Due in Feb, 2013 Chat Thread #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

#51 Shelleygirl

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I have been feeling pretty average, starting to feel better now though! Lollipopz, sorry to hear you have h/m. I hope that it eases up for you soon x

#52 babyinabackpack

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hi everyone!! 14 weeks today and starting to feel better.

Last week at our NT scan we got to see bubble move and we certainly have quite an active little bubble!! lots of kicking and punching!

The scan results were good and are just waiting for the blood test results now but hoping that everything is good.

How are all of you doing?

#53 KaraFNQ

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Hi Everyone, have been reading for some time and ready to join now. I haven't been able to find what all the code mean but here goes......

Third time mum at 38 with a miricle baby after failed IVF 8 years ago and was told no more kids for me......

Eldest daughter 18 this coming week, youngest just turned 14 soooo would really like a boy.

Moved from Tassie to Cairns nearly two years ago, and haven't looked back

Found the love of my life 6 months ago, 41 this week ( no children ) out of his brain happy....... lol

Am 15 weeks and due 9th Feb very excited times ahead.... Soooo much has changed in the last 14 years when it comes to being pregnant. So if someone has written a then to now of changes in Australia I would love a copy lol. Really not looking forward to being that big in Jan & Feb in Cairns.....

We didn't have the 13 week scan and tests so a long wait from 6 weeks to 20 weeks to see and hear bubs. unsure.gif

Thanks everyone love reading all the stories Kara

#54 Natttmumm

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hi All

Havent posted in this thread for a while. Hope all those feeling sick are starting to get better. I have stopped vomitting but still not 100% and still tired - well exhausted. Anyone else still feeling like this?? Really hoping to get that energy boost soon.

We are having our amnio on Thursday and even though I am sure its what I want to do im so nervous about it. DH cant make it as he has a work thing he cant get out of so Mum is taking me, DH hasnt really been that supportive which surprises me as he usually is - I think he just cant cope with any anxiety so probably better its my Mum taking me. I still havent told work about the pregnancy yet as I guess im waiting to see the results. The issue is im showing now and trying to hide it each time I come to work. Noone seems to have noticed yet.

I swear I felt a movement last night - very small flutter but then I was thinking its a bit early at 14.5 weeks so probably my mind playing tricks. What do you think??

#55 baysmummy_21

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:34 PM

Welcome and congrats to all the new girls.

I haven't posted much lately, everything is going well here.
Morning sickness seems to be nearly gone with just the occasional nausea now original.gif
We have been managing to pick up bubs heartbeat on the droppler so that is very excited and reassuring!

What is the facebook page called?

#56 whale-woman

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

Nattttmum - I'm definitely feeling kicks. I have been getting bladder pokes for a while and was wondering if they were just gas but last night when lying down feeling the bump I felt a simultaneous bladder poke and kick with my hand. I've been getting some squirmy sensations too. I thought it might be a while as I have an anterior placenta, but apparently not. Good luck with the amino! Are you getting the FISH test?

Welcome newbies.

Lozypopz- I hope you start feeling better soon. HG has to be the worst!

AFM MS has settled a lot:) I even managed to drink tea today. I'm usually a caffeine addict but can't touch caffeine at all when I have MS. I'm even thinking I might be up for a coffee soon.... Or even a little glass of wine:D (I and my ob are happy with an occasional glass of wine after the 1st trimester...) I told my boss today and that I planned to be off for 6 months mat leave. I get 10 weeks paid mat leave and most of the rest is annual leave as I haven't taken any leave for a couple of years as I was saving it for this bub.

How long are others planning to take off work?

Edited by whale-woman, 21 August 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#57 Nene1*

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hi ladies original.gif

I'm currently 14wks and 1day and going well so far. I have had the NT scan and was soo happy to see baby moving around. Our results came back really good, so thankful for that.

This is our first so we are both very excited!!

Whale woman - I'm planning on taking 12months off and returning part time.

Hope you are all going well original.giforiginal.gif

#58 Natttmumm

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

Baysmummy- glad to hear you are feeling better, so much easier when your not sick.
Whalewoman- good to hear you are feeling movements too. I thought I might be I imagining it but it very much like the very early movements of my other pregnancies which I felt a bit later. I placenta is at the back I was told but still low at this point.
We are getting the test that comes back after 24 hours although I've been told its only 80 percent of the results and the rest take 2 weeks. I got the feeling from the obyn that we weren't really in the clear until the results are in. We didn't get offered a cvs as the risks of downs are low We were told it's too risky given our results were 1 in 400. Both DH and I wished we did do the cvs just because it's earlier but we didn't know enough about it at the time. The risks seem very low.

