Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Gold wink.gif

#3 Torquoise

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:55 PM

Silver

#4 emski72

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Bronze!

Bye guys I'm off to Vietnam for two weeks tomorrow so I will catch you all when I get back and I hope to hear of a plethora of BFP's!
Springy I hope you have a successful transfer.

I had BT on Friday and it was a BFN - still no AF but I'm out this cycle. I shouldn't have gone ahead with transfer in hindsight, this cycle has been too stupid from the start. I don't even think I ovulated when the FS thought I did and I can't believe he didn't order a BT before transfer to confirm ovulation.  Day 57 today mellow.gif .

Catch you all in a couple of weeks
x

#5 Peaches.

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hi everyone

Spring - I hope you are feeling OK. I can't imagine what OHSS would feel like but it doesn't sound fun. I hope you are able to do a transfer soon.

Em - sorry to hear of your BFN. I hope you have a fantastic holiday - lucky you. I have always wanted to go to Vietnam. Enjoy!

Luci - sorry your HCG hasn't gone down yet. It is so frustrating just waiting around. You probably just want to get back into it. Hopefully won't be long wait for you.

Hi to Jane, Chloe, Liltuss, Torquise, Pilar.

AFM. My weekend away was fantastic. Just what I needed to take my mind off stuff. I have been so busy at work all week too which has also been great distraction - just haven't stopped. We are taking this month off (well my clinic doesn't do back to back anyway) and have appt with doc this week. So we will just wait and see what he says and take it from there.

Have a good week everyone!

#6 chloe69

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Springy - hugs, you poor thing. That must have been just awful. I'm sorry you are still in pain. bbighug.gif

Peaches - glad the weekend was what you needed!

Emski - have fun in Vietnam. I went there about 10 years ago and loved it! Especially Hanoi...and the made to measure clothing shops around Hue...though I'm sure it has changed so much now. Looking forward to hearing updates when you get back.

Luci - are you ready to share with us how the wedding went now that the ILs have gone? Sigh...I love a wedding! (though not my own!)

Liltuss - confusing signals for you. How are you holding up?

Jane - any update?

Hello to everyone else. I hope that you enjoyed the weekend.

AFM - I asked my boss whether I'd have a job when I came back to work after Maternity leave and she said "Probably not - not the same one anyone. Perhaps something else will come up in the meantime"...and so I'm a bit stressed about finances and trying to do some planning for the mortgage (it was on the cards - lots of redundancies at work and her and I don't get on really....)...but not as stressed as I was after thinking it through. I commute 4 hours a day so perhaps time to scale back a bit and find something locally, or where I can work from home a bit more. That could be an exciting change of direction.

Chloe

#7 anon13

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:41 AM

Chloe - sorry to hear about the stress of your job but maybe the silver lining will be that you don't have to work with your old boss anymore?  wink.gif

Peaches. - so happy you had a great weekend away; you def deserved some you time  bbighug.gif

Em- sorry to hear about the bfn  sad.gif  Have a great time in Vietnam!!  We are off to Phuket in a couple of weeks and I'm counting down the days.

Hi to everyone else, sorry have to be quick as flat out at work today.

Well I did a hpt yesterday being fathers day and of course bfn but I think I'm only 8dpo so know it was way too early.  Will do another one on Friday or Sat if af hasn't shown up then.  No real symptons though boobs are getting a bit sore which usually doensn't happen until a day before af so still hoding out some hope  hands.gif

#8 chloe69

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

Jane - fingers crossed for you for Friday/Saturday (will you be able to wait until Saturday???)! That would be some great news to take away to Phuket with you!
Chloe

#9 146 Lucina

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:03 PM

Jane, - Good luck for the weekend. I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Chloe, - I don't know how you commuted 4hrs a day. Thats 3 hours you should be home with your little ones. I'm sure you'll get something better and closer to home when the time comes.

My wedding was different. biggrin.gif  DS was supposed to walk me up the Isle, but he got a bit of stage fright, the poor dear, so I had to pick him up. He wouldn't let me go all ceremony. Ring exchange and all. He wouldn't even go to dad, so when I had to put DH's ring on I just had to swap DS to the other arm. God bless his cotton socks! And he is a heavy little boffin too at 12kg. I'm sure it will make for some cute photos, which reminds me, we should call the photographer to see how they are going.

