting. We still have so much to get but its great to have started.
I finish up at the school I teach at on Friday. This will mean I will only be working about 2 days a week. Its so weird to not have to work.
When is everyone else finishing up at work?

#80 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hi Lozypops! I'm a teacher too and working til end of term- 14 more school days!

#81 Natttmumm

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi All

I havent posted lately as I havent really had much to report. This month has been quiet with the pregnancy so just cruising along at the moment. Im coming up to 29 weeks now which is nice. I have been busy with the kids and planning maternity leave, daycare for next yr and DD1 starting school. Big changes for all of us next yr.

I did have a whole lot of tightenings the other night and got worried for about half an hour. Just when I was thinking whether I should be concerned it all stopped which is good. I see the obyn tomorrow so should be ok.

I have noticed this baby moves a lot - like all day. I dont remember my others doing that.

I have found myself starting to worry about the birth and the last parts of the pregnancy - not sure why its getting me now but I feel like im checking myself all the time to make sure all is ok - anyone else doing this.

#82 whale-woman

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Stanzy + Lozypops - Wow, it must be great to be finishing up so early. I still have 2 months of 3 days a week to go. Everyone seems to expect me not to make it that long which is a bit perplexing as I worked that late last time so I know what I'm getting myself into.

Nattmumm - wow lots of organising! I figure we're enjoying the last of second trimester wellness before things become much more uncomfortable. luckily I'm not having to worry about the birth as I'm having an elective c/s, like last time, so I feel very relaxed knowing what to expect from it all.

10 weeks to go for me! Can't wait for this pg to be over, dealing with a NB is much easier for me that the whole pg thing.

The new lawn is sprouting and our front garden is planted. Yay!

That GD glucose drink is yuck and gave me such a sugar rush. Fingers crossed it comes back ok. (and for your test too lozypops)

I just found out I can get paid in advance (before the birth) for maternity and annual leave which will mean that I should qualify for the baby bonus which is calculated on the 6 months AFTER the birth. It will make a big difference to us financially, so I'm stoked. It's well worth looking into for those who might be in similar situations.

ETA has anyone decided on a name for bub? I have a name I have wanted to use for the last year but are still yet to get DP to agree, not that he has any better ideas.

Edited by whale-woman, 27 November 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#83 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:26 PM

Whalewoman- not fun about the sugar rash- I'm one of the odd ones that lives gd drink!
As for names the front runner is Edward Mark.
I didn't think DH and I were sharing our baby name ideas with people IRL but  he did. It seems everyone has an opinion before a child is born about names but if the name's announced once the Baby is born people seem to keep any not so nice opinions to themselves.

#84 whale-woman

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Stanzy - I like the name! I agree with not telling people the name before birth to avoid criticism.

I seem to have hit the wall today and are a bit of a mess. I have come down with shingles and have a limb covered (TMI sorry)oozing blisters which ITCH! I felt a bit feverish at work y/d and are just drowning under a see of work. Plus I keep having to waste my time with court related work stuff, rather than doing my actual job. I'm quite scared DD is now, despite being vaccinated,going to get chicken pox and then I'll miss a couple of weeks of work because that. Dr google gives it 20% chance of still getting chicken pox if exposed after vax. I also seem to have got to the point that I feel/look like my namesake and can't find anything that is suitable for work wear. So in summary I'm over this pg thing despite still having 10 weeks to eviction day (birth).

Edited by whale-woman, 29 November 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#85 Natttmumm

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Stanzy - nice name I love it.
Whale woman - you poor thing I hope that you are ok and it goes quickly. I think you can get CP from shingles but it would be mild if your DD is immunized. Hope she doesn't get it.
We have picked a list of boys names  - Leo, Henry or isaac. Still tossing up. DH doesn't want Leo. I think we will go with Henry.
DH stayed home from work today to look after the other kids and I slept for 3 hours. Feeling so much better. You just need it sometimes.
I finish work in a few weeks and can't wait. I love working but I am sick off trying to dress well when I feel so huge.

We are finally getting our baby stuff ready and I feel really excited now. We bought a new pram for the bub and for DD2 to fit in, we got the monitor and the cot out of storage. It's all beginning to feel very close now. 11 weeks to go for me. DD1 was early so that's been in my mind lately but DD2 wasn't so I guess that was just random.

