Your baby will love you for these! Like a piece of cake in a ball, they are clean to eat and extremely moreish. They're also great for anyone with egg allergies.
Age: fifth month of eating, plus
Suitable for freezing
Makes: about 10 balls
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
• 1 ripe banana, peeled
• 8 digestive biscuits, crushed to a rustic crumb
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon castor sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the biscuit crumbs, cinnamon and sugar.
3. Mash the banana very well. Stir in about ¾ of the biscuit crumbs, reserving the rest to roll the balls in. The dough should be soft and malleable but not too sticky – add more crumbs if necessary.
4. Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls and gently toss in the remaining crumb mix to coat.
5. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10–12 minutes. Remove and cool. The balls should be moist but not gooey.
These balls are best eaten the same day, but can be frozen and microwaved.
Read author Emily Dupuche's story and see more of her recipes from Food Babies Love, out now.