Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Gold!

I tried to copy and paste LJO but I think I'll leave it for you to post the list

Dede79 - twins! How exciting! Is that the third set for our due in group?

Roodledoo- I hope you receive good news tomorrow.

I received my NT test results on Fri and I'm low risk. MS seems to have gone which is nice!

Edited by Stanzy, 06 August 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#3 baysmummy_21

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Thinking of everyone who is having a hard time at the moment.
Roodledoo- I will be crossing everything that you get good news tommorow!

As for me I have hit the 12 week mark original.gif feeling fairly good apart from alot of back pain.
Have my first midwife appointment tommorow, so abit excited about that, after it I think I might have to go shopping for some maternity jeans as my belly has really popped now!

Has anyone felt any movements yet? I swear I felt a couple of 'bubbles' over the last couple of days but I know it is probably too early to be bubs!

#4 Babushka Doll

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Hi All,

Just been catching up on on the posts.

I am so sorry to those who have had losses  bbighug.gif  my thoughts and prayers are with you all xxx

Roodledoo - I will be stalking this thread this afternoon, I am literally on the edge of my chair!!   WOW!!

Is that two sets of twinnies now?  how exciting!!!

AFM - Had my NT scan & Blood results come back on Friday and am low risk 1:8529 for DS.    I was actually shocked at how quickly the results drop over a few years.    With my DD I got 1:18000,  DS 1:11000 and now 1:8000.

MS has been a bit better, although some days are worst than others, but at least I am getting a break.

#5 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

1st February
1stwilliams- #1
Electric_Blue- #1

2nd February
bubba ship- DD-18mo, #2
epg
Lolly4ka- #1
DC106
Wrenny- #1
amyc1981- #1

3rd February
cheekychickadees- DD1-4, DD2-2, #3
JacintaJayne-
kimliz- DS-6, DD-3, #3

4th February
kettricken- DS1-2, DS2-1, #3
Jettsmum - DS1-11mnths, #2

5th February
btd- DD-4, DS-2, #3
pinkelephant
astropossum- #1
Lcasey- DS1-4, DS2-3, #3
MummyTomo- DS-2, #2

6th February
Zach'smum- DS1-8, DD1-5, DS2-18mnths, #4

7th February
beatka- DD-2, #2
Roodledoo- YAY!

8th February
M!ssy
babushka doll- DD-5, DS-1, #3
Mishka79- #1
Sassy Dingo- #1
MrsKaizdos

9th February
Nattles88- DD-13mnths, #2

10th February
happinesswith2blue- DS1-4, DS2-3, #3
timeformore- DS-6, #2
Stanzy- DS-6, #2
sydneymama78
Anteres- #1
Twoinblue- DS1 -2, DS2 -1, Two foster kids (neices), #5

11th February
LittleJacksonOne- #1
dede79- DS-3, #2 TWINS!
NicNic85- #1 TWINS!
BubblyGal
Nowfor4

12th February
summers- #1

13th February
indigo99- DS-14mnths, #2
mumatelle- DS22mnths, #2
number3forme- D1-17, D2-8, #3

14th February Valentines Day  wub.gif
HollyVienne-
rissa88- DD -6, DS -4. #3

15th February
Bubble11- #1
babyinabackpack- #1
Kura-
baysmummy_21- #4

16th February
Zombiekitten- DD-9mnths, #2
Eljose- DD-2, #2

17th February
Lozypopz- #1
babycat- #3 TWINS!
BJBubbles- #1

18th February
Mummyandmemakes3- DS1&2-14mnths, #3
Becstarinator- DS-4, #2
whale-woman-DD-2, #2
singlesunflower- DD-5, #2
midstudentcatie- #1

19th February
It'satadpole- DD-1, #2

20th February

21st February

Faith86- #1

22nd February
ok~computer- DS-5, DD-2, #3
donnalouise82- #2
AgEm_my_world - DD-3, DS- 9mnths, #3

