Due in April 2013 Chat Thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#26 Ladybird22

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

Hi everyone,
I've been really quiet over the past few weeks, but have been reading the blog regularly. Great stories but unfortunately some really sad ones also...
I'm still trotting along...am now 9 wks 5 days and having blood tests next week and then 12 week scan on the 9th. I haven't had a scan yet so it's all still very surreal. And there are moments I feel a bit anxious but my DH keeps telling me it's all fine. I do have all the symptoms so there's probably nothing to be worried about! I find that I eat a lot! Constantly hungry, except around dinnertime, that's when I feel SO bloated, like I've just finished a 3course meal. And the tiredness...I can't wait for my energy to come back! I hold on to the thought that it's really getting better in the 2nd trimester...:-)
Good luck to you all!
@stacey, would you be able to add me to the list? Due date 20th. Thanks heaps!

#27 SusanStoHelit

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hi all. Had the nuchal scan on Tuesday. Nice strong beat and one actice little flipper. He / she kept on turning their butt to the camera thingy whenever the sonographer tried to take a measurement (and it didn't help that DD2  kept a running commentary about the Thomas the Tank Engine she found in the waiting room. Poor distracted lady!).
Starting to feel less sick now (oh the joys of eating something other than beef 2 minute noodles or vegemite on toast). Hope you are all travelling well, and sorry to those who suffered a loss.

#28 danib84

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi all. First time on a forum x. Pregnant and due 18th April (day before my partners bday) officially 10weeks today. Very excited this is our first pregnancy.

Will take to all the abbreviations soon xox hope u are all well.. morning sickness is def a challenge at the moment but getting thru it! It's for a good cause. As my doc says the ladies that have sickness have the healthiest babies! Xox luv dani

#29 jbm3113

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (duck-o-lah @ 15/09/2012, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for your loss Dee2013 sad.gif  bbighug.gif

Macamel, I'm exactly one week behind you, going for my scan the following Tues original.gif Good luck!

And I'm due the same day as you duck-o-lah! I'm going for my scan on this Monday coming so will be 11w6d but have to travel 3 hours to get there so we are going up Sunday. Quite excited and quite nervy too!

#30 MummyBean

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

hi everyone!
sorry being MIA, been away on a mini-holiday to Melbourne and also had a moment of pregnancy blues last week that made me decide to have a time off from the net and all the googling. I worry a lot and being a first timer it doesn't help as I try to google everything and always get like worst case scenario.

my condolences to those who lost their little angels sad.gif

welcome to the all the new mum to be in the forum original.gif

i have my first OB meeting today!! wooot! so hopefully things are OK. wanna hear bean's heartbeat again original.gif

@stacey82 - my due date is 24 April original.gif

satisfy your cravings ladies original.gif

#31 brisvegasmama

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this thread and also a newbie to the whole pregnancy world! My first bub is due April 2nd and I'm 33 and in sunny Brisbane.

I had my nuchal scan today, including an internal scan, and it was so exciting to see/hear the heartbeat and a pretty good view of my bub! I had a dating scan at 8wks but it was much clearer today, especially during the internal scan. Loved seeing bub wiggling around and waving to us!

Its great seeing so many Apr13 mums on here, hopefully I can join your list? Looking forward to enjoying the ride with you all! original.gif

#32 ~A2~

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hi girls

Just popping in to check on you all and wanted to express my sympathy to those who have suffered losses.  My thoughts are with you please take care.

Ali

#33 Heylee

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:30 PM

Welcome Brisvegasmama & DaniB hope you both have an enjoyable pregnancy x

MummyBean - I too am a first time mummy and an older one too(41) I too tend to spend too much time looking at dr google and reading to far into things :|. Sometimes you just need to step back (although that is easier said than done at times). Everyone is here to help. Enjoy x

Hi to all the other beautiful mumma's enjoy your day x

#34 Macamel

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hi Ladies!

Welcome to all the newbies  waves.gif

Congrats to everyone who has had their nuchal scans.  It's such a great milestone to reach.

I had my nuchal scan on Tuesday and it all went well. Today I finally got the results for the Downs test I did last week (it's a very new test that has similar accuracy to an amnio and cvs that is available in the country where I live, it's due to be released inOz early next year).  Anyway, I got the all clear. I'm so incredibly relieved and I finally feel like I can relax a bit and start to embrace this pregnancy. I can also finally share the news which will be lovely. We only told our parents a couple of days ago.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great weekend!

#35 MalOwenEv&Jr

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hey Ladies!!

Ok, just to keep any FB group chatter etc to a minimum, as there hasnt been a note on THIS chat thread, and noting we have some new mummas to be... here we go.

If you would like to join the FB group, please send a friends request through to myself at www.facebook.com/leshortie (Please accompany is with a PM with your EB name so I can ensure you are actually a DIG Apr 2013 person??? that would be great wink.gif )... I can add you from there. Feel free to delete me off your friends list after as you see fit original.gif

Ok, THAT aside.