Peaches, - So happy you had a great weekend. You should do it again soon.

Em, - Have a great time in Vietnam. Remember, - Straight and steady pace as cross the road, LOL.

Hi to everyone else.  waves.gif

Luci...

#10 chloe69

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

Awwwwhhhh Luci - that is such a cute story about DS! He made sure he was really involved in the wedding then. It is lovely that he was able to share it with you....though at the ring exchange time you may have wanted another arm.

You are right about the 4 hour commuting being a waste. DS comes with me 3 days per week...it has been on a train so we get to read and draw and I've come to enjoy the time together as I don't run around doing housework and just focus on him. However it isn't really quality time and is quite tiring so I'll be glad to say goodbye to that whilst on Maternity leave.

Ladies - anyone know any good websites that can help with a diet for fertility? I'm curious to know whether the "statistics" support that it works.....and to see if any of the things that they push you to eat are lacking in my diet.
Anyone tried including certain foods in their diet to increase their chances of conceiving?

Chloe

#11 spring_rain

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

Luci loved your wedding story, and how DS didn't want to "give" you away. Hope you get some great photos.

Chloe I read the book Em recommended. The Fertility Plan, which had some information on diet. I'd already been given some similar advice by a dietitian I went to see, so maybe that's another way to get some info.  

4 hours commuting each day  oomg2.gif oomg.gif Wow, you must really be organised. I'm sorry to hear about the uncertainty of the job, and good luck on the search for something closer and more flexible.

Em  have a great time in Vietnam.

Jane hoping for some good news original.gif

Hi to Liltuss, Pingy, Peaches, Waterilily Turquoise and everyone else.

AFM - back to a flabbier version of normal, and feeling much better. I ended up having the transfer on Saturday even though I still didn't feel back to normal.So just waiting until next Weds to get a BT. Have been back to yoga yesterday and doing some walking, which is great. Better head off and do some work.

#12 anon13

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Spring - so happy you are feeling better, best of luck in the 2ww.  Hoping this one is the one!

Chloe - sorry I don't know much about diet and fertility so can't help.  That is great that you and ds get to spend time doing things together on the commute but it does sound tiring.

Luci - your wedding and ds not wanting to "let go" sounds so special  wub.gif I got teary reading that, it's just too sweet.

afm - was going to test on Friday but DH is off to the footy so will wait until Sat morning if af hasn't shown her ugly face by then.  Still sore (.)(.) but not much else, I keep swaying between being positive to thinking it hasn't happened again.  Guess time will tell..... wwhistle.gif

#13 146 Lucina

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Jane, - Good luck for saturday's testing, I'm keeping everything crossed for you. Only two more sleeps.

Chloe, - I have a list of super foods for fertility but i cant find the website that I got it from. I'll try copy and paste it in here.

Spring, - good luck with your 2ww. I'm glad the ohss has settled down.

AFM, - Spotting is back so I'm hoping (again) that it means my hCG has gone back to normal.

Edited by 146 Lucina, 07 September 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#14 146 Lucina

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Here you go Chloe;