23rd February

hmmm...- DD-13mnths
StJerome- DD-2, #2

24th February
mumofe- DD-13mnths, #2
nurserobin- DD-1, #2
kmt1610- #1

25th February

26th February
Liah- #1

27th February
tribemama

28th February

clm1982- Moved to March DIG

??
hitchicken- #3
MummyLatina
melzy02

SoonToB4- #4
MummyArnold- #1

Angel Babies
Gone but not forgotten. Hope to see you in another DIG soon.
dolcengabbana; mummafreedles; Greatgene; Ali88; Roodledoo; Megpie; ellysbellys; Joan10; Glamour; ~Bells~; Sunshiney; lesiamd; hillplain

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you interested in joining our Facebook group here is the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/12084347805...=group_activity
At the moment, the group is 'closed' but not 'secret' so that you can all join, that is why it is called 'Absolutely Febulous!' so that if it comes up on your news feed that you joined- no one will know what it is original.gif, however all posts cannot be seen by anyone who isnt a member.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by LittleJacksonOne, 07 August 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#6 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Roodledoo- How did it go? Dont stress writing in here, thats what we are here for!

Three sets of twins now! and two sets due the 11th!

baysmummy- I have been focusing so hard to feel movements and also swear I have felt flutters but guessing its all in my head atm hehe

AFM- Scan went well, no reason for the bleeding though :S. Bub measuring on time this time original.gif and my risk factor is 1:16500, so thats great!.
The appointment with the clinic was ok, not able to give me any info but she booked me into the high risk doctors so thats great! I see them next week and cant wait. All doctors are telling me not to work as my brown spotting which has been pretty much every day for my whole pregnancy gets worse when I move lots (eg I overbalanced in the shower and had to use my ab muscles to balance me, and then i got heaps of spotting! argh), so hoping the doctors can give me something to take to centrelink so I can get sickness allowence or something? With me not working and my DH only working part time because of tafe we are really struggling atm.
13weeks now! Cant believe it! Apart from the knots in my neck (ive always had issue with) getting worse because im holding myself differently and they're giving me migraines, my MS is easing off and that makes me SOO happy! original.gif

How is everyone going? Anyone else's MS getting better?

#7 Roodledoo

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hello everyone,

My name's Roodledoo and I'm 13wks 6 days pregnant today, according to scan.  Due 7th Feb, so hope you all don't mind me dropping in on occasion!   biggrin.gif

Just back from the Scan & Drs appt, and am still reeling!  I wouldn't wish this kind of turmoil on anyone, and I'm so glad it's over.  Now I can get on with panicking over, well, everything!  

Not got all blood work back yet, as it was only taken yesterday.  So will have to wait another week for the NT results.  But, sonographer (although not chatty by any stretch of the imagination), did say everything looked good, and 'baby'  (ohmy.gif ) is fully formed and showed me the heartbeat.  It would appear 'baby' (ohmy.gif) takes after Daddy already - it was sprawled out across my belly!

BTW, in the unlikely event anyone is still to have their 12wk scan, you can ask for extra photos to be printed out - I did, even though she was a mardy one and it was well over the hour appointment ('baby' (ohmy.gif) was in an awkward position for the measurements and it took probably twice as long as it should have! That's Daddy, again!)!  Might be an idea to ask as they are printing the usual batch, though wink.gif   I got some lovely pics, a really perfect one of the soles of it's feet, and a few other shots of arms/hands etc!  So don't be shy!!!  I think I'll be doing the same for the 20wk one, too.

Not only was I just on the nose for the last day of being allowed to have the NT scan, turns out 'baby' (ohmy.gif) is just 0.5mm within the allowable size for doing the test.  Seems to take after Mummy for just getting there in the nick of time......who's for putting bets on 'baby' (ohmy.gif) going way overdue??  

So, that's my update, now I have to go and research which hospital I want and beg for an appointment....let the panic begin....

Might have a sleep first though - I've been waking up earlier and earlier each day.  5.45am it was, today!!!  Quite a change from last month, when I could barely drag myself out of bed before 10am!

Looking forward to getting to know you all as our pretty scary journey goes along, and hope that we don't lose any more along the way.

