Due in April 2013 Chat Thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#76 Heylee

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hey Pocket79,
Port stephens is beautiful. We're going to Lake Monduran ( west of Bundaberg). Taking the camp trailer & tinny. Just a relaxing week. I've been banned from setup - so I'll have just sit back & supervise lol.
I'm a tummy sleeper too - how hard is it to stop yourself from rolling - I ended up buying a body pillow which works good enough.

Have a great weekend everyone
Lee-Anne

#77 MandeePandee

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

hi please add me as part of this group original.gif
I'm have a 8yr old daughter and our second is due
On April 15th

#78 nzdebz

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hi All

Please add me to the group, I had bfp @ 5 weeks but due to my history I have just been lingering in the background till a bit more time passed.  

Im due April 18, I had a cervical suture put in almost 3 weeks ago, all is going well and Im looking forward to my next scan in 4 weeks.

Anybody going to find out the sex of their baby?  Im sure I seen boy bits a couple of weeks ago on the scan, but having given birth to a 17 week old I know how hard even in the flesh it can be to tell the gender this early..... will see if my suspicion is right in a few weeks!

#79 pinkcharlibelle

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

I got a big scare today! Finally had my first appt with a doctor for shared care and my NT bloods werent back-she called and they had them but hadn't sent them to the GP or the hospital! Weird as they were taken over a week ago. Anyway she got the results and I was high risk for trisomy 18/Edwards disease!  I started freaking out and she asked a few more questions and called them back-my weight hadn't been taken so they entered that in and it dropped to low risk-phew!  
After trying for #2 for 7 years and suffering so many early MC I really did not think I cope cope mentally with that.  Glad it seems ok-scans were perfect.

#80 Pocket79

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hi all!

Heylee, sounds like a fun trip- my DH would love a trip like that, we are hoping to do some camping after xmas. Enjoy and definitely make the most of not having to set up!

nzdebz, I'm glad all is going well for you this time, touch wood. Excuse my ignorance but what is a cervical suture?  Nope I'm not finding out the sex;) I take it you are! In many ways I would like to- I think it would be easier to find out the sex so I could tell DS he will be getting a baby [brother/sister] but I like surprises too much so won't do it:)

pinkcharlibelle- what a debacle your NT results were! They should be more careful so they don't scare people like that. I'm glad it all turned out ok after the initial worry. I hope all goes well!

No other news from me, just starting to get over the MS (i.e. all day sickness), no flutters yet!

#81 mummanazz

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hello,

I hope it's not too late for me to join this group - I am nearly 16 weeks pregnant with my first child - due April 2013.

Very excited, very nervous and very clueless about many things baby related!

All is going well so far, I have been very lucky not to be ill. I feel quite huge and i'm not sure how much of it is baby and how much of it is burgers....hmm...

Anyway, I hope I can still join this group - Thank you!!  original.gif

ETA- How stupid to point out I'm due April 2013.....when I'm joining the due in April 2013 club! Duh! To be more specific, I'm due on the 23rd!

Edited by mummanazz, 02 November 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#82 spottyladybug

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hello  original.gif

Thought I should stop lurking around this group and say hi! I am 16 weeks on Sunday - starting to get super duper excited. This is our first and we are both looking forward to juniors arrival.

I feel like a ginormous whale (pants haven't fitted over my tummy for about 8 weeks!). Weight gain has been very minimal, and apart from exhaustion am going well.

Will be lovely to chat with you ladies over the next 6 months and beyond.

Hope you are all well.

#83 butterflyme

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

Thanks Pocket79 - I have been looking into yoga/pilates etc, but I'm finding that there isn't much around where I live which is a bugger... the closest is about 45mins away, and at such an inconvenient time, if i was to come home from work I'd have about 15mins before I need to turn around again, or I stay at work for 1.5hrs after I 'finish' - argh!!

My Ob is concerned about a cyst on my ovary which is increasing in size, so is sending me off for another ultrasound (& another $200 out of pocket) in a couple of weeks to check on it's growth.  If it has grown, he is considering surgery to remove (insert major freak out here)....  Apart from the whole cyst thing, at least I get to see my little bug in a couple of weeks, then again a couple of weeks later at my 20wk scan!!