My kids are driving me insane at the moment, fighting all day. Ahhhh so frustrating. I feel like I'm telling them off all day, very stressful day today.

#59 whale-woman

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Welcome Jeynen.

Told everyone at work today about the pg which was a bit stressful. But it's good to be honest about why I've been acting a bit different.
I also got a message to call my ob today that had been left on Tues. It was too late to call her so I'm spending an anxious night till I can catch her. My CVS full results should be back around now so I just hope it's not a problem there. ( I've been googling normal FISH results and abnormal chromosome tests... Uuurrgggh!) I'm reassuring myself that if it was something bad she would have called again today...... Fingers crossed it's not bad news..

#60 Nowfor4

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi Everyone,
Have been reading just no time to respond.
Nattmum and Whalewoman, good luck with your results.
Welcome to all the newbies!
Just a quick one from me as ned to go to bed! All good here prenancy wise, think I have been feeling flutters, have my ob appt tomorrow so looking forward to that.
DD2 has been really sick so have been struggling with trying to sleep as she is up all night. Spent all on Sat night at the childrens', still unsure to what it is, will go back to the drs on Saturday if she still has it. She went to bed about 45 mins ago after her medicine so going to jump into bed now to hopefully catch up.
Oh and my sister had a little baby on Monday, so excited, hopefully going down on Friday (without dd2) for newborn cuddles!
Hope everyone is well!

Edited by Nowfor4, 22 August 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#61 Lolpigs

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

Hi Everyone, I'm new here original.gif My 2nd baby due in Feb 2013 sometime around the 13th. I'm 16 weeks at the moment.

Look forwards to getting to know you all original.gif

L

#62 Mrs Lost Wanderer

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hi new to the forum but should have searched for it a while ago. I'm due with number 3 on the 5th of Feb. Already have two little girls who are 2 and 1.

I feel like I should be in the due in December or January groups though because DD1 was born at 33 weeks and DD2 was born at 34. Would love to connect with  other mums who have had prems too.

Good luck to everyone.

#63 Natttmumm

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hi to all the new members.
Whale woman- hope the results are good. It's the waiting that's so hard.
We went to have the amnio this week and were told we needed to wait another week as it was slightly too early and would have added risks. So away we went and we go back next week.
We did find out we are having a BOY - very nice news as we have two girls. The scan also went very well and we were told our risks are halved as nothing unusual showed on the scan. We both felt a bit better.
I still haven't told my work or my girls but doubt I can't hide it much longer. 15 weeks now.
Now for 2. Not easy when the kids are sick. Mine have been unwell too and lack of sleep takes it toll. Hope you get some rest soon.
Wishing everyone a good weekend

#64 whale-woman

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi newbies.

Nattmumm - great news about the scan. I hope the wait for the amino is not to stressful. Fingers crossed for you that it's all good news.

Nowfor4 - I hope your kids are feeling better soon. You must be knackered looking after sick ones whilst pg.

AFM the call from my ob was just about the FISH results which I'd got weeks before direct from the US place,  so all good there....
I've finally found my pg clothes crates... Been searching everywhere for them. My ASOS pg stuff came too. It's not great quality but I'm happy with it. I bought expensive pg trousers last time but the elastic has died in them which is a bit disappointing. So i've gone the elcheapo option this time. If you're shopping for pg stuff ASOS seems better than the dross that Target has. ASOS keep sending me discount codes so if someone is going to order from them I can probably dig up one for them if they let me know....

Edited by whale-woman, 25 August 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#65 Natttmumm

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

So looking for some nice summer maternity clothes but just cant find anything I like in the shops. Can anyone suggest a good online site?

Thanks

#66 baysmummy_21

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

Starting to feel little movements, awww!! Love it!

#67 zaczachmum

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hi Ladies,
hopefully it is still Ok to join this group. I have been stalking it for a while, but while this  will be my third, I am now 37 and didn't want to get too caught up in things until we got to the 12wk and 16 wk milestones, with things being Ok.

I am due 3rd Feb, and already have 4yo ds and 2yo dd. I have been completely exhausted third time round and ms has only just settled down. I thought 3rd time round it would be easier in some respects, but its been completely the opposite and I seem to fret about anytihing and everything going wrong. It doesn't help that it seems every magazine/newspaper since PG has an article about an older mum not ending up with a baby at the end of their journey.

