Due in Feb 2013 Chat Thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#26 1miss2littlemen

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Natttmumm @ 27/09/2012, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could be using the breast pump a lot due to flat nipples. I didn't feed the other 2 but I'm determined this time even if it's expressing. So a need a good pump I think. Is Medela good?

I have this one.... I had a single one before buying the double and it was awesome and efficiant!
http
://www.cherubbaby.com.au/breast_pumps/...ic-breast-pump

My Scan isnt till October 10th.... LOL almost 21weeks!!!
I am not finding out what I am having biggrin.gif I am so so so excited about not finding out biggrin.gif
YAY!!
the count down is on!!!

#27 Ringarosy

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:02 AM

Welcome Kelly_di_Jakarta and Mummy Arnold.

Wow Kelly_di_Jakarta. How are you coping doing it along? Do you have support here? You are one impressive lady!!

Mummy Armold sorry to hear you are a bit worried. I don't know anything about it but hopefully all is ok.

AgEm_my_world I'm not finding out either!! It is exciting not knowing. The hardest part for us is thinking of names for both sexes. Goodluck with the scan on the 10th, you will love it.

Natttmumm same thing here. Sleep and food and lot of it otherwise I'm a mess. Hope the Reno goes ok.

Bjbubbles wow that's a lot of holidays/time away. No wonder you are tired.

Tishka thanks for the info and all the best with you pregnancy.

Whale woman sad the hawks lost : ( I'm a hawks fan too. How did shopping for the bed and linen go? Yes, I'm still vomit free!!! So happy. Wow a new car, you will love it. What are you getting?

Afm 20weeks4days, had our 20week scan on Monday and all looks well. We got some great 3d face shots.
I'm feeling good except waking up every night sick from being hungry and needing a little snack. Then I can't sleep even though tired ( hence being on here at 3am)
Bub is moving and kicking so much. I can't imagine how it's going to feel later in the pregnancy.
Still haven't bought much, should I have? This is starting to stress me out.
Finding a name for both sexes is also a bit hard. DH and are just can't find much we like for boys......
Where is the 2nd trimester energy??
hope everyone is well and scans are good
X

#28 pheazoid

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum! I've been reading everyone's posts for a while and didn't know whether I should join or not.

My due date is 30th January (according to the scan) but the midwives told me it's 3rd February according to their little paper wheel so apparently they're going based on the latter. Kinda confusing! I've had strange encounters with doctors since TTC in January. One doctor was very short with me and hopeless with info so I stopped seeing him; the next doctor was very rude and short with me so I made a complaint about him and moved on. Now I'm seeing a doctor who whilst lovely is very vague with info. He told me I didn't need a 19 wk us bc my "13th wk results were fine". I found that SO odd. Has anyone else experienced that?

I ended up getting the 19wk us at 21 wks and found out we're having a boy. I get what you mean Lozypops - boy names are so much harder to pick than girl names! But I picked a boy name from one of my favourite Marlowe poems and DH actually liked it (phew)!

Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well. Is everyone feeling kicks yet? Are you playing games with LO like poking a spot and feeling them kick that spot, etc? I bought BellyBuds so that we can both listen to the same music together. Plus my acoustic piano has an awesome digital function so I can plug us both in and he can hear what I play.

#29 whale-woman

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Welcome Phazoid & MummyArnold

Kicking - lots of kicking here. Wait till your bub gets stronger and it starts feeling like you're getting internal bruising.  I have an anterior placenta so I hope it will provide a bit of padding.

MummyArnold - no idea about the full bladder on US. Do you have an ob to ask?

Kelly - I hope the scan went well.

Nattmumm- I hope the Reno goes well. I hate renos. Our place is a permanent work in progress. It should be fun doing the decorating when it's finished.

AFM - we got a Skoda Octavia. Now we just have to sell the old car... DD moved into her big bed and was so excited. She slept an extra hour this morning too. I'm a bit sad though as she's a big girl now not a baby... Scan next week at 21 weeks and then I have to pay my ob her management fee. It's an expensive month...