Thank you all again for being so lovely

bbighug.gif

Roodledoo
xx

Edited by Roodledoo, 07 August 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#8 Just green apples

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Roodledoo that is amazing news! I'm so happy for you.

Oh and I'm due on the 7th too  biggrin.gif

#9 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

YAY   ROODLEDOO !!!! laugh.gif

#10 Roodledoo

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thanks everyone!

Bubble11, yes, I think it is good news.....just need maybe a little more than 4hrs for it to sink in - for the 2nd time!  It's a lot to take in, to be honest.  And pretty surreal, going from ''not pregnant'' to seeing a heartbeat in literally a few minutes!

Just been scanning the scans in for DH and emailed them.  Hope they turn out ok - it's hard to see what they're pictures of in some of them, never mind being scanned and then viewed on screen!  Have included titles though, so hope he'll 'get' them!

Beatka: Yay, I have a Due Date Buddy!  original.gif  Wonder if we'll get any more?  

Will be flying out to Perth to meet DH on Friday, we're staying with some of his family who are known for being drinkers....and I was happy to join in last time I saw them.  Knowing them, they won't beat about the bush in asking why I'm not drinking, either!  We're not ready to tell people yet, so not sure how we'll dodge that one.

Has anyone else told family/friends yet?  I say 'yet' - I'm aware a lot of you have known for a while!   roll2.gif

#11 ok~computer

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

Wow roodledoo... What a roller coaster, congratulations!!

Had my nt scan, as I already said on fb...it took over an hour! Little bean was all over the place lol...announced it to everyone today, although close family and friends already knew.

I'm so sleepy, though the morning sickness is easing off now...hope everyone is well! original.gif

#12 Nowfor4

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Roodledoo that is awesome news, congratulations. So happy for you! Good luck with your nt results, what a roller coaster you have been on. Hope it is smooth sailing from here.
We told the kids, in turn who told their classes, then the town gossip found out so everyone knew within a day, doesn't take long.
Still tired, although not as bad as before, and ms gone to one day in every 3.
Reckon I have felt little flutters, can't wait for kicks. Getting ecited now!
Hope everyone is well.

#13 BJBubbles

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:19 PM

Hi All,

Well, I can actually breathe now!  We had our NT Scan yesterday morning and it was the most AWESOME feeling of relief.  DH and I were crying within seconds.

The woman doing the scan was wonderful and very understanding of our nerves and fears, so the second the wand hit my tummy she went straight to the head and showed us the beautifully formed brain calcified scull   smile1.gif  It looked so different from our poor little one last year!  She then went and showed us everything else. NT measurement was great - 1.1, and my OB does bloods at 10 weeks, so I had my full results within hours. Risk is really low 1:14800.

So, DH and I need to figure out what to do now!  We've never gotten to this point, and haven't been able to think past it - so for us, the fun and excitement starts now!

Roodledoo..... CONGRATS!!!  I would have put money on there being a healthy baby in there after what you said!  Take your time to let it sink in.  Glad you'll get to see your DH on the weekend.  Hopefully you can get some time to yourselves! As PP said - say your on antibiotics.  Overshare if you need to and tell them it's a UTI and that alcohol will make it way more painful and that you need to give your liver/kidneys a break...  

LittlejacksonOne - glad to hear you're feeling better.  Sorry you're still having probs with spotting. Did they check your cervix (long and closed) when you had your scan?? I hope you can get plenty of rest and not stress too much.

Don't have energy for other personals sorry!  Will try to come back tomorrow (I am only really productive in the morinigs! I was trying to do my BAS and other accounting stuff this afternoon.... HAHA decided I need to do it between 10am and 12pm!)

Good luck to those left to have their NT scans, and hi to everyone!

xox

PS, I'll join the facebook group once we've announced it to everyone.  It's not very inconspicuous and I don't want people guessing before we've told...

#14 baysmummy_21

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Rooledoo, hat is fantastic news, so happy for you, I hope it is all smooth sailing from here!!

