We have found that plenty of our readers are happy to use a regular carry bag, but for those looking to buy a dedicated, purpose made baby/nappy bag, there are a few brands that our readers say they really love. And we are really proud to announce that all three award winners are Australian designed.
Here are the baby Nappy Bag brands our readers love, as voted by Australian parents in this year's Essential Baby Parents' Choice Awards 2016.
With a padded change mat, multiple pockets and detachable and adjustable body strap, a MIMCO baby bag is the ultimate accessory for carrying all of baby's (and your) essentials. This silhouette also doubles as the perfect gym or travel bag.
What our readers say about the Mimco baby bag range:
- Our baby Mimco bag is our favourite as it goes with every item and has lots of storage options and a matching baby change foldout. Chloe K. QLD
- This is a stylish and practical bag that even my husband doesn't mind taking out with him. I love that it's water proof and comes with a wet bag and change mat. Lauren H. QLD
- I love how it has so many pockets to put my stuff in and more room to put nappies and my purse, fits everything! Ashlee G. VIC
- I'm obsessed with Mimco, so this is a natural choice for me. It's a bag that doesn't look like a regular nappy bag so you can still be a mum - but with style! Bianca W. QLD
- My husband didn't want a girlie baby bag when he is on baby duty and the mimco bag is subtle and stylish. Summer K. QLD
OiOi Australian designed baby changing bags look like a normal bag, but have a million hidden compartments to stash all the gear you need when you leave the house with a baby.
What our readers say about Oioi:
- I love how they are so fashionable, lightweight and leather feels amazing. Great quality. Casey H. QLD
- They have thought of everything. Perfect size, pram hanging handle. Love the change mat and bottle bag. Louise H. QLD
- Nappy bag range that looked like a normal bag, but had all the bells and whistles of a nappy bag. We had one for both the mum and dad. Richard L. VIC
- I bought mine in time for baby #2 and it's been great having space for all the stuff required for a toddler and a newborn! Lucy W. VIC
- Durable leather, attractive - looks like a handbag rather than a Nappy bag, pram straps, various compartments. Sandra O. VIC
Colette by Colette Hayman make a stylish and affordable range of baby bags with lots of compartments and change mat included. These bags are large enough for all your and your baby's essentials.
What our readers say about Collette:
- My Colette baby bag has lasted me years and it gets used every day and still looks like new. It fits everything i need for baby and me. Stephanie B. QLD
- Amazing Bag. Excellent wearable material. The bottle pocket is great, although could do with 2. Very stylish, a great size. And love the nappy change mat in the back pocket. Jamie-Lee M. NSW
- Collette nappy bags are gorgeous and high quality and you don't feel like ur carrying around a nappy bag. Rebecca W. NSW
- Looks compact and small but fits SO much inside! The room never ends! Madison A. SA
- Size, style and affordable! Definitely stacks up, of not better,to more expensive brands. Great stylish range - I can fit all of bub's essentials inside as well as my own. Natasha P. NT