Many tired parents may not believe this, but newborns sleep an average 15 hours per day. Therefore it's important to find a comfortable sleeping solution for your bundle of joy.
Here are the baby Cot (crib or bassinet) brands our readers love, as voted by Australian parents in this year's Essential Baby Parents' Choice Awards 2016.
Boori Cots are just so popular with Australian families. They offer designer quality, exceptional safety, an extendable lifespan, and matching furniture to complete the nursery.
What our readers say about the Boori cot range:
- It's big to fit a tall toddler like mine so you get your money's worth. It's also sturdy so when they decide to chew on it whilst teething, the marks don't show as prominently! Ching-We H. NSW
- Solid, sturdy and well classic and ageless. Something that looks great regardless of the style of your home and designed to become a family heirloom. Quality you just can't get elsewhere anymore. Nikita B. VIC
- Has a range of settings/cot and side rail heights and can convert to a junior bed. Amanda L. NSW
- Super sturdy to last them through to toddler years, and look good as well. Nice big size cots for twins to share. Whitney E. QLD
- Great quality, easy to put together and alter position, great range to match other furniture. Amber DF. VIC
Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper
Innovative Arm's Reach bassinets are designed to be right next to mum's bed, offering parents the peace of mind that baby can co-sleep safely, just an arm's reach away.
What our readers say about their co-sleeper bassinet:
- This is the cot I've had perfect for co sleeping with the safety of baby being in her own bed. Kara D. NSW
- Allows families to co-sleep safely. Gives Mums and Dads peace of mind that their baby is close by without being at risk. Hannah R. WA.
- Promotes safe sleeping that supports breastfeeding by having baby close, supports SIDS guidelines by allowing baby to be close to parent but on a separate sleep space. Sharon B. TAS
- Great for feeding/settling bub in the middle of the night! Keeps babies close safely. Maria R. NSW
- Co sleeping is a must to maintain sanity in our house, I love that this allows it to be done in a way that offers peace of mind. Melissa M. QLD
Our second runner up is the IKEA cot range with its affordable and neutral Scandi style. Many Ikea cots transform to a toddler bed making this a popular choice for growing families.
What our readers say about the IKEA cot range:
- Price. Easy to put together. Safe. Madeline B. VIC
- Super simple and stylish... Suits the Scandi style trend and really gender neutral. Kelly A. ACT
- Basic design, two heights, affordable and converts to a toddler bed at a height that your toddler won't hurt themselves if they fell out. Amy B. VIC
- Love this cot! Great for a small room as it doesn't take up too much space. Very easy to assemble. Price is very reasonable and the cot is safe and had 2 levels. Taryn S. VIC
- Love the raw oak colour timber! Beautiful matches the rest of my timber furniture in my house! Doesn't look bulky and the reviews for it were great. I really struggled finding a cot that I loved and I loved this and the price was amazing too!! Emma VS. VIC