#86 Mamanuka

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hi girls. A while since I posted, not much going on except inside, seems like little one is doing a lot more swimming and yoga than me.

Lozypopz to finally answer your questions: I went to NZ (home) back in Oct. For MCNs I’ve ordered prefolds just because they seem versatile. And I abandoned the epi-no idea – midwife was in favour if careful, but mostly just to ‘feel empowered’ which I’m not worried about.
MummyArnold how frustrating for you not knowing, good that they’ll be monitoring it. I get the rib pain a bit still too, I feel like it’s just everything getting squished.
Hope your health comes right Whale-woman, sounds like you have enough going on without that!

As for me, waiting on my 28 week bloods, and going in tomorrow for the sugar drink. Bit nervous about the side effects, but can’t justify not doing it.  EDD feels soon to me because there’s still so much to do, but I’m still finding pregnancy kind of nice, much more worried about how we’re going to cope with a baby!

Hope you’re all doing well, and keeping cool if you’re in Vic. I’ve been eating frozen berries all day  original.gif

#87 Natttmumm

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Hi mamanuka - I was just reading your post and wondering whats involved in the 28 week bloods. I did the glocuse test and also got an anti D but I think that was it. I am now wondering if I missed out on something?

#88 MummyArnold

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Hi ladies

Hope everyone is keeping well original.gif

Had the GD test and a round of bloods done this morning. Should get the results on Tuesday at my next Ob appt. Fingers crossed everything's all okay in that area!

Mamanuka - I'm not really sure if the blood test I had at today (27+5) was 'routine' but I assumed he was just checking my iron levels and things while I was being a temporary pincushion

This baby seems to be moving around an awful lot - its my first so I'm not sure if its any more than usual but she seems very active. Quite reassuring though, I love knowing that she's there. As far as names go the only one we can agree on for the little lady is Quinn and probably Lily for a middle name, although I also really like Emily. I sort of talked him around on Quinn, so said that he can choose the middle name out of those - we'll see what he comes up with!

Whale-woman - hope you're feeling better soon original.gif

Stanzy - the little boy next door to us is called Henry and he's very cute. He's a little trouble maker and its quite funny listening to him get in trouble for playing in the dogs water or something equally naughty with his grown up name!

Still have roughly 2 months of work left and we're so busy at the moment but I'm battling on and the results are now coming through - can't wait until January when I can start slowing down though!

Edited by MummyArnold, 30 November 2012 - 06:22 PM.

#89 whale-woman

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Natttmumm @ 30/11/2012, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi mamanuka - I was just reading your post and wondering whats involved in the 28 week bloods. I did the glocuse test and also got an anti D but I think that was it. I am now wondering if I missed out on something?

My ob does  iodine levels, anti d, iron levels the glucose test, vit d levels... plus a few more I think...

Names - I'm a bit obsessed with calling this one Georgiana. DP is still saying with 2 months to go that he'll think about names later.

Movements- this one is not too kicky atm. She tuned head down which is much more comfy than head under your ribs.

AFM The rash is settling a bit so I'm feeling a bit better. I've spent a few teary days just over it but figure Now it's getting better should be feeling fine by Mon.

#90 Mamanuka

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Nattmumm re the bloods, I thought they were routine but there's nothing in my little book of tests so I expect it just depends. They tested my haemoglobin, iron and vitamin D, plus a couple of other things specific to my case. Then they forgot to tell me all the results, so hopefully that means no red flags!

Cute names you're all playing with! We have a few maybes but I think we'll probably end up going in like that, we want to meet bubs and then decide.

Does anyone know when / if to start drinking raspberry leaf tea?

#91 dueFeb13

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hello Ladies!

Stressful weekend for us, we nearly had a baby! Waay too early. Saturday morning I woke up with a bleed and a stitch so rang my Midwife who told us to get our butts down to the hospital. When we got there I got hooked up to a monitoring machine to look at bubba's heart rate and tightening. Had an ultrasound to check the position and fluid level - which seemed fine. Bubba went into distress and was trying to engage but the head kept popping back up - then I started having regular contractions - about 7 over a 15 minute period. my Midwife and the doc got a little worried and were getting ready to drug me up and transfer me out when they stopped and bubs settled.
Ended up staying in overnight for observation, contractions started up a few more times throughout the day and night then stopped and I haven't had anything more than braxton hicks for 12 hours so they let me go home on strict instruction that I am not allowed to do any housework, no excessive movement and no extra stress.