Hope you are all feeling well - I haven't had this elusive energy surge I keep reading about in 2nd trimester yet....!

#84 Heylee

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hi Ladies,
Hope you are all well... original.gif

It's back to reality for me - back to work tomorrow - Bummer dudettes sad.gif

Vent - We've decided to for me to only take 6 months off sad.gif . I'm not sure how I feel about it though. Dont get me wrong my Mark is happy for me to take as much time off as i'd like, but we do need for me to go back to work. We are looking at going to the Kimberleys in 2014 & would love to take around 8 weeks off, but I'm not sure how work would feel if I take 12months off ( so back to work in April2014) then off for 8 weeks in August 2014 (only 4 months back at work). We can put it off - but I don't want to9 we are going with others & not sure if they'd postpone?!?!?
Sorry about the vent ladies - just need to get off my chest.

Take care of yourselves

Lee-Anne xxx

#85 Pocket79

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi ladies!

I hope everyone is well. Welcome Mamanazz and Spottyladybug! I know what you both mean about feeling big- also feel huge and am not sure if it is due to baby or all the carbs I have been craving!

I think I am finally getting my energy back again- I know because I have an overwhelming urge to throw out half the furniture in my house!! Argh the nesting begins!!

Butterflyme, if you can't get to a convenient yoga/ pilates class you could try a DVD. I recently discovered they aren't running the prenatal yoga I went to during my last pregnancy so I ordered this DVD and I find it really good (its Australian which I think is nice):
http://www.jiivana.com.au/bliss-from-within.php

Heylee, hope you had a good break. It's a bit tricky deciding how long to take off work if you want to go on a big holiday when you get back. Could you take 9 months instead of 6? Then there will still be a relatively good gap between returning to work and going away again, plus by the time baby is 9mo you might feel a bit more ready to go back, baby might be in a more solid routine and will hopefully be sleeping through etc whereas 6mo is a bit more dicey in that sense (depending on the baby of course!)...  

Ciao for now!

#86 pinkcharlibelle

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Does anyone have/have had low PAPP-A?  I found out today I have it and I had never heard of it.  I googled a little and stopped-was too scary!  I am high risk and can not see midwives now, only a doctor and growth scans already booked for 28,32,36 weeks and will have another c-section hopefully between 36-39 weeks-apparently 39 is the absolute latest sad.gif  I REALLY don't want baby in special care-I wish there was a way I could help him/her grow big enough!  I am hoping it is still growing ok at the 36 weeks scan and I have it about 38/39 weeks

#87 eskimoo

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Hello

I've been stalking this group for a while (the stalkers seem to be coming out of the woodwork at the moment  biggrin.gif )
I'm due early April but have had a few issues with the pregnancy so haven't wanted to join just in case...

Pinkcharlibelle, I had a low Papp-A come back with this pregnancy. It was 0.26 and so far aren't sure what it means for us.  We have had extra testing done but still waiting for the results.  We are due to have our morph scan on Monday and see the midwife etc to see what the plan is.  I too have googled and of course its not the nicest.   If you want someone to chat to, feel free to PM me original.gif

#88 pinkcharlibelle

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hi eksimoo-oh wow! Mine was .29-so pretty close.  I spoke to the head midwife the other day and she said it's not too low-just a bit low lol so I'm thinking youre probably about the same.  She said for me as mt NT results were all perfectly fine I just need to worry about the placenta doing its thing and the size of the baby.  Im hoping I can make 37 weeks min and also over 6lb with no other issues so bubs can be with me and not in special care, but unfortunately theres nothing I can do to make that happen.  I'd be up for a chat if you want to aswell.

#89 SophieBear

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

Welcome to the new 'stalkers' wink.gif

To the ladies who may not recognise my name, I was OliveMyrtleMay but have since changed my name.

All is well over here! Am over all my first trimester sicknesses and everything is coasting along well!

I felt the baby the other day biggrin.gif which made me very happy and last night felt like I was pregnant with Mexican Jumping Beans!

Hope everyone is well!