With hitting the 16wks mark now, all of a sudden bubs has decided to jump out and I feel 6months pregnant all of a sudden. With 5mths still to go the only way with coping with my sudden weight gain is to try to walk 5 mornings, which is great de-stresser but putting family schedule under huge pressure. DH always getting to work late, but I feel I have to do this to cope.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know everyone during their journey.

#68 Ned23

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi all,

Im new to the group, looks great! First bub and feeling very excited but also anxious for my first scan.
Looking forward to chatting to you all.
yyes.gif

#69 amyc1981

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi all,

I haven't been in much lately. Hope everyone is going okay.

baysmummy I feel a little poke yesterday too (at 17 weeks +2) - it was after I just did something quite energetic and sat back down at my desk, and felt little pokes in the side like the baby was telling me not to do that again! It was near the surface and different to anything else I've felt so I don't think it was gas. I can't wait to feel more, stronger movements!

welcome to the newbies biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Only 2 weeks till my 19 week scan which I can't wait for. And only three weeks till I have two weeks off work and going down south for a well-earned baby moon.

Natmumm a website I found yesterday was pretty cheap and had free shipping and nice clothes - big range. Its www.maternitysale.com.au and the brand is Eve of Eden I think. They have nice dresses and tops, and it was a lot cheaper than others I looked at. I got a maternity bathing suit for only $48 compared to over $100 most other places.

#70 Natttmumm

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi All
We got some good news this week, the amnio fish results are clear. We are waiting for the full results in about 2 weeks. We are feeling much more relieved. It's also confirmed its a boy. It's been a tough pregnancy but hoping this is the turning point now. We go back to see the obyn this week to make sure bub is all fine.
Hope you have all had a good week.
Amyc- thanks for the website. I checked it out and I'm planning to buy the yoga pants and a few of the tops. Great site.

#71 BJBubbles

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

It's been very quiet in there lately!

How is everyone?????

Nattmumm, that's brilliant new - you must be so relieved!  I hope you can relax and enjoy things a little more now!

Hi to the newbies!

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice relaxing weekend!

#72 Ringarosy

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi all
Natttmumm that's great. Congrats. Hopefully u have a boring pregnancy from here on!! I mean that in as a good thing.

Yay for those who have fond out what they are having.
I'm 16wk1d and still have the HG. I thought it had slowed until yesterday I threw up everything I ate... Except some carrot and celery and cheese DH cut up for me for dinner. : ( I just want to enjoy the pregnancy!!! Can't wait until it goes.Other than that, have felt the slightest little flutters. I don't know if they are the baby but it's a weird feeling.
Where is everyone else at? How many weeks? And movements? Any complaints? What are you having b/g?
Yeah it has been quiet....

#73 whale-woman

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hi all. Yeah very quite in here.

Great news with the clear amnios. Such a relief.

I'm not sure how many weeks... I just can't seem to keep track. 16ish I think. Lots on movements. She'll get kicky with sugary foods or if I bend over (which is getting a bit limited). Still very tired. I have to work all next weekend inc being on call (so will be phoned for 3 am issues) Fri to Mon morning as well as working during the day on top of my usual 20 hours/wk which I'm not sure how I'll manage. I'm just accepting if (when) it gets too much I'll call in sick the following week. My toddler has got the idea that she doesn't need a nap and is destroying her room at nap time and then by 3 is crying and having melt downs through exhaustion. Not much fun! I end up getting frustrated and cranky at her.

I got my pg stuff this time at: www.asos.com/au

Edited by whale-woman, 02 September 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#74 Peanut212

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hi all Just thought I'd say hi to fellow Febs original.gif I'm due 23 feb so 15 weeks at the moment. Had my first butterfly kiss from bubs the other day which was awesome- am looking forward to feeling it moving around. Am luckily starting to have relief from the ms and energy levels are bouncing back (she says as contemplating having a quick nap to avoid the laundry). My biggest drama at the moment is finding nice work clothes cause my skirts/pants/dresses are all too squishy for my belly. Other than that super excited and looking forward to the whole experience😃

Edited by Peanut212, 12 September 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#75 Nowfor4

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hi All,

Is quiet, but I have been hanging in the facebook group, do come in here though.
No good to those that are still sick, hope it eases up soon.
I have been getting a few things of Asos and am very impressed. No delievery fee and great prices, and have fit perfectly.
Nattmum-Congrats on the great results, you must be relieved.
Have started feeling some flutters, but not regulary. Have got ligament pulling pains tonight, uncomfortable, hopefully will ease up soon!
Can't wait for my 20 week scan, just hope this little baby is co operative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.