Now I am emotionally and physically a little drained. Being only 30 weeks this week I have to cross my legs for at least another 7 weeks!!

Mamanuka - My midwife mentioned starting drinking raspberry leaf tea at around 35 weeks and to start with 1 weak cup per day and slowly increasing to 3 normal strength. There are risks with drinking it though - if you have breast cancer in your family tree there has been a link found to increasing your risk. Just something to think about.

Whale Woman - I really hope your health improves. How did your DD go? did she get out without coming down with chicken pox? I completely understand where you are coming from with the not finding anything nice to wear, I am starting to stress, I have a wedding to go to when I am 36wks and I am afraid I will fit in nothing but a garbage bag at that point!!

Stanzy - Love the name!!!

Mummy Arnold - Good luck with the test results, hope everything goes ok! Quinn is a beautiful name, DF and I are thinking Emily or Amelia if we get a little lady, I really like Laura but it really does not go with our surname - Lane.... Sounds a little funky.

Turns out there is going to be problems with me leaving work now. Even though I don't have a choice this baby has to come out eventually (hopefully not a soon as it obviously wants to!) The lady who was on maternity leave and is due back now to take over my role when I go has decided she doesn't want to come back full time... Which means I will now have to find a replacement and train them in my job before I go!!! No added stress the doctors tell me!!

Well here's to hoping this week runs a little smoother for all of us!! xx

#92 Natttmumm

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the info on the tests. Maybe I had them without knowing as I did have the glucose test. Nothing else was mentioned. I did get an anti D by the midwife. I will double check at my next appointment.

I love all the names being suggested, Quinn is very sweet.

This baby is very active too - sometimes I feel like asking "will you ever sleep once you are here" but i am reassured by the movement so not complaining.

Due 13Feb - how scary for you!! I hope you are able to rest for the next few weeks and no more contractions arrive.

We did the clam birth course over the weekend and loved it! highly recommend it. I wish I had have gone when I was pregnant with number 1 and 2.

#93 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Duefeb13- how scary! I hope all is smooth sailing for you now. If DS was a girl the name we had picked was Amelia Joy  :-)

Me- so so but still seeing counsellor.

#94 whale-woman

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Due Feb13 - wow that's scary with the threatened labour. I hope you can rest up and have an uneventful time now for a good few weeks more cooking of bub.

Stanzy - I hope you start feeling better soon.

Nattmumm - it's funny for me but this bub seems a lot less active that DD1 was. I'm hoping I get a calm bub this time. Lets hope yours will be exhausting itself in activity so that it needs lot of long deep sleeps.

AFM Has anyone got gestational dementia? My memory has just GONE! Today I couldn't remember if I'd eaten lunch or not  huh.gif .... I can't manage to hold 2 thoughts in my mind at once it's just pathetic. I was like this last time too... It was cured by delivery, but with 9 weeks to go it will be a long haul...
DD managed to evade the (chicken) pox so that's a big positive and I've got a scabby healing arm but it's 90% better.

#95 MummyArnold

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hi ladies

Got my GD and blood results this week and everything looks fine, so nothing to worry about there original.gif Also had the Anti-D which actually didn't hurt a bit so pretty pleased about that!

Had a pedicure yesterday and almost fainted! Not really sure what the problem was - didn't think it was overly warm or smelly in there but who knows. Probably need to be a bit more careful next time, make sure I've got plenty of water etc - its a bit of a sad state of affairs if I can't even go and get my toenails painted!

dueFeb13 - Wow! Make sure you do what the doctors say and get plenty of rest - bubs has a bit of cooking to do yet!

Whale-woman - gestational dementia made me lol! I've not been too bad but seem to make up random words when typing at work - I think my brains thinking about one thing when I'm meant to be doing something else. I also seem to forget random words and people who I've worked with for 3 years last names etc! Slightly embarrassing...

#96 Mamanuka

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

dueFeb13 have been thinking of you. How are you going now?

Whale-woman and MummyArnold I definitely have that condition. If I turn my back on a task it completely disappears from my brain. One day I even locked my keys in the front door and went to sleep - not great security! Still it seems to be affecting DH as well which I confess I quite enjoy original.gif

Got our MCNs this week and a baby monitor. Quite fun testing the monitor on the cat and the nappies on teddy - I know, we're such newbies!

