Workplace safety check
If you're pregnant or planning on conceiving it's time to give your work space a quick once over with this handy guide.
Quick workplace safety check
- Are you exposed to chemicals or gases?
- Do you work closely with animals?
- Does your work involve excessive (or risky) physical activity?
- Are you exposed to infectious diseases?
- Are you exposed to toxic waste?
- Are you exposed to ionising radiation?
- Are you exposed to high levels of cigarette smoke?
If you answer yes to any of these or recognise other concerns with your work environment then discuss changing your work environment with your employer for the duration of your pregnancy.