Fertility Super Foods,

1. Pineapple - Contains bromelain which can act as a blood thinner, that can increase blood flow to the uterus. Bromelain is found in fresh pineapple, specifically in the core. Pineapple also contains selenium that helps to thicken the uterine lining and promote a healthy womb lining which aids with implantation.
2. Brazil nuts -- A top source of selenium, a vitamin that helps keep sperm cells healthy while also helping sperm motility and quality. Brazil nuts are also a good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps protect sperm cells against free-radical damage. Brazil nuts also help with implantation and to thicken the uterus lining.
3. Yams - Wild yams are said to be a fertility superfood that have also been linked with multiple births. A tribe in Africa whose diet consists mostly of yams was recently found to have exceptionally high rates of twins and multiple births. Yams are thought to contain chemicals that stimulate hyperovulation, increasing your chances of conceiving.
4. Maca - A fertility superfood from Peru which helps to balance the hormones, increase egg health, increase progesterone in the body, increase sperm count and health, and is a tonic for the endocrine system.
5. Royal Jelly - A fertility superfood which is said to increase egg health, quality of egg, and general fertility. It is rich is vitamins, calcium, iron, amino acids and immune stimulating properties. Interestingly, royal jelly is the food that is fed to the queen bee which is what makes her the queen bee. She goes on to live 6 years and lays up to 2000 eggs per day. Other bees live less than two months.
6. Bee Propolis and Bee Pollen - Two fertility super foods that are rich in nutrients to help the immune system, and it also helps women who have endometriosis.
7. Whole grains - Whole grains such as oats, brown rice, whole wheat and quinoa are complex carbohydrates that contain an abundance of B and E vitamins that are essential for cellular reproduction, hormonal balance and the production of healthy ova and sperm. Women should be sure to eat lots of oatmeal.
8. Oily Fish - Oily fish such as salmon, mackerel and sardines are the best source of essential fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6 which play an important role in regulating reproductive functioning, improving blood flow and enhancing sperm quality and mobility.
9. Full Fat Dairy - Research has found that women who eat at least one portion of full fat dairy a day are significantly less likely to suffer from fertility problems that those who eat half fat or non dairy options. Whole dairy is a great source of calcium, which is important in the development and maintenance of the nervous system, bones and blood. Great sources are whole milk, whole yogurt, cheese, ice cream. Have fun eating up!
10. Olive Oil -- Provides a rich source of vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant and an essential fertility nutrient for both men and women as it improves the viability of sperm and helps to regulate both ovulation and the production of cervical mucus and healthy hormone functioning.
11. Garlic - Contains an abundance of fertility boosting nutrients, which enhance male fertility and help prevent the chromosome breakage that may play a role in early miscarriage. Garlic also contains vitamin B6 which helps to regulate hormones and strengthens the immune system.
12. Blueberries - A super-food loaded with antioxidants. They are a natural disease fighting food, high in fiber, and contain a potent dose of proanthocyanidins beneficial for cognitive function, cardiovascular, and reproductive health.
13. Avocados - One of the most potent antioxidants and disease fighting foods available.
14. Green tea -- This one is controversial, because it contains caffeine, which is a fertility no, no. But, if you are so inclined to have a cup, this miracle tea contains antioxidants useful for cancer protection and, if taken regularly, can help to lower cholesterol, improve blood sugar balance and increase your energy and fertility.
15. Wild Fresh Salmon -- A miracle food that is extremely high in essential fatty acids. All of the cell membranes in the body are comprised of fatty acids and our brain is over 70% fatty tissues. These fats are crucial for a healthy mind, memory, blood pressure regulation, and fertility enhancement.
16. Raw Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds - A great food for male fertility, as they contain high levels of zinc and essential fatty acids which are vital to healthy functioning of the male reproductive system. These seeds have been shown to help with male fertility. It is recommended that a man with a low sperm count eat 1/4 cup a day.
17. Almonds & Walnuts - these raw nuts are rich in healthy oils, zinc, selenium, and vitamin E that can increase sperm and egg quality.
18. Flaxseed - A miracle food that in known for it's cancer protective ability, along with providing a good source of fiber and essential fatty acids that will aid fertility.
19. Lean Red Meat - Lean red meat is a great source of iron, which helps to prevent anemia, decreases the risk of ovulatory infertility and plays a role in the production and function of red blood cells. Red meat is also a good source of vitamin B12, which is essential in the maintenance and development of the nervous system.
20. Honey - Honey has been used to enhance fertility throughout history, as it is incredibly rich in the minerals and amino acids that nourish the reproductive system and stimulate ovarian function.
21. Whey protein powder - Getting enough protein in your diet can have a huge effect on fertility. If you do not get enough protein in your diet, consider a protein powder that is organic or raised without hormones and antibiotics, and the protein source should never be soy.
22. Spirulina - A tiny aquatic plant that has more protein than soy, more Vitamin A than carrots, more iron than beef, and is easy to digest.
23. Spinach - Spinach and other leafy greens are an excellent source of folic acid which is important in optimizing sperm production, facilitating regular, healthy ova production and helping to prevent neural tube defects during early pregnancy. It is also a great source of iron and vitamin C which helps to enhance sperm quality by protecting the DNA stored within it from damage.
24. Oysters -It is the abundance of zinc that gives it its fertility boosting qualities. Zinc is often considered to be the most important fertility nutrient as it has been shown to help with both healthy sperm and egg production.
25. Chillies - Have been known to increase the flow of blood around the body, ensuring that the reproductive system gets a healthy supply. Chillies also stimulate endorphin production, which means more fertility boosting, stress releasing, happy hormones circulate around your body. But don’t eat them after ovulation/transfer.
26. Red, Orange, & Dark Geen Vegetables - Getting enough vegetables is important for boosting overall reproductive health.
27. Citrus Fruits- Contain folic acid and can help with fertility.
28. Legumes (beans, peas, lentils, garbanzo)-- A good source of protein that can aid with fertility.
29. Eggs - High in selenium to help create a healthy uterus for implantation. Also a great source of protein to help with egg and sperm quality.
30. Quinoa -- A superfood that is a great source of protein that is linked to fighting cancer and increasing fertility.
31. 2 Liters of Filtered Water Per Day(preferably not bottles) -- It should be filtered and clean to help flush out toxins from the body and increase general reproductive health. Plastic bottles could have PCB chemicals that leak into the water and contribute to cancer and low fertility.