#97 dueFeb13

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Much better week this week. Have settled into just having the odd Braxton Hicks contraction a few times a day. No more blood and had my midwife around last night for a check up and she said that everything seems to have settled down. My measurements are bang on average and bub's heartbeat is bang on average so for probably the first and last time... thank god for an average, boring and all in all uneventful bubs!!!! I still have to make sur ei take things easy and don't push things too much - I keep forgetting that I just can't do as much as I used too!!!

Whale-Woman - Gestational Dimentia, love it... I drove to work today without shoes, luckily I keep a pair in the back, not looking that classy in a skirt and sneakers though.....

Mummy-Arnold - That must have been worrying at your pedicure, I have been thinking of going and getting one to spoil myself, maybe I'm having second thoughts... or I will make sure I take heaps of water, maybe eat beforehand... Did she at least do a good job so you have beautiful toes????

Stanzy - I really hope you are doing better. xx

Put a deposit on our pram and capsule this week, they had none in stock, but I HAVE to have that one so we should be able to pick it up this weekend... a bit exciting!!! I will now have a way to get bubs home from the hospital - this was stressing me out last weekend!!!

Looking forward to Xmas coming... and going.... i just don't think I have the energy for it this year!! DF has a split family so all up we have my family, and 2 of his family Xmas do's to attend as well as his sister's birthday dinner Xmas Eve... that is 4 days in a row of exhaustion!!!! PLUS work Xmas do 2 days before that all starts too!!!

Must admit I am a little excited about next years Xmas though - cute little bubs will be 10months and at the point of fun-ness!!!

Have you all got a nice quiet celebrations planned?? Or are you a little crazy like me???

Bring on week 31 for me!!!!!

#98 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

Duefeb13-sounds like some busy chrissie days. I hope you get some rest.

Whale woman I'm in the gestational dementia club too!

Mummyarnold- I love pedis. I wonder if the smell got to you as I know that can be pretty overbearing sometimes.

Me- so so. meds suggested but I know when the hormones settle my head will be clearer. I'm just sensitive and hormonal. I really can't complain as physically I'm doing really well. I need sleep which I should get more of - last day of work today!

Edited by Stanzy, 14 December 2012 - 04:35 AM.

#99 Natttmumm

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

Good luck with your last day Stanzy, hope you will get some rest after today. Mine is coming up very soon. I have mixed emotions about it. Looking forward to finishing but I enjoy work and i know being home full time is hard too.

I have been home this week with DD2 who has been recovering from an operation. She is ok so we have been able to go to the shops and do the xmas stuff. I think we are nearly finished.

I feel like the next 9 weeks will go by very fast. I told DH to set up the baby things so we are ready. He keeps telling me theres plenty of time but I would like it to be done - must the pregnancy hormones.

I checked with the obyn and he did check my iron and all the rest at 28 weeks. All was fine so he didnt mention it until my last appointment this week. So far so good!!

I ve been practising the calm birth techniques this week. Anyone else doing this??

#100 whale-woman

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Stanzy -lucky you finishing work so early. I still have 6 weeks to go.... uurrgh!

Nattmumm - I hear you on the impatience to get some stuff set up. I'm hoping DP will get around to it when he has a few weeks off at Christmas.

dueFeb13 - Great to hear bubs has settled in for a bit more cooking
We're going up to stay at my parents the weekend before Xmas and then will have Xmas at home, just the 3of us. We'll probably do seafood so not so much cooking....

AFM having a few nausea/dizzy spells but otherwise are traveling pretty ok. I keep doing a bit of gardening as we're putting in lawn/watering systems/plants etc which my back really isn't up to. Its just hard not being able to do much. I Managed the work Xmas party and an evening at the theatre this week too. Probably the last time I'll get out for a LONG time.
I'm very happy as DD is out of nappies overnight. Yay. She's however flirting with idea that she wants to be a baby and wear nappies/get spoon fed etc etc. I 've told her she can't go to 3yo kinder next year if she's a baby so she's decided it's better to be a 'little big girl' currently. I suspect we may have a big regression to deal with when this bub is born....

Edited by whale-woman, 16 December 2012 - 08:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.