Survivor Philipines starts Sept 19
US Pace, will be spoilers

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Cheryl_v

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

I know there are less and less of us participating every season but I have hopes this season will be OK because there are no Hantzes involved Tounge1.gif  The season starts in about 3.5 weeks and the returning Survivors are the ones that had been speculated about towards the end of last season, ie Mike Skulpin (Survivor Australian Outback), Russell Swan (Survivor Samoa) and Jonathon Penner (Survivor FvF and Cook Islands)

I liked all of them (mostly) on their seasons and I think Russell and Mike definitely deserve a second chance but seriously, unless the new batch of survivors don't vote them out early on one of these guys is going to win and then the returning survivor premise has lost me.

#2 Scootaloo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

I'm here  waves.gif

I am hanging out, but I agree this had better be a good season or else Survivor is sliding down a slippery slope.  This really had better be the last of the return player seasons, they need to get a whole fresh batch of players in , and take the game back to basics.

Jen

#3 Peanut

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

I follow the thread but don't say an awful lot (you all say it so well,lol)!  I'll be away for the first few episodes but hope to catch up and then join in.

I too am not too impressed with returning players, but so be it.  I saw a photo of a group of them though, all buff bodies and beautiful faces again.  Where's the characters....sigh?

#4 Cheryl_v

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Unfortunately Jen the season after this is speculated to be another FvF style with half returning players sad.gif  Jeff has gone on record saying that he thinks returning players are awesome and since he is now both the Executive Producer and Creative Producer what he wants is what he gets.

#5 Bel Rowley

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm not a fan of returning players. I like a clean slate, all newbies. Will keep fingers crossed this season is a good one.

#6 Scootaloo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Pffft I notice he got his own talk show to start soon so I guess they think he knows what he is talking about.  Surely the viewers in the US are getting as sick of return players as we are.  Boo Jeff  (never thought I'd have to say that)

There better be some good challenges and gameplay to keep us interested this season.

Jen

#7 Mum2Jax12

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

I love this show!  I too am not a fan of returning players anymore as I think it has been done to death. I think it's only a matter of time before the gay guy from last season (I can't remember his name) comes back as it was heavily hinted at during the last finale. I hope they also leave Redemption Island behind.
Bring on the characters!!  Less buff and more crazy!!

#8 dsk72

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

OK peeps, can someone PM me with the best place to watch this at US pace?  I'm not counting on Ch9 doing the right thing and playing this any time this year.

Thank youuuuuu!!!

Cheers

#9 Scootaloo

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

Not long now girls, fingers crossed we get an awesome series.

Jen

#10 Cheryl_v

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

It's Survivor day, yay!  90min premiere, be back later when I've watched it original.gif

#11 Scootaloo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

I am attempting to watch it now, but have an overtired child trying every excuse under the sun to not go to bed  rant.gif

Not sure I like 3 tribes but we'll see how it plays out.

Also BBL with more.

Jen

#12 Scootaloo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:54 PM

Ok, my thoughts.  Spoilers below

They def made the right decision to vote Zane out, a guy that big who can't compete well in challenges would drag the team down, I imagine he would eat more food than the others but not return that payoff by blitzing challenges with his size etc.

Russell is driving me bonkers already, does he think he has it in the bag?  Because there is no way he is going to stay around for long with his over confidence.  I couldn't believe the way he took over the challenge but didn't listen to any of his tribe mates.

Jonathon also seems as arrogant as ever, and I agree with his tribe that 3 times in the game is a bit too much.

Mike seems to be ok, I think enough time has passed since his season that people think he deserves another go.  Plus he seems to know how to work the game a little better.  Perhaps that gives an idea of how much the game has changed since then.

Jen

Edited by Scootaloo, 21 September 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#13 Cheryl_v

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

I agree with everything you have said Jen.  Looking at Zane I think he has lost a massive amount of weight, like well over 50kgs by the amount of loose skin and saggy moobs, so combining that with smoking he probably isn't anywhere near as fit as he might appear.  If Russell doesn't change after telling everyone at TC that he knows he fell back into poor leadership habits he will not last, there is no way those other 4 will keep him because they are all smart enough and driven enough to actually follow through with voting him out.

