Essential Baby Media Centre
The EB Media Centre gives you information on EB, internet advertising information and advertising and marketing contacts.
- About advertising with Essential Baby
- Advertiser testimonials
- Advertising opportunities
- Material specifications
- Booking and material deadlines
- Internet advertising terminology
- Contact Information
Reach your Market through Essential Baby (EB).
Essential Baby is Australia's largest parenting site and also one of the largest sites dedicated to Australian women.
Essential Baby was founded in 1999 - an independently owned and operated business - 'founded and run by mums for mums', We provide a broad range of resources and information to Australian women through both an online and retail presence.
After 7 years, working independently at building such a large community EB joined the Fairfax Digital network as of January 2007. Operating one of the largest online communities in Australia was an extremely challenging job for an independent team, particularly over the last year as online visitor numbers tripled! With so many exciting opportunities to explore to make EB even better for members, the EB Team are thrilled to have the support of such an experienced team.
This new opportunity with Fairfax Digital will enable us to further develop exciting opportunities for our members - including the first ever Member Meet held in Melbourne in May 2008, with plans of more member events to come across Australia.
We'd like to thank our readers, volunteers and advertisers who have made us such a success to date, and who we can now serve even better in the future.
EB attracts women at all stages of the parenting cycle including conception, pregnancy, early motherhood and parenting. EB also provides a platform to a large audience of Australian women.
"Essential Baby has been a fantastic medium for building consumer awareness of our brand. We have had such positive feedback from parents from our advertising through the site which has helped us reach more consumers than we originally hoped for." Jodie Date - Sterimar Assistant Product Manager (Church&Dwight)
"I cannot express how impressed we are with the Essential Baby site and the dedication driving the team behind it - we are looking forward to being part of the 'New EB' in 2006" Emma Fulford Brand Manager Funtastic Limited
Thanks to Essential Baby for the opportunity to connect with your visitors. We had a fantastic response to our competition and look forward to running more in the future. Not only did we gain many valuable new members to our Natural Health Club we also had improved search engine rankings as a result of being linked to from EB. As a new publication, the exposure to our target readers was invaluable. Thanks for the great service! - Bianca Rothschild - Natural Health Guide
Essential Baby offers a broad range of advertising opportunities across the site. Advertisers can achieve mass reach to our broader parenting audience or target a specific audience segment (ie pregnant women) within a range of content environments including:
- Homepage Positions
- Content Section Sponsorship: Conception, Pregnancy & Birth, Babies, Toddlers and Kids.
- Women's lifestyle segments: My Food, My Looks, My Money, My Time, My Home and My Well-being.
- Community sections: including blogs and feature members
- Newsletters: Member fortnightly newsletters, Weekly Guide to Pregnancy, Guide to Baby's First 12 months, Toddler Guide and Solus EDMs.
- Advertorial and editorial sponsorship
- Product & Competitions
- Forum Sponsorships
- Product Samples/Flyers
- Sponsored Links
- Direct Email Marketing
For further information on advertising opportunities with EB please email Kate Livingstone (email@example.com).
Pixel sizes and relevant information for all standard advertising opportunities
728 x 90
468 x 60
Medium Rectangle (Mrec)
300 x 250
300 x 125
300 x 600
Click Through URL
Please advise the URL address of the page you wish all material to click through to.
EB NewslettersAdvertising on EB newsletters is still served by Essential Baby
EB sends approximately 12 newsletters each month
- EB Members' Newsletter – emailed weekly
- Developmental Newsletters (Weekly Guide to Pregnancy, Guide to Babies First 12 Months - emailed monthly, Toddler Guide - emailed quarterly)
- EDM – please see information on EB's exclusive direct email newsletter below
EB Members' Newsletters
• Mrec – 300 pixels wide x 250 pixels high (static .gif or .jpg file only) + URL link
NOTE: Flash files are NOT accepted in newsletters.
Material deadline: 5 working days prior to send date. Weekly sends occur every Wednesday.
Developmental Newsletters (Weekly Guide to Pregnancy, Guide to Babies First 12 Months - emailed monthly, Toddler Guide - emailed quarterly)
• Banner – 468 pixels wide x 60 pixels high (static .gif or .jpg file only) + URL link
• Tower – 120 pixels wide x 240 pixels high (static .gif or .jpg file only) + URL link
• Product Button -
100 pixels wide x 127 pixels high (static .gif or .jpg file only) + URL link + max 5 words of text
NOTE: Flash files are NOT accepted in newsletters.
Material deadline: 15th of the month prior to send date
EDM (Solus Email)
A maximum of 3 exclusive direct emails (EDMs) are sent each month to EB members.
Please supply for an EDM:
1. HTML file (max 540 pixels wide; max 600 pixels total height; images must not exceed 50KB).
2. Image files (.jpg or .gif), either sent in a .zip file, or as image file paths within the HTML file if served externally. No Flash files and no image map code accepted. Using images as a background is not supported by many email clients.
3. TXT file - this is simply the plain text of the content included in the HTML version. This version is sent to users who do not have HTML emails enabled. Please include any relevant links also.
4. Subject line (approx 6 - 10 words).
5. If using styles - must be inline styles (not in a separate stylesheet)
Material deadline: 10 working days prior to desired send date. Please ensure EB is aware of your desired send date as each EDM send is spread over the month as much as possible to maximise open rates. EB sends a max of 3 EDMs per month.
Please note: EB cannot currently personalise EDMs. EB can provide post-send reporting on list size, open rate, total click throughs and pass-alongs, but cannot supply click-through tracking on individual text links appearing in the EDM.EDM Best Practice
Tailor your message
Your email campaign should cater to the different needs and circumstances of your target audience
Get to your point quickly
Your offer and call to action should stand out and be mentioned multiple times throughout your email
What’s the offer?
Think about why people would want to read your email – what’s in it for them?
Avoid relying on images
Emails are often viewed with the images turned off so copy should appear as HTML
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) in EDMs
There are many different types of email programs and it is likely your email will display differently across each of them. For this reason we ask you not to put CSS in the header tags or link to a CSS file since many email programs will not recognise it.
You may wish to use standard in-line CSS coded HTML e.g. as opposed to . If so, please refer to the attached guide from Campaign Monitor which details the programs that support CSS.
Please note, Outlook 2007 uses Word 2007 to display HTML email and not Internet Explorer, which strips out all CSS. Our advice is to keep your email design simple to ensure your email will appear as intended.
All standard display creative needs to be submitted no later than 5 days prior to going live. All non standard ad sizes need to be submitted 10 working days in advance.
Please email your material to: Kate Livingstone firstname.lastname@example.org
If you envisage a problem meeting our deadlines please let us know.
What exactly is an impression, pixel or flash ad? For definitions for commonly used terms for internet advertising please use this Internet Advertising Terminology Guide.
To find out how EB can be an effective platform to reach your market please email Holly McSwain (email@example.com).
For Marketing or Editorial Enquiries please visit our contact details page.