The heartbroken parents of a baby who died in a baby swing have spoken out to warn other parents about the dangers of leaving infants alone.
Jeremy Rainsford, from Western Australia, says that after feeding and burping his three-month-old son Kayden on Sunday night he strapped him into a freestanding swing in the family's lounge room. He then left the room for five to 10 minutes.
When Rainsford returned he found his son pale and limp, and he immediately called emergency services and started to perform CPR.
The baby was rushed to hospital, but sadly died later that evening in his parents' arms.
Now Rainsford and his partner Emma Granger want to warn other parents about the dangers of leaving young children unattended.
"Don't leave your children to sleep in those swings and don't leave them in there unsupervised for too long," Ms Granger told The West Australian.
"We want to help other parents realise that it just takes five minutes to turn around or walk out and a child is gone.
"I want to stop this from happening to other people because it is a parent's worst nightmare."
The devastated couple think Kayden must have choked on his vomit in his sleep, but the exact cause of death won't be known until an autopsy has been done.
Remembering his son, Rainsford said that Kayden was a beautiful boy who was loved by many, especially his older brother Tyler.
The couple received the swing as a gift when their older son Tyler was born two years ago. They said that Kayden enjoyed sitting in it because he was able to see what was happening around him.
Granger also said that they had learned a "very hard lesson".
"You never think this will happen to you," she said.
"But we do have to be strong because we have another little one that needs us and we can't just shut ourselves off because we have got to look after him. For him, we have to be strong.
"Spend every waking moment with your children."
A family friend has set up a Go Fund Me campaign to help cover the cost of Kayden's funeral.