I FINALLY caved and asked for another scan for dating... I am much further behind than I first thought!!! MY calculations said 11th apr, DR's said 18th, scan says 24th/25th! Ill set it to the 24th for now... but yay, I may get a birthday baby for me!!!! PLUS!!!! BABY HAS A HEARTBEAT!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 167 bpm original.gif <3 Still cruising along well, no real MS etc to speak of.

#36 MalOwenEv&Jr

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Ack, submitted that before I was finished!!!

Was adding an apology for not making it on here much, getting onto the laptop (and the Laptop actually WORKING!!!) is an event and a half, with the 2 tyrants at home lol.

Sorry to hear of the losses, may you heal with the time to come, and may your hearts heal <3

#37 MrsKampo

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hi all, I'm new to this group as I thought I was due first week of may but after a dating scan last week have a new date of 30th April so just sneak into your group biggrin.gif
This will be DP and I's first baby so we're both super excited and a bit scared too! Has taken a few weeks to sink in that this is really happening.... Don't think I was really convinced until I seen the little heartbeat at my scan on Wednesday (awesome experience!!). Heart rate was 157bpm at 8wk+1day not sure if that's normal or not though?
Have told close family and my best friend and will wait until after 12wks to tell everyone else. Everyone is over the moon as are we but I'm trying not to get too excited just yet as anything could happen in the next few weeks.
I look forward to reading all about everyone's experiences on here, hope you all have nice and easy pregnancies and best of luck for everything  biggrin.gif

#38 MrsKampo

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

Sorry accidentally posted that twice... Stupid phone!! mad.gif

Edited by MrsKampo, 23 September 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#39 Suzanne84

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm back online again after being away in Sydney for a week. I want to send my condolences to those of you who've miscarried in the last couple of weeks.

I've booked my NT scan for next week, does anyone know if you should go by dating scan dates when booking it or should I go by my own cycle dates? By the dating scan I'll be 13+4 but by my dates I'll be 14+0 and I'm a bit worried it'll be too late to get a result. I got the earliest appointment possible that DH could come to, otherwise I'd have booked it for this week but DH has a heavy work schedule. Otherwise everything is going well here, my belly is getting huge!

#40 Wrightality

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on here in ages.  Only have access thru my phone mostly and I can't post.  I've been mainly getting on to the Facebook group.

Over the weekend i had a little (well massive) meltdown worrying that I wasn't pregnant anymore.  My symptoms had all seemed to disappear - yes, even the sore (.)(.)'s were gone! (The same thing happened when we had a m/c in April)  So, I went into the hospital yesterday and even though the doctor there looked at me as though I was crazy, she organised an ultrasound for me.  Quickest ultrasound I've  ever had!  And thankfully that little bub was waving it's arms and legs at me saying "I'm ok mummy!"

So, 10w4d here.  Have our NT scan booked in for 12w6d (they like us as close to 13w as possible), and blood test some time this week...

Mrs Puddles - What kind of GD research group are you in?  Have you had any probs/family history? I had GD last pregnancy and so I'm having an early GTT at 16w (and I've already started eating a (mostly) diabetic diet, given I'm starting this weight still a little overweight - which is my choice, but strongly encouraged by my doctor when I offered.)

Everyone else - hope those bellies are all doing well - belly rubs everywhere!  Good luck with your upcoming scans for those of you having them soon

xxx

#41 Mumma Kell

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Hi everyone i've just become a member original.gif

I'm due on the 12th of April

I'd really like to be added to the facebook group and have tried using the thread but it has been locked sad.gif Could someone please help me?

I'm looking forward to following all our pregnancy joys together original.gif xx

#42 Wrightality

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

Welcome Mumma Kell - congrats!

FYI Re: Facebook group -
If you would like to join the FB group, please send a friends request through to MalOwenandBabe at www.facebook.com/leshortie (Please accompany is with a PM with your EB name so I can ensure you are actually a DIG Apr 2013 person??? that would be great  )... I can add you from there. Feel free to delete me off your friends list after as you see fit

#43 ~Lilly*Jay~

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hi all, I have been reading this thread for a while now, and thought it was time I introduced myself biggrin.gif
I am due April 21st and have two gorgeous kids who are nearly 5 and 7. The last few weeks have been up and down like a roller coaster for me. I am a single mum, my ex and I have been apart for about 18 months now (together for 8 years) and this is his baby. So complicated but after the shock has worn off I am happy to say I am so excited  biggrin.gif
Would like to join the fb group but my family/friends don't know as of yet, so I better wait  biggrin.gif
Can't wait to get to know you all.

Edited by ~Lilly*Jay~, 27 September 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#44 Oh My......

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Lilly*jay you can still join FB group as its private

#45 flowerball

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm so sorry as I have not been around pretty much since a week or so after our BFP and initial tests etc.  

Firstly just wanted to send my love and thoughts to those who have lost their bubs - my heart and condolences go out to you xxx

and also a warm welcome to the new ladies!