I had my first midwife appointment today, I was a bit upset because I thought they would listen to the heartbeat but she said it would probably be too early. I must of been further along at the first appointment with my other kids?

She also booked in my big scan for around 6 weeks time, cant wait. didnt get to se much at the dating scan at 8 weeks and we chose not to do the NT scan.

This pregnancy will be classed as high risk because with my last daughter I had alot of bleeding and she was born early so we will only see the ob from here on in which I am happy with, was also told that we would be offered aew more ulrasounds to check bubs growth.

Everything seems to be going along nicely here, nearly out of the first trimester original.gif

#15 babycat

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Roodledoo - what a roller coaster you've been on, glad all looked good on your scan, fingers crossed for an uneventful 6 months for you

BJBubbles - great news about your scan too, it must be a huge relief

LittleJacksonOne - glad you're feeling better, hope the spotting settles down and you have an uneventful next 6 months as well

dede79 and NicNic85 - hope you're both going well with your twins, it's nice to have a couple of other twin mummies to share this with : )

Hi to everyone else, glad everyone's scans are going well, hope those still awaiting their NT results get good news soon.

AFM - still having waves of nausea and craving anything salty and loving my carbs!  Freaking out a little about my scan tomorrow, got no reason to but have a fear something going wrong even though my belly is as big as it was at about 16-20 weeks with my previous two.

Have only told my mum and my closest friend so far (although only mum knows about the twins) another friend did ask me today, but none of my mothers group have guessed it yet.  Will let everyone else know after my Ob appt on Thurs.

#16 Girlintheredshoes

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

I've come in to find out about Roodledoo- wow! So exciting!!!

I couldn't hide my pregnancy if I tried! I look pregnant. I'm all out in front.   original.gif

#17 Liah

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Oh, Roodledoo! I'm so glad you finally have answers.  I've been sitting on the edge of my seat following your story the last few days!!  I can't imagine what it must have been like going through all that...

Hearing about everyone's NT scan is getting me super excited to see my jellybean again original.gif don't have my scan til next week though.  

I'm also getting a little bit nervous...gp told me at my check-up last week that I'm not immune to rubella...and my friend went and got me all stressed saying that I shouldn't be catching public transport as a result, but I do catch it all the time unsure.gif

Hope everyone is enjoying relief from symptoms as the first trimester comes to an end.  I seem to be in the very awkward situation at the moment of not being able to sleep at night and then being exhausted and wanting to sleep all day!

Thanks to those for the vote of confidence in studying and parenting...definitely looking like a viable option while I find my feet in the first year of motherhood!

#18 Roodledoo

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hey everyone original.gif

Thanks so much for all the good wishes and congrats from you all!  Now, it may not seem like it, but I actually don't normally go about in such a cloud of drama....so I'm hoping against hope that's the last of it!

BJBubbles:  I'm so pleased to hear about your lovely scan original.gif  We're in a similar boat, not really knowing what to do next!  But it is very exciting, and I'm sure we'll muddle through original.gif  Also love the idea of a UTI - will also give me the excuse to nip to the loo regularly if I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed!  I'm more than happy to 'overshare' wink.gif

Nowfor4:  Now that's one way of letting everyone know!  We could probably let the whole of SA know without any of our family finding out, but once it reached WA, there would be no containing it!  

Babycat:  Hope your scan goes well xx

Liah:  I also found out yesterday I have no immunity to Rubella!  Slightly worrying as I'm due to travel by plane interstate 3 times in the next couple of months (Dr thinks it's not really a problem in our area at the moment, though).  Not got results for chickenpox, so that's an unknown quantity.  

Sort of glad it's not just me who's still got MS....it's just grim sad.gif  Ironically, I felt wonderful on Mon when I went in for the first Dr appt, but then it was back with a vengeance yesterday.  