Lozypopz - I hope the nausea will leave you soon. I wouldn't worry too much about getting stuff. As you start feeling better the motivation should increase. You'll probably end up getting given more clothes than the baby can ever use from friends/family/colleagues. Other than that a car seat/pram/cot can be bought with one trip to the baby store. You're not incapacitated after the birth so if you need extra whAtever you just take bub and go get it. I didn't buy anything last time till after I was thrown a work baby shower and scored so many goodies including things like a baby monitor/ cot toys etc etc. beside the big items I was given pretty much everything else. You're actually doing people a favour by not getting stuff as that can then actually give you a useful baby gift.

Edited by whale-woman, 03 October 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#30 Natttmumm

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Welcome Peazoid and Mummy Arnold.

I havent heard anything relating to a full bladder on the scan - from what i have experienced during my pregnancies if there is an issue they are concerned about they would give more details. I think if you are worried its worth following up. There is always a doctor on duty at ultrasound places so you could call them and ask for more info. During my second pregnancy there was some talk about not seeing a second kidney etc then it seemd all fine. Left me a bit worried so we called the doctor on duty and she reassured me and I even offered me another scan to be more reassured.

Whale Woman - congrats on the new car - sounds lovely. Im sure you will sell the old one quickly

Me - all going good saw the obyn this week and all seemed fine. I watched the tv show on high blood pressure in pregnancy and it did scare me a bit. My blood pressure seems ok at the moment but it is higher than in my other pregnancies - its 120/75. previous pregs were around 110/75. Im worried a bit because I had those blood tests at 12 weeks which showed low PAAPA and high HCG which can indicate high blood pressure later in the pregnancy.

#31 Kelly_di_Jakarta

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hey all, thanks for the welcome.

Ultrasound went great, everything looks absolutely normal and apparently baby (boy!) is super active in my womb, but i can't feel anything yet. Well.... this is my first baby, so I'm not quite sure what it would feel like anyway... and I've had such rotten indigestion/gas my whole pregnancy I put any feeling I do feel down to that.

Pheazoid: i can symphathise with your experience with doctors... i had an awful GP (that I just went to because she was bulk bill). She had the worst bedside manner. Of course she knew i was an "older mother", and I after I had the Down's Syndrome scan, I got the results emailed to me, basically fine, but still a risk cos I'm 42
...i came back into the surgery and she goes "So you're going ahead with the pregnancy then?"..... Um, yeah, I'm here aren't I, doctor!!?? "Oh, well, many women in your position wouldn't..." Excuse me!!??
Anyway now i'm booked in with RPA Birth Centre, where hopefully the midwives will have a shred of sensitivity. OK, rant over...original.gif

Lozypopz: Thanks for the compliment, but truthfully, i'm only doing it alone because the alternative would not have been healthy for me or for my baby, abusive relationship.... and i tell you, since I got pregnant I have been feeling wildly protective... of myself... and my child. I do have my mother here and some good friends. I will be alright, have to be! original.gif I've always been a very independent soul.

#32 Liah

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've been on here, been on the facebook group lately.

Welcome to all the new people!!

Kelly_di_Jakarta: I have the opposite problem to you, apparently I'm too young to be having a child!  It's really our own personal choice and everyone should butt-out!

Pheazoid: I had a pretty crappy doctor the first time too, on my first appt, I couldn't tell her the exact date of my last period (its pretty irregular...which is one of the reasons why it took me til 6 weeks to realise I was pregnant) and instead of giving me a referral for a dating scan, she decided I needed a referral for a NT scan AND she had to pop next door to another doctor to check what tests I was supposed to have! -.- needless to say, I didn't go back to dr. incompetent.  I went to a doctor my mum recommended after that, and he was amazing.  My next GP appt, however, is my first one with the hospital, so fingers crossed they are decent!

Lozypops:
I haven't bought anything yet, apart from the stuffed animal I bought when I very first found out I was pregnant waiting to worry about buying things once I've finished uni and had the baby shower.