#90 Nik15

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been lurking here for awhile & was hesitant to head over from the pregnancy loss boards to here. But I am happy to say that I am now 18 weeks pg and everything seems to be going really well so I thought it was about time to come on here & meet everyone.
I live in Melbourne, have a 3 year old son already and my DH and I just built and moved into our new home 4 weeks before I got my BFP, so we are very excited!
I am due April 21st and heading to NorthPark Private. Look forward to meeting everyone and hearing how you are all feeling!

#91 nzdebz

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

welcome Nik15

its hard to take that step and put yourself out there publically when you have had a loss (or more).  I know how you feel in fact I never joined any groups with my last son for the fear that we would lose him before we got him.  Im pleased to say he is now 6months old, if you need to talk to anyone who has been where you are (or a similar place) please feel free to message me

Debbie

#92 Heylee

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Congrats Nik15 - that's great news ( sorry for your previous loss)

Hi to everyone else original.gif hope you are all well original.gif

AFM nothing too exciting to report. Just passed the 20w mark yesterday. Bought a car seat to celebrate lol.

#93 Nik15

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks Ladies - I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you on here! Hope everyone is keeping well original.gif

#94 spottyladybug

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Hello to Everyone original.gif

Just hit the halfway mark this morning! I had my scan a few days ago and Junior is looking all healthy and even waved hello. Apart from a bit of a cold I am going well - although I am looking forward to the Christmas holidays for lots of lazy days and naps.

Hope you are all keeping well

#95 nzdebz

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

Yes, bring on the holidays....... cant come soon enough!!!
looking forward to officially reaching half way this week, so cant wait to meet my little princess and introduce her to her big brothers

#96 pinkcharlibelle

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

Had my scan over the weekend and it looks like we are having another girl!  There was 3 lines!  So very excited!!  Of course MIL said "I supppose you really wanted a boy" my reply was-No, I am more than happy to have all girls. I guess we will get those types of comments alot and get asked if we will try for a boy next time......if this one was a boy then we would have got- 'you dont need anymore you have your pigeon pair'-so I guess we cant win either way lol!

So excited to be able to really plan now and start sewing for her etc!  

She is a few days smaller than her age and her head it a bit smaller again-but hopefully she may do some catching up as I hope this papp-a isnt already affecting her-dont want her out too early. She is still within the normal range for her age-so fingers crossed when I see the doctor for the first time tomorrow she is positive about it all

#97 spottyladybug

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

Oooo, that is awesome pinkcharlibelle. I am super keen to get some sewing done for jnr when the holidays start! I hope you will post some pictures of stuff you make so we can oo and ahh over them. original.gif  It sucks that you have gotten some negative comments about the gender. Seems people can't just be excited about a baby in general!

Hope everyone else is sailing along smoothly

#98 angieB75

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hi ladies

I haven't been here in ages... get too caught up in the FB page!

Welcome to those who have made the jump to finally post after lurking, I know how hard it is after loss.

So I'm now 23w4d and got another look at my little man this morning.  He didn't want to play with showing his face but was more than happy to flash me his scrotum!  Everything is tracking well and he's weighing about 690gms.

I can't believe how quickly this is all going!

Off to pick up my pram after work - managed to grab a brand new City Select on Gumtree.

Take care and have a great Festive season.

angieB xx

#99 paddasmom

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi everyone!
I was wanting to introduce myself and wish to join your group. I am due 19 April with #2. We haven't found out the sex, we didn't with #1either and loved the surprise! So far i'm feeling good having finally gotten over the morning sickness which was luckily only all day nausea rather than actually being sick, but its something i didn't have with my DS and so it wasn't the best feeling, as i'm sure most of you know! The hardest thing is running around after 26 month DS! He is a little pocket rocket and never keeps still! Think #2 is going to be similar, doing disco dancing at night when i finally get to relax on the couch!
I'm looking forward to hearing how everyone else is going!  biggrin.gif

#100 Mrs_P

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi girls,

I haven't been on here in months, but thought I'd post and reconnect. After our scare early with some spotting early on in my pregnancy, everything has been fine since and we are 27 weeks now. Lucky for me I didn't have any MS, just immense fatigue! I suffer from insomnia which doesn't help at all  wink.gif  
I hope everyone is doing really well and surviving the heat of summer, I will be reading up on your posts and seeing where everyone is at. Is there a Facebook page that I can join? It would be easier than using the EB boards.

Enjoy the weekend!
original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.