I am worried about Mike.  Like the investment banker (with the massive boobs) said he doesn't pay enough attention to the small details and 4 injuries in that environment in that weather within 2 days is a really bad start. Being aware of moving with the game rather than making big moves at the start is good, he has obviously been watching seasons after his own and seen how the game has changed.

Red team has the most beautiful camp original.gif  As for the new players I don't think we've seen enough to know where they are all going yet but red seems most cohesive (as in everyone against Jonathon lol) followed by yellow then blue.

#14 Cheryl_v

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

That episode seemed to move really fast.  There was a lot more camp life than you often see in other recent seasons, probably because of the three tribes, but it just felt like it wasn't a full episode after last week.  They really could make a 90 min ep every week I think.

I think it's going to work out to be an interesting season.  Two people have tried to make powerplays immediately and they have both been voted out immediately but they were both on the same tribe so there's no way to know what is going to happen on the other tribes.  It looks like Mike is going to continue to hurt himself until he is either voted out or medically evacuated again, either way will be fun to watch Tounge1.gif  Lisa, as a fan, should have thought more about how she was going to cope living with strangers as an introvert rather than just how the Survivor experience would feel, the editors seem to say she isn't going to last much longer but I wouldn't be surprised given how she performed in the challenge if she manages to stick around to the merge.

So far I'm enjoying this season more than I thought I might with the three returning Survivors.

#15 Scootaloo

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

I am enjoying it too, so far so good.  It is not a 'look at me, returning survivor' show like it has been in the last few seasons.

I felt it moved quickly too Cheryl, I know I watched it but feel like I need to look at it again to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Interesting that they voted ??? (can't remember her name) off, I think what she picked up on, with the potential power couple is spot on and they will come to regret voting her off instead of splitting them up.

Given the way they work as a team, or rather DON'T work as a team and no one is willing to step up in the challenges that tribe hasn't got a hope.  I think they will continue to lose until they are gone.

Jen

#16 Jen1

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

We just watched the first 2 episodes over the last few days. I do like the clean slate approach with no returning Survivors.  Mike has got to be accident prone, for him to have all these little injuries.  I wonder if they will merge them very shortly as the 1 team has only 4 members. The way Jeff was speaking at tribal council makes me think there will be a merge very shortly.

#17 Cheryl_v

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

I agree Jen, due to the imbalance they might have to change to a 2 tribe game which will be very interesting with Jonathan having found an immunity idol and potentially ending up on a tribe where the idol is still present.

#18 Scootaloo

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

Will be very interesting if returning players end up together, I think Russell and Jonathon would battle to be top dog a bit where as Mike is just like any other player (and I will not be surprised at all if he gets medically removed again, he needs to start really taking it more carefully)

Looking forward to more this week, so far this season has me interested more than the last few.

Jen

#19 Cheryl_v

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Jen that's because there are no Hantzes Tounge1.gif

#20 Scootaloo

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Cheryl_v @ 02/10/2012, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jen that's because there are no Hantzes Tounge1.gif

LOL you know what, you just may right on the money there  laughing2.gif

Bring on Hantz free Survivor.

Jen

#21 Jen1

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Did you say panzies?  tongue.gif

#22 Scootaloo

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (Jen1 @ 03/10/2012, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you say panzies?  tongue.gif

roll2.gif

Jen

#23 Jen1

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

We have just watched this episode. Don't read any further to read SPOILERS!!!

Glad Angie was voted out, she did nothing around the camp and for challenges. Good to see that Malcolm and Denise are still there with their alliance.  I think they will be strong together however with there numbers down it may not last for too long. I wonder when there will be a join in teams?

#24 Scootaloo

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Surely the merge must happen soon, or at least mixing and splitting back into 2 teams.

I agree that Angie needed to go, just saying I would have gone again, and I would not have given up, but not actually doing much in challenges isn't enough.  That said, I did not like the way that Russell spoke to her at TC.  The 'little girl' comment was a bit much for me.

Jen

#25 Jen1

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

I agree Jen, didn't like the way that Russell spoke to her at Tribal Council, however I think they show us what they want us to see.  Lucky that this Russell isn't a Hantze.  laughing2.gif

Edited by Jen1, 04 October 2012 - 10:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.