It's looking like we won't be telling any family until the last weekend in August, as logistically we're not going to be able to get it all in order/arrange skype etc.  I suspect there's going to be a minor battle as to who gets the first skype appointment, but I'll cross that bridge when we come to it.  
I think I'm going to tell my best friend in the UK next Thurs though - she won't tell anyone else and she's just given us the heads up for her wedding next year, so I feel I should mention the increase in guests by one (assuming she won't mind a sproglet attending)!  Plus, I'm simply BURSTING to tell someone IRL (if skype counts as RL?)!!!  

DH got my email with the scan pics in alright yesterday.  His reply:  Wow, they are incredible!  
I did try to explain on the phone to him as soon as I got out of the scan, but really, a picture tells a thousand words!  I really feel for him as I think he probably feels a bit removed from the whole situation.  Poor sod is going to be involved as soon as he gets back though!  

Is anyone else having 'sensations' in and around their belly area?  Not pain or cramps, more like little twinges.  Mine are never in the same place, and seem to be pretty random.  I've only noticed them in the past 5 days or so.  It just feels weird!  

That's it for me for now - I've hit a bit of a wall and could do with going back to bed...it seems a few of us are only any use in the mornings!

bbighug.gif  to you all xxx

#19 amyc1981

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Congratulations, roodledoo, great news! What a little survivor you have!

I am definitely one of the ones who is only any use in the morning, I have to try to get everything done before 12 cos I am pretty much useless after that.

BJBubbles congrats on your great scan! It is amazing isnt it? I cannot wait till the 19 week one. That will be wow.

i have told pretty much everyone, but only a handful of people at work, I was hoping the people I've told would tell everyone else, but seems my office are not gossipers and heaps of people still dont know!

And I have a definite bump this week!

#20 Antares

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Wow Roodledoo, what a turn of events!  Congrats, glad you scraped in within the NT scan timeframe.

Liah ... I am thinking about study too.  Just one or two subjects to start with as its almost a decade since I finished my undergrad degree, I dont want it to be too much on my plate.

BJBubbles, congrats, what a relief for you original.gif

I too, am only good in the morning.  I seem to be waking up before my alarm goes off, and then after lunch I just crash... cant stop yawning and cant concentrate.  I am looking forward to telling workmates the situation so they understand why I have been so flaky.

We have only told my mum and sister at this stage.  After the iffy NT blood results DP wants to keep it quiet until the second opinion scan at 16 weeks that our ob has referred us for.  So, we will be telling people after August 30.  It's so hard not to let it slip though!

#21 dede79

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Just want to say congrats Roodledoo! So exciting! We're glad to have you back...

I tend to wake really early too, and just want to go to bed around 9pm. better get some sleep while I can!

#22 dede79

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Oops double post

Edited by dede79, 09 August 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#23 babycat

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

Well I had my scan yesterday, so nice to see both bubs again especially now they're not just blobs on the screen : )

One bub was jumping around all over the place, the other was just laying back quite relaxed.  DS 1&2 were quite excited to see the babies and Ds1 thinks it's cool there's 2 babies in mummys tummy. Both measuring pretty much spot on for my due date.

Ob appt today, NT all good for both babies and I'm measuring about 16w (fundal height) which apparently is normal for twins.  He had great pleasure in telling me my tummy would need its own postcode by the time i deliver!  Delivery will be most likely between 34-38 weeks, so I'll only just scrape in to Feb if I go full term.

Hope everyone else is going well (sorry about the "me" post).

#24 babycat

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hi LittleJacksonOne,
I've sent you a PM about the FB group but not sure if it went cos its not showing up in my sent message folder.

#25 whale-woman

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Babycat - sounds like you had a lovely scan. I wonder if one will be chilled/one energetic when they're born.

Roodledoo - great news! What a roller coaster.I've had what feel like bladder kicks - but I figure it's too early....

AFM - Bub looked good on the scan and the CVS was done easily and pretty much painlessly. The most paindul part is the 550$ cost pre medicare rebate. We actually went out to dinner afterwards so there was no stress about cooking. No bleeding/spotting so far. I got told to take today off work as the CVS was done at 5 y/d so I've had a lovely time on the couch with DD at CC. Just checked my phone and no message so I guess the sample didn't make it to the lab for a result today but we'll know on Monday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.