I feel like I have lost the last 6 weeks to sickness and exhaustion...either throwing up, sleeping and trying to work inbetween  biggrin.gif

Pleased to report that I'm starting to feel better, still lots of sickness but not as intense and energy is back up.  We've had a couple of scans and bub looks amazing - I am so excited! Although, I am struggling being in that inbetween stage of not looking like I am pregnant so just looking a little chunky..LOL!  has anyone started to buy maternity clothes yet?  My work dresses are soo uncomfortable already.

Anyway, I promise to try an participate much more from now on although forgive me if I do go quiet at times - after a year of planning, we are in the countdown to our wedding which is now only 7 weeks away (we fell pregnant a little earlier than we expected!!) now so trying to finish off last bits - all very exciting. And then off on a nice long honeymoon which will now be a babymoon too! ahhh bliss!

love, flowerball xxxx

#46 MalOwenEv&Jr

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

oh flowerball how exciting!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif I really should plan my wedding... one day haha! I have been busy being pregnant / recovering from pregnancy since october 2009.... maybe I will plan it for 2014 wink.gif I hope you have a cruisy next 7 weeks - no MS or sleepies on the big day!!!! I dont think I ever cycled my maternity pants OUT of the wardrobe... so comfy lol.

Lilly*jayOh I can only imagine what a rollercoaster that would be for you, but how lovely for you!!! I am glad you are so happy original.gif Welcome to the group!!

MRS*Puddles - ok, sooo... where'd you get your hubby and where can I trade my DF in for one???? / where can I send him for training???? LOL Oh MAN I wish I could have some KFC... I just want the chippies. and potato and gravy. NEVER forget potato and gravy for dipping the chippies in. Oh  boy I want KFC bad now!!!

*wave* hello anyone I missed - sry, it only really lets me see a few posts, and my brain is MUSHHHHHY!

AFM - Still plodding along... Kinda bored to be honest... I have a hospital appointment on the 4th... soooo I guess I can get excited about that soon? maybe they'll doppler baby? that would be nice to hear... as I didnt hear it in the scan... I was just told. I love hearing their little hearbeats... sounds JUST like a little train speeding past lol... or at least, thats what I think of each time original.gif
My two boys seem to know Im running low on energy... bless their cotton socks!!!! DF is driving me loopy, I worked out the hours we see him AWAKE at home for per week are less than most people work a week. *sigh* I think when we were in the navy, I actually saw him more all up, as he took leave now and then, and when he was away for ages, he would have a few days at home etc. GRRRR. heres hoping he is home for the WHOLE long weekend (wishful thinking I know... he always works saturdays).
I am feeling so bizarrely WELL this pregnancy. If I hadnt seen little Blobster waving around at me the other day, I wouldnt beleive I was pregnant. seriously. Maybe it is a girl??? my boys have both sent me racing to the bathroom for at least the first 12 weeks in a huge way haha!!!

Hope you are all doing well!!!!

#47 Bansidhe

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hi guys,

Just popping in to confirm my due date: 23 April 2013.

Just had my first appointment with the midwife at William Angliss Family Birth Centre, and am booked in for the 12 week scan, so it is starting to feel rather real!

#48 pinkcharlibelle

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:53 PM

Hi All,
Just wanting to introduce myself-have been popping in over the past few weeks.  I'm due 26th April - 6 days before DD turns 8yrs old!  This was an unexpected but very much wanted bubba-we have been trying since DD was 5 months old, had lots of very early MC and were about to start IVF (very low and poor sperm count) and one day-SURPRISE!!  I *should be 10wk 4 days-but they changed my dates on me but I'm hoping to get them changed back as hubby works away so I KNOW when things were done laughing2.gif

#49 flowerpuff

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

Morning ladies - happy grand final day - am FINALLY starting to relax and enjoy this pregnancy a bit more.... as had our 12 week scan yesterday - bubs is kicking along nicely, looks like we have another little pink one.... DD is very excited..

Didn't hear anything re: my risk factor for bloods and nuchal fold test yesterday so assuming all is okay as was told I would probably only get a phone call if there was any concern... big relief as I am 39...

So have posted a little note on facebook to tell the world - close friends and family already knew...

Now for some added excitement and stress... we have decided to sell our little house and buy something bigger so now working flat biccy as would love to have our house on the market by the end of October.. so very excited about having some more space by the time this little bundle of joy arrives...

Hope everyone is well.... and have a great weekend..
bbighug.gif

#50 VickiLong

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hello Everyone,

Id love to join the group. Im due with my third April 19th.
I already have two beautiful girls (13 years and 11 months) Im a little nervous, to say the least about an 18 month age gap, but it will be nice to have siblings close together.
I haven't had a chance to go back through the posts and catch up on everything yet, but will do that soon.

I joined a group from EB when I was pregnant with my baby (due in Nov11), which turned into a FB group. It has been a great support and wealth of infomation, a year later everyones still talking, sharing stories and asking questions.

I look forward to sharing the journey with you all.

Vicki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.