Hearing about everyone's scans is making me even more excited for mine, which is next Wednesday!  So excited to find out the sex and see jellybean.  My partner is 100% convinced it's a girl, not sure how it will go down if it's actually a boy lol.

Started feeling movements in the last couple of weeks, and my uterus has now become quite a hive of activity! happy.gif   Love the feeling, makes it that little bit more real!

#33 whale-woman

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Natttmumm- your BP is totally normal. (mines that on a good day and higher the rest) It's also totally normal for your BP to fluctuate. I wouldn't take the reading to mean anything sinister.

Kelly - sounds like you're doing what you need to for you and your bub. EB can be a great place for support too. Grats on the boy! I have to check the list but it seems mostly girl bubs in the group so it's good to even things a bit.

Liah- Good luck for the scan.

AFM - Dentist Sat, Scan Mon, Ob Thurs.... Busy week coming up.

ETA We just got told we are classed as not having private health insurance and have to pay the medicare 1% extra tax because, despite DP + I having and paying for private insurance, we forgot to add DD to the policy when she was born. So for those subject to the levy having 1st kids don't forget to add them to the policy or like us you'll suffer. So annoyed!

Edited by whale-woman, 05 October 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#34 BJBubbles

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi all,

I apologise if I miss people -I'm on the iPad at the airport waiting for my (delayed) flight!

Whale-woman - sounds like you do have a busy week ahead! Is it your 20week scan on Monday? Hope all goes well and you get some good photos's of bub too!

Liah - I'm loving feeling movement too! DH hasn't felt any yet, but hoping while we're on holidays this week he will!

Kelly - Some people just don't think about what they are really saying! Glad that your scan went well! And congrats on having a boy!  We're having a boy too and are over the moon about it! Sounds like you had a big couple of month ps in your life - but well done for taking control and getting yourself into a better, safer situation! So you're back in Aus? Where about? Do you have friends or family around you??

Hi to everyone else!!!

Well DH and I are waiting for our flight to cairns! Looking forward to getting away from this crappy Melbourne weather and sitting by the pool! We have 4 days in Palm Cove, then 4 days in Port Douglas for a wedding (I'm a bridesmaid!). Should be awesome! But, I've come out with a cold sore yesterday! Never had one before - so frustrating - why now, of all week?!?!  I'm just using compeed patches to keep it covered and stop me playing with it. Got a big floppy wide brimmed hat to protect me from the sun, and hopefully plenty of rest will have it mostly cleared up by the wedding next Friday!  Fingers crossed this is the only one i get too!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
Xoxo

#35 Mamanuka

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi all,

Haven’t looked at the forum in a week and so much scanning and planning! Very exciting. I’m a bit jealous because our scan was incomplete and have to go back for another. I’m not worrying about it but would be nice to be able to tick everything off.

Meantime we finally moved into our reno-ed house (fun isn’t it?) and I think I pulled something. I was being super-careful but I have this pain in my ribs and it won’t go away. Has anyone else done that? But at least now we have space to get stuff for bubs. All we have so far is a few clothes, teddies, and today got a little dresser that will double as a change table. That’s it – seems like we still have lots to do!

Take care everyone, don't pull anything... xx

#36 whale-woman

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Mamanuka - Its great you're finished the reno. Ours is never ending. I pulled something in the lower abdo a couple of weeks ago lifting 15kg DD out of the bath when she was in mid tantrum. It hurt!! It's better now though. I hope your rib pain goes soon.

BJBubbles - I'm very jealous of your trip. It sounds ace!!! I haven't taken any leave now for 18months as I'm saving it for when the bub is born but are really hanging out for a holiday. The cold sore probably came up because you're immunocompromised during pregnancy. When I was pg with DD1 I ended up covered in school sores - yuck!

AFM - We have decided to invite the family around for a working bee on DPs Birthday as the only way of getting our front yard landscaped. LOL, so it's the landscaping party complete with beer, snags and a digger... We finally, after 3 years of storing my office stuff in cardboard boxes, went out and bought storage units. Yay! Now just the wait till they're delivered. 21 wk scan tomorrow.