#15 Torquoise

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hi Ladies

Just a quick note to everyone. I'm still around but have had no time to reply to any posts but will soon.

I'm well but still not cycling as I need to lose more weight.

Congratulations to Luci, wonderful news that you got married.

Ciao

Torquoise

#16 spring_rain

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Just a quick hi today.

Turquoise Hope your diet and exercise plan is still giving you good results.

waves.gif Hi to everyone else hope that you have a good weekend

Well, I think I'm out for this month - 4 days after ET I started spotting, and today it's a definite bleed. Feel pretty ripped off that AF has been 4 days early which has never happened. What a waste of a perfectly good embie   cry1.gif aannoyed.gif mad.gif    

I've been in this afternoon for a BT so just waiting for it to confirm what I know. At least I'll be able to go back to the gym and have a glass of wine with dinner tomorrow night.

#17 146 Lucina

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Spring, - I'm so sorry. I wish it was me instead of you getting AF. I'll still keep my fingers crossed though. Until you get your BT results back anyway.

Torquoise, - Thanks... And good luck with the weight loss.

#18 Water_lily

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Sorry Spingy. Did they take you any drugs?

#19 spring_rain

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Luci, thanks for the message, really appreciate it  original.gif BT has confirmed BFN, so have to wait till next month.

Waterlily the clinic gave me progesterone twice a day starting several days before transfer but I guess my body had other ideas.

#20 anon13

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Spring - I'm sorry for your bfn  sad.gif  hhugs.gif

Quick one from me as I don't feel up to posting much but got af right on time yesterday (didn't even get the chance to test).  Feeling very blah at the moment but know I will be better / stronger next week...only one more month until our last ivf cycle so trying to remain positive for that.

hheart.gif  to you all.

#21 Peaches.

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Jane - so sorry AF arrived. It is disappointing. Just keep being positive leading up to your last IVF cycle.

Springy - sorry about your BFN. I hope you had that well deserved glass of vino.

Luci - wow thanks for that list of superfoods. Very interesting.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM - not much from me. Still deciding if we will do another cycle next month. My doc wants me to do another one to see how I will go. I'm still getting over the disappointment of last cycle. Hubby wants us to do another one too. I just don't know - I think I am scared to do another one!

#22 chloe69

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Springy - bbighug.gif for your disappointing news. AF 4 days early? Did they get the transfer date correct? I understand that you would feel that it is a waste of an embie... sad.gif

Luci - thanks for posting the superfoods. Some I eat already (I'm good on the dairy) but the fish I need to up....the addition of the wild yams was interesting. I don't think I've ever seen those in the supermarket....but they sound like they should be a popular choice for those wanting to conceive...

Chloe

#23 spring_rain

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

Jane I am sorry to hear that AF arrived.   bbighug.gif

Chloe The date was right by my calculations too, which was why I was so freaked out by the early AF.

Peaches It has been tough, but hope you can feel optimistic enough to do another cycle.There must be some good ones in there!  bbighug.gif

AFM - Back at the gym, and am feeling much better and more like myself again. I decided to forgo the wine, to take the "path of least regret" and just do what I can in terms of eating, drinking and being healthy. I want to give my body the best chance, so am prepared to forgo the wine for the time being.

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week.

#24 chloe69

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Jane - I hope you are doing okay. bbighug.gif You wouldn't wish the #TTC path on your worst enemy......it is a stressful journey.Look after yourself.Chloe

#25 chloe69

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Double post

Edited by chloe69, 14 September 2012 - 01:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.