Think of this as a pureed parfait for baby. Celery adds body to the mix; feel free to incorporate more if the puree gets too soupy.
The puree can be refrigerated for up to one week in airtight containers, or frozen for up to six months. Makes six cups (36 servings); the recipe can be cut in half.
6 peaches (unpeeled), pitted then cut into large dice
2 to 3 sticks celery, diced, or more as needed
3 strawberries, hulled then coarsely chopped
1 cup organic vanilla yogurt
• Combine the peaches, two celery sticks and all the strawberries in a large, heavy-bottomed pot. Add enough water to cover, then place over medium heat.
• Once the water begins to bubble, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, until tender. Remove from the heat.
• Working in batches, use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked fruit and celery to a blender, along with about 1/4 cup total of the cooking liquid and all the yogurt. Puree until smooth and creamy, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
• If the consistency is too loose for your liking, dice the remaining celery stick and puree along with some of already-pureed mixture until smooth. Stir into the bowl.
• If the mixture's still too loose, serve it as soup.
• Transfer to airtight containers for storing.