#37 whale-woman

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Very quiet in here. But my scan was all good  biggrin.gif .
DP forgot to turn up though for it though mad.gif . I actually feel a bit sorry for this bub as for DP it's a bit of an non event. With DD1 he was at every appointment.......

#38 MummyArnold

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi All

Thought I'd post again and just confirm I had a second scan and baby's bladder was nice and empty and filled up again before our eyes, so all seems to be good. Having another scan next week before my midwife appt just to be sure - I'm not worried at all and am just excited about having another excuse to see my little lady original.gif

Mamanuka - I've had rib pain for about the last six weeks! Its on the right just below where my bra sits. Doctor seems to think that its either everything moving about to make room or trapped wind! Its only really sore when I'm sitting down so I just have the wheat bag handy for when I'm at my desk all day.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the Angelcare Sound and Movement baby monitor? One friend told me she swears by it as its gone off a couple of times in the middle of the night (one of which she ended up at the hospital with her little boy), and another told me that the first mum is a bit over the top. I'm pretty anxious about that kind of thing but not really sure if that's just me being over the top as well! Would appreciate your opinions.

#39 1miss2littlemen

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Scan today biggrin.gif

#40 1miss2littlemen

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (MummyArnold @ 09/10/2012, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anybody have any thoughts on the Angelcare Sound and Movement baby monitor? One friend told me she swears by it as its gone off a couple of times in the middle of the night (one of which she ended up at the hospital with her little boy), and another told me that the first mum is a bit over the top. I'm pretty anxious about that kind of thing but not really sure if that's just me being over the top as well! Would appreciate your opinions.

I had one and it had terrible static because it was an anologue one. Other then that I loved it original.gif

#41 dueFeb13

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Hi all,

I'm new on here and just wanted to say hi,
We are due with our 1st, unexpected on the 13th.... working through the emotions but I think excited and scared are at the top of the list!
biggrin.gif

#42 whale-woman

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Welcome Duefeb13.

MummyArnold- I've never gone the monitor way. I think they can potentially make your anxiety worse, especially as they seem to be prone to false alarms.

#43 Mamanuka

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

Hi girls,

Welcome to all the new members!

I’m in two minds about whether to get one of those monitors myself, seems like there are pros and cons. But speaking of getting organised, does anyone have any recommendations for MCNs? My friend told me tailor-made is best, but my sewing skills don’t match hers…

Whale-woman I feel for you with the reno. When I say ‘finished’ I really just mean ‘habitable’, haven’t even thought about landscaping. Seems like half my sentences start with ‘One day, before the baby comes…’ Might be more like, one day after the baby comes and I’m allowed to do stuff again!

MummyArnold that is exactly where mine is too. Six weeks?  sad.gif  Do you know how you did it? Good call on the wheatbag, must make myself one.

Repeat scan tomorrow, fingers crossed baby cooperates this time!

#44 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

BJbubbles- how was your holiday?

Mamanuka-  how are your ribs?

Agemmyworld- how did your scan go?

Welcome dueinfeb23!

I'm seeing a wonderful counsellor at the moment and I've tried to reduce my workload. It seems my SPD is coming back and I had a clump of hair fall out tonight :-0 so glad I'm seeing my ob in a week.

Anyone else suffer from SPD during pregnancy?

Edited by Stanzy, 11 October 2012 - 11:39 PM.

#45 Natttmumm

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hi All

All going well here this week. The renovations are at point where life is sort of normal again. Still a bit to do before baby arrives but we are well on the way.

Last week I friend called me a told me her kids have chicken pox after we were over there 2 days before. I spoke with the obyn who has reassured me not to worry but of course its still in my mind. I have had it before and the kids are immunised but you never know!! The friend told me later that she knew her friends kids got it and it was possible hers would get it but she forgot to mention it to me before we went over. I was annoyed...but what the point really.

baby seems to be moving all over the place this week  especially in the evenings.

Stanzy - glad to hear you are speaking with someone who is good and helping you out.

#46 whale-woman

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Natttmumm  - gggrrr! I hate people who don't think to tell you they might have something contagous. But if you're immunised it should be all ok.

Stanzy- never had SPD. It sounds horrible. I get sciatica though. Last pg got rid of it and this one has brought it back mad.gif
With hair falling out it's likely to be stress a few months back that did it. I hope you can sort things put with the councellor and things get better for you.

Mamanuka - urrgh, I've given up an this place ever being how we want it. Renos are horrid! Our place luckily is fully habitable. The insides are just ugly and impractical and the outside is dirt/rock piles. The back garden is ok though. I reckon we actually only use a third of the yard and half the house just because of how it is. It seems so silly to pay for so much space and live in so little of it. It's just never ending the jobs to do to improve things.

I saw my ob yesterday and booked in the c/s for 8th Feb. She initially asked if the 11th was ok but was happy with with doing it a couple of days earlier. I know I'll be desperate to get bub out by then so the earlier the better for me. She said she'd give me a steriod shot before to make sure bubs lungs were ready.  biggrin.gif It'll be 38 wks 3 days, the same as when we took out DD1 who had great apgars etc without even bothering about steroids, so I 'm not really worried. Now we can plan things a little better.....I also finally got DD 1 a kinder place. They are like hens teeth here and I wanted her to go on her non Childcare days rather than losing her Childcare spot.

Edited by whale-woman, 12 October 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#47 Liah

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hi all,

Had my scan the other day and all went well, measurements of jellybean are all good, and it looks like its a girl!!! original.gif partner is super excited, he was convinced before the scan it was a girl lol.

Trying not to think about baby stuff too much at the moment as I only have a couple of weeks left until my thesis is due and exams, and I just want to get that all out the way, but it's so hard when I keep getting reminded by little punches and kicks all throughout the day! happy.gif

Hope everyone is doing well!

#48 cabbagepatch

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hello Ladies,

Just thought I would introduce myself original.gif I'm already a mum to a gorgeous 18month old DD and getting ready to greet another little person on the 3rd February - although I went 11 days overdue with my first so we could be having a valentines day bub Tounge1.gif

This may sounds weird but I am actually really excited for the end of this pregnancy and going into labour - I loved the birth of DD and can't wait to experience the magic again!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their pregancies, I still get morning sickness but am trying to look beyond it as this may well be our last bub... and it all just flys by :'(

#49 Ringarosy

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hi all,

It's been quiet in here lately. How is everyone going?

Cabbagepatch welcome!!! Wow that's great. Are you comfortable to share your birth story with your DD and what you did to prepare for us first time mums??

Leah glad your scan went well. Goodluck with your thesis.

Whale woman it must be nice to have your end date. That's very exciting.

Natttmumm how silly and rude people are. Putting you at risk like that!!!!!!!!!!

Not much to report for me. Tired, hungry and getting bigger here.

#50 Natttmumm

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi All

All has been good with me this week. No sign of the chicken pox yet although i think the incubation period is 2 to 3 weeks and its just 2 weeks this thursday. I have tried to just forget about it as there is nothing i can do anyway. We have been thinking about names now. I love Leo but DH is not keen. He thinks he should get to choose as its a boy. He likes Christian. What do you think??

Lozypops - I know the tired, hungry and getting bigger thing. I am eating so much more this pregnancy than the others. My MIL commented on how big I looked already - dont you love those comments. I hope you get some more energy soon. Still waiting for that second trimester boost.

Liah- good luck with your thesis. I hope you can focus on it for the next few weeks. And wow a girl so exciting.

Cabbage patch - I have started to read a few birth books - which i didnt do last time and Im hoping for a different experience this time - not that the others were bad in anyway just long, slow and very medical. I was just lying in bed for hours. I am also doing to calm birth class - Do